talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

Complete reboot and takes place 40 years after the 1st film. So glad to see they are going to ignore the abominations that came after, as well as the recently new remakes that were a new level of shit.

Being a massive fan of the original, to which it is by far my all time favorite horror film, can safely say I will be watching the premier of this. A part of me wishes they would just let this series die, but considering this is a continuation after the masterpiece that was the original, just gets me more eager to watch it. 

"I met him 15 years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no, uh, conscience, no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this 6 year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes. I spent 8 years trying to reach him and than another 7 trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the Halloween films as a kid, when I watched them as an adult though they were pretty shite. Hopefully this one delivers because I think they are just ignoring all the shitty sequels that came after the original movie if I have read it right.

15 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Loved the Halloween films as a kid, when I watched them as an adult though they were pretty shite. Hopefully this one delivers because I think they are just ignoring all the shitty sequels that came after the original movie if I have read it right.

The first is still an absolute timeless classic. Didn't have to even show blood to keep the viewer in suspense and terrified. Truly a masterpiece of its own. 

Everything after was shit. Especially the concept of making him 'invincible', which is why I am glad they chose to ignore the 2nd film as well. (Michael getting caught on fire and Laurie shooting him in the eyes). 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The first is still an absolute timeless classic. Didn't have to even show blood to keep the viewer in suspense and terrified. Truly a masterpiece of its own. 

Everything after was shit. Especially the concept of making him 'invincible', which is why I am glad they chose to ignore the 2nd film as well. (Michael getting caught on fire and Laurie shooting him in the eyes). 

Yeah I meant to say everything except the original movie was trash, I still watch the original because it's always on TV around Halloween time. The 1 based around a reality TV show were they are all locked in a house is easily the worst one ever made for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

2 more films in development 

Halloween Kills (2020) 

Halloween Ends (2021)

Will take some effort to make this ‘trilogy’ better than putting all efforts into one film. Really wished they took the latter route but nonetheless, I’m excited. 

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed the reboot, it wasn’t perfect but it was a hell of a lot better than anything bar the original. They were never going to leave it at just one, but I’m glad it’s the same creative team doing these two sequels to round out the trilogy. 

I liked the reboot but idk I just felt it was missing something.

Tone-wise it just feels off, with the dialogue just feeling kinda forced and distracting. The original had some awkward dialogue, but it seems to fit the slightly amateurish, bare-bones feel of the movie. In an otherwise more polished, modern movie, bad dialogue sticks out much more.

It seemed to be going for a gritty, realistic feel which it pulled-off brilliantly at certain moments, and then at other moments it goes for a sort-of goofy tone which just feels weird. The violence seems never quite seemed to hit hard enough, and the filler never seems particularly funny either. 

The original had a consistent tone which was serious but also kinda campy and unreal. Loomis for example was a melodramatic, Shakespearean character just randomly tossed into small-town America, and the teenagers weren't very convincingly written, but it worked perfectly because the movie wasn't trying to be super relatable, nor super realistic. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

It seemed to be going for a gritty, realistic feel which it pulled-off brilliantly at certain moments, and then at other moments it goes for a sort-of goofy tone which just feels weird. The violence seems never quite seemed to hit hard enough, and the filler never seems particularly funny either. 

My only negative of the film. The forced humor scenes took away the tone it set at the start. 

The realism was what I loved about the original. This one was good but at parts some murders were just ridiculous. I know you know which ones I’m talking about, but a few were incredibly unrealistic. 

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

I never even watched any after the original? There were quite a few weren’t there? Guessing I didn’t miss much going off the comments?

This reboot is the best on my to watch list. So am I okay to just watch the reboot without watching any of the others after the original? It will I miss any part of the story?

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I never even watched any after the original? There were quite a few weren’t there? Guessing I didn’t miss much going off the comments?

This reboot is the best on my to watch list. So am I okay to just watch the reboot without watching any of the others after the original? It will I miss any part of the story?

This reboot ignores everything after the original 1978 film. (Thank god)

Basically, after Loomis shoots Michael over the balcony and Michael disappears, he's later arrested by law enforcement that find him and he's incarcerated at an insane asylum for 40 years. That's where the 2018 film picks off. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This reboot ignores everything after the original 1978 film. (Thank god)

Basically, after Loomis shoots Michael over the balcony and Michael disappears, he's later arrested by law enforcement that find him and he's incarcerated at an insane asylum for 40 years. That's where the 2018 film picks off. 

Okay, thanks. What happened in the other 84 films? And why are they so bad?

22 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Okay, thanks. What happened in the other 84 films? And why are they so bad?

It's not necessarily that they were bad, just that they continued to distance themselves from John Carpenter's original concept of Michael. They made him invincible and that whole cult thing we saw in the 5th and 6th movie destroyed the entire franchise. 

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Cicero they were bad though. I’ll never get over that fucking clown music that played whenever those cops appeared in either 5 or 6, just tragic. 

Michael playing with the chain when he got arrested at the very end of the 5th movie did it for me. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Halloween kills has had mixed reviews so far from critics and fans. I really liked the last film might go to the cinemas and see it 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived