• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland

football forum

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Shows how good really Ronaldo is though who carrys an average Portugese team when Messi does fuck all for Argentina. 

Ronaldo is on another planet. That guy is unbelievable.

The most embarrassing part is that Croatia haven't been all that either. They have benefitted from how bad Argentina have been. They were good on the individual game, but tactically I have not been impressed.

And people made fun of me for saying Argentina and Colombia were the 2 worst South American sides. 

This will not go down well.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know Messi has been poor and underwhelming but it's not like that's been the case with everyone else in the side being good.

There's only so much you can rely on one person for. 

Argentina have been utter turd as a whole, not just because of Messi.

88th minute and he's still strolling around the pitch.

Just now, Blue said:

The most embarrassing part is that Croatia haven't been all that either. They have benefitted from how bad Argentina have been. They were good on the individual game, but tactically I have not been impressed.

And people made fun of me for saying Argentina and Colombia were the 2 worst South American sides. 

This will not go down well.

They've been excellent second half

• Administrator

Croatia were brilliant.

Capitalised on any Argentina shortcomings and mistakes. Well organised and worked as a unit, as opposed to Argentina who relied on individuals too much and never even looked like a team.

Just now, LFCMike said:

They've been excellent second half

I thought their pressing has been good, but their counter attacking has not been that impressive in my opinion.

There is 1 guy waiting for 4 other players who just don't join the attack. However, on the individual basis they have been excellent. I think an organized team will knock them out.

Argentina on the other hand, completely shocking everywhere. 

Fuck off BBC. ‘It’s not fair on Messi. He’s so much better than all these players around him and he can’t carry them’. Tell that to Ronaldo you dumb cunts. Portugal are far worse man for man than this Argentina team in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah. Although he can't get the ball. Argentina's midfield lacks any true quality when in transition and dynamism. The only player capable of that is Lo Celso, and he is being punished for banging Sampaoli's daughter it seems. 

@Blue Was right. This Argentina team is a mess and it needs a heft transitional period. Whether Messi will still be a part of it, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Good point. I can defend Messi on Saturday. He tried, he was active, lively on the pitch, trying to make things happen and being the leader of the team.

The Messi of today´s match, on the other hand, is indefensible. He was very passive and accepted being marked out of the game. Terrible today.

Just now, Cicero said:

Yeah. Although he can't get the ball. Argentina's midfield lacks any true quality when in transition and dynamism. The only player capable of that is Lo Celso, and he is being punished for banging Sampaoli's daughter it seems. 

@Blue Was right. This Argentina team is a mess and it needs a heft transitional period. Whether Messi will still be a part of it, who knows. 

The team didn't help him but he made no effort to take over the midfield, was just happy to let them be shit and ever get the ball 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck off BBC. ‘It’s not fair on Messi. He’s so much better than all these players around him and he can’t carry them’. Tell that to Ronaldo you dumb cunts. Portugal are far worse man for man than this Argentina team in my opinion.

So's Croatia, yet they perform better as a team

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I can see what you're trying to say as Ronaldo is doing very well with a far more pragmatic system, but I think Portugal have a better side than Argentina.

Someone playing in the Chinese league in the most important part of the pitch up against Modrić and Rakitić.

Honestly... A bloody football fan could’ve selected a better team and squad than this guy.

Plus... I want to apologise to @Blue for saying the keeper was the least of their worries. Flippin eck!  What a fool... That changed the course of the game because then desperation entered Argentina and that’s impossible to cope with. Not that they were any good anyhow, but at least they were still in it and not the eventual embarrassment. 

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived