talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru

football forum

Just now, Toinho said:

Well, I'm sure they really do want to, so they could win? I mean anyone could win a game? I hope you take something off of France though.

Not convinced our line up will be enough going forward to score enough tonight. 

We beat Brazil to knock them out 2 years ago, at our level anything is possible. It's not like we're on par with St Kitts and Nevis.

I agree on your lineup - Arzani should have started.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not expecting to win to be honest, we can if we really wanted too

Settle down there. While I thought Peru played well in their first match, or at least better than I expected, we are still talking about an elite team, and reading what you said, almost makes it sounds like you can't be arsed to be in the effort to win. 

I think I know what you are 'trying' to say, and that is that your chances are decent if everyone plays up to their standards, but what Peru needs today to have a chance is for France to play like shit again, and Peru to play better all around. I don't see France dropping points if they are playing well. 

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

We beat Brazil to knock them out 2 years ago, at our level anything is possible. It's not like we're on par with St Kitts and Nevis.

I agree on your lineup - Arzani should have started.

There's going to be two very fascinating games tonight. 

My education assistant was wearing Danish colours today because she is half Danish. The stakes are high! 

Just now, Eco said:

Settle down there. While I thought Peru played well in their first match, or at least better than I expected, we are still talking about an elite team, and reading what you said, almost makes it sounds like you can't be arsed to be in the effort to win. 

I think I know what you are 'trying' to say, and that is that your chances are decent if everyone plays up to their standards, but what Peru needs today to have a chance is for France to play like shit again, and Peru to play better all around. I don't see France dropping points if they are playing well. 

What I'm trying to say is that Peru can win if they wanted to against France, but its the same vice versa. They could too. Its all a probability game really. If both teams are at 100% France would probably win but the chances of that are low. We'd get a really good game if that was the case.

I can't see France being as shit as against Australia to be honest, so we need to give it our best and see what happens. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

You must surely admit that you're not part of the elite teams though? Surely on par with perhaps Egypt or the likes? 

We aren't an elite team but we are much better than the likes of Egypt.

I'd say we are on Mexico's level.

Just now, Blue said:

What I'm trying to say is that Peru can win if they wanted to against France, but its the same vice versa. They could too. Its all a probability game really. If both teams are at 100% France would probably win but the chances of that are low. We'd get a really good game if that was the case.

I can't see France being as shit as against Australia to be honest, so we need to give it our best and see what happens. 

Sorry Blue, if both teams played at 100%, You don't have a chance against this French team. 

Now, the last time I saw 100% from France was many moons ago so likely we won't be seeing that today, but remember that while you are St. Kits, the French aren't the Canadians. 

Just now, Eco said:

Sorry Blue, if both teams played at 100%, You don't have a chance against this French team. 

Now, the last time I saw 100% from France was many moons ago so likely we won't be seeing that today, but remember that while you are St. Kits, the French aren't the Canadians. 

We wouldn't win, but let me remind you that we played a Brazil team at near 100% in the qualifiers and gave them a game, although still lost. 

Its a probability game as I said and with Deschamps I doubt we'll see the French at 100% today. I certainly hope not.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

We wouldn't win, but let me remind you that we played a Brazil team at near 100% in the qualifiers and gave them a game, although still lost. 

Its a probability game as I said and with Deschamps I doubt we'll see the French at 100% today. I certainly hope not.

Fair enough - Every dog has it's day. Not calling you, or Peru a dog per say, but every Mexico can beat Germany once out of 10 chances. 

I need the French to come out and act like the elite team they are.

• Administrator

Already not a fan of this game so these players have a lot of work to do to get me back on side. Kit selection is poor - should be red vs gold.

This Jorgensen I thought was good against us. Everyone criticized him but I saw something in him. Good assist from him and great finish from Eriksen.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Imagine if we had a striker like Viduka. Our team plays so well but we've got ni focal point in attack.

Australia do play some decent stuff. The biggest compliment that can be given to the Aussies (as with Japan) is that they don’t build a wall with passport control in their quarter. 

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 2 - 21 June - Denmark 1-1 Australia, France 1-0 Peru
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived