• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland

football forum

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'll give my full thoughts on this game later, I've been watching without talking after my disappointment from earlier.

Preliminary thoughts, its a terrible game tactically from both teams. Besides Croatia's pressing which has been good, offensively both teams have too much individuality. I see the likes of Pavon, Messi, Rakitic going forward with no support. No overlapping or underlapping players, no players tracking up to go and join the attack, etc. Its extremely low quality. I'm tipping Denmark or France to beat either of these 2 teams.

Disagree with France. They’ve been fucking gash.

Argentina are definitely not getting through this group and it was always going to happen to be honest as they were very lucky to even be in the World Cup in the first place. They are a very awful side reliant on one man and if he's not in the game then they have nothing. They have top forwards but nothing else to provide or help these forwards. They are far from a team and the 3 finals they recently reached is definitely as far as I think this side will go. Their chances of winning something for a while have been and gone.

Quality goal from Modric, Croatia have really gone out there and got the job done tonight.

• Administrator

I know Messi has been poor and underwhelming but it's not like that's been the case with everyone else in the side being good.

There's only so much you can rely on one person for. 

Argentina have been utter turd as a whole, not just because of Messi.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I know Messi has been poor and underwhelming but it's not like that's been the case with everyone else in the side being good.

There's only so much you can rely on one person for. 

Argentina have been utter turd as a whole, not just because of Messi.

Shows how good really Ronaldo is though who carrys an average Portugese team when Messi does fuck all for Argentina. 

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived