The better place to talk football.

Andre Carrillo - staying at Benfica for now

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't know where he fits into our system, do we need another player like him? I'm not keen to be honest but would respect Silva's judgement. 

That is of course if this isn't lazy journalism (which it probably is).

is he of your level?

• Subscriber

It probably is lazy journalism. He looked decent against Denmark but if he was actually that good consistently then where was he for Watford all season? 

If Bolasie ends up leaving or going out on loan this season we might be in the market for cover/competition for Walcott and Lookman, but given how difficult Watford are likely to make it for us to get anything or anyone from them I'd imagine there'll be cheaper alternatives to tick that box elsewhere.

• The title was changed to Andre Carrillo - Linked with Everton
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

It probably is lazy journalism. He looked decent against Denmark but if he was actually that good consistently then where was he for Watford all season? 

If Bolasie ends up leaving or going out on loan this season we might be in the market for cover/competition for Walcott and Lookman, but given how difficult Watford are likely to make it for us to get anything or anyone from them I'd imagine there'll be cheaper alternatives to tick that box elsewhere.

He is a talented player but he's very lazy and inconsistent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wanted by Silva. The man loves him. 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He was actually on loan to Watford, he’s registered to Benfica so the deal would be very much possible 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Heading to Al Hilal :dam:

Whatever, not like I had much hope for him to succeed at Everton.

Must be so frustrating to have a player that seems to perform so well for the national team never really kick on at a club level (which would likely make him a better player, thus able to produce even better performances for Peru)… and seemingly give very little fucks about his club career at all. A move to the Saudi league might have him performing much better at the club level, but it's no place to go to improve your skills or play against the best. Al-Hilal is ranked 3rd best Asian team... but none of the Asian leagues are particularly strong.

Strange career move for him. But no doubt he'll be paid well and it shouldn't be hard for him to be one of the better players in the league.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Must be so frustrating to have a player that seems to perform so well for the national team never really kick on at a club level (which would likely make him a better player, thus able to produce even better performances for Peru)… and seemingly give very little fucks about his club career at all. A move to the Saudi league might have him performing much better at the club level, but it's no place to go to improve your skills or play against the best. Al-Hilal is ranked 3rd best Asian team... but none of the Asian leagues are particularly strong.

Strange career move for him. But no doubt he'll be paid well and it shouldn't be hard for him to be one of the better players in the league.

Its bloody frustrating. He's at the quality for a top half team in the PL and he chooses to be lazy and make himself a bad example. Half the world is watching the PL, not even a third is watching the Peruvian national team. 

If there was one positive, its that the Saudi's will tell him to run at defence which will suit him, but as you mentioned beforehand, its not a good league! 

Its his career choice but as a fan, its a disappointing move. Either way, Carrillo is the Peruvian I have the least faith in Europe. He really is lazy.

All a done deal.

Seeing a lot of Peruvians say we have to respect his decision, which I guess is true but I expect him to respect that his time with the national team is done. What an absolutely wasted career. Bring on the next U20.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Thank fuck he isn't coming here.

Yep - you should be glad. Immensely talented player but you'd have become frustrated at his lack of work ethic. Only ever performs when he plays for the national team. Otherwise its just laziness.

• The title was changed to Andre Carrillo Chooses to Move to Al-Hilal

Archived