football forum

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Noooooo, what kind of person are you? :35_thinking:

He's TEAM NIGERIA.

He's that kind of person. Leave him alone.

Just now, Cicero said:

One who is growing increasingly tired of 1800's football 

But it's about the story. Iceland has a population of 350k people. That wouldn't even fill a medium big city. The fact that they're even at this tournament is insane. So from my point of view they can play however they please, and I'll support them. Plus they're cool as fuck Vikings, bro. 

Just now, Tommy said:

But it's about the story. Iceland has a population of 350k people. That wouldn't even fill a medium big city. The fact that they're even at this tournament is insane. So from my point of view they can play however they please, and I'll support them. Plus they're cool as fuck Vikings, bro. 

Right. And I respect that. 

I also respect Jose Mourinho. Yet I will always tell him and his football to fuck off 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Also, their goalie used to make zombie movies for a living. That's instant cult status xD 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also, their goalie used to make zombie movies for a living. That's instant cult status xD 

Right? How can you compared that to Mourinho and the millionaires/billionaires he manages. The whole country of Iceland with their few people are living a fairytale right now. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Right? How can you compared that to Mourinho and the millionaires/billionaires he manages. The whole country of Iceland with their few people are living a fairytale right now. 

I love to root for underdogs in general, but I also have a soft spot for Iceland in particular, as they were the first country to officially recognise our restored independence, hehe.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So because of what Iceland have accomplished I'm entitled to root for them? That makes no sense. The Mourinho reference is an acceptable comparrison in regards to respecting accomplishments, yet at the same time not particularly liking them? 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I never knew that... bet that is going to make for great conversation down the pub in later life... 

I've only got this on in the background. My only thoughts is that it leaves Argentina alive.

Croatia could either keep them alive in the final day, or be their doom after winning 3-0.

• Administrator
Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve still not forgiven them for the cod wars. C’mon Nigeria 

Welcome to #TeamNigeria.

Didn't expect it but I'll take it.

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I never knew that... bet that is going to make for great conversation down the pub in later life... 

their manager used to be a dentist, or still is, as well!

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 2 - 21/22 June - Argentina 0-3 Croatia, Nigeria 2-0 Iceland
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived