talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden

football forum

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yea we pretend to like you when you come and use our beaches :D

Do you think Hummels will play in the game? Seems like he has the same treatment as Mertesacker in the last world cup.

Na, man, you even like us in Venlo and Renesse. You love us, and we love you. Embrace it. 

We'll need Hummels after the Boateng suspension. His injury sounds like something that can be cured in a few days, so there might be hope. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Dan said:

Here's one then, if Mexico 0-1 Sweden and Germany 1-0 South Korea happen, who goes out?

I reckon it's Mexico.

I agree.  It would come down to goals scored between the three teams involved with one another (excluding games vs South Korea). 

With your scenario Mexico would have scored 1 vs Germany 

Sweden would have 2.  1 vs Germany and 1 vs Mexico 

Germany would also have 2  both vs Sweden 

one step further, Germany would win the group because of head to head vs Sweden 

If I got something wrong, someone please clarify!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I agree.  It would come down to goals scored between the three teams involved with one another (excluding games vs South Korea). 

With your scenario Mexico would have scored 1 vs Germany 

Sweden would have 2.  1 vs Germany and 1 vs Mexico 

Germany would also have 2  both vs Sweden 

one step further, Germany would win the group because of head to head vs Sweden 

If I got something wrong, someone please clarify!

Exactly my reasons. That would be so, so cruel on Mexico xD

I actually had Sweden top. While Germany beat them on head to head, I'm not sure you're able to implement head to head between two teams after it's already been done between three, like, I'm not sure you can do it without factoring Mexico in - meaning that it comes down to the next permutation, which is discipline, which Germany are going to fall on because of Boateng's red card.

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

17-toni-kroos-104897541.jpg

I for one welcome our new east German overlord. 

I don't. 1 moment of brilliance doesn't spare him from my wrath after 180 minutes of pure shite

Kroos. Up your fucking game. Singlehandedly responsible for Swedens goal, less creativity than Gumby.

Gundogan. Shithouse. Get off my pitch you fat wanker

Kimmich. less shit than last game. Finally learned to cross. But if you did a Kimmich backpass compilation it would go for an hour.

Werner. Shouldn't have started, shouldn't be at this world cup. The occasion is too big and he is too small and uselss.

Start Gomez and Brandt against Korea and we will turn them over.

Hard for Sweden. Had the chance to go through and now they might go home. 

Again, a clear demonstration of shit refereeing in this WC. How come the ref didn't ask for VAR's opinion, in the penalty? 

Credit to Germany, though. They were one man down and still went for the win. Lucky bastards. Always find a way to triumph. 

This World Cup must hold some sort of record for stoppage time goals already.

Whilst Germany going out would have created a very good talking point, they deserved a win from that match against Sweden. When Germany were down to ten men, Sweden sat back and invited pressure. There was no attempts to restrict chances, or dictate play. A real pathetic way to end the game.

It looks like we could be in for Germany Brazil in the next round now. Every predictor I did anticipated that would be the final. Pretty much a bye to the semis for the winner too if they get England in the quarters.

The sad thing about this is that were going to see Joachim Low on our TV for longer. Everything about that man is absolute disgusting. From his flakey dandruff hair, to his nails full of poo particles, to his t-shirt he hasn't watched since South Africa 2010, to the hairs around his genitals and ass that he's obsessed with.

Germany have some fantastic, wonderful players. It's just for me the pure vomit of that man outweighs it.

• Subscriber

Can't believe we nicked it in the last minute of added time, haha. Awful first half, very vulnerable on the counter, shockingly bad defending, lucky the penalty wasn't given. A bit better in the second half, and a terrific winning goal, but I can't see us going far this time. Hope Löw fucks off soon, but considering he extended his contract just before the tournament, that's extremely unlikely regardless of the final outcome :censored:

Also, watched it in a pub with a few English lads who were also cheering for Germany. Shock horror xD 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Toinho said:

Haven't seen it yet 

I'm messing. He just took ages. Pissing about walking from post to post, having a drink a couple of times, just general time-wasting to try and make Vela wait as long as possible.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm messing. He just took ages. Pissing about walking from post to post, having a drink a couple of times, just general time-wasting to try and make Vela wait as long as possible.

Disgusting ! 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The sad thing about this is that were going to see Joachim Low on our TV for longer. Everybody about that man is absolute disgusting. From his flakey dandruff hair, to his nails full of poo particles, to his t-shirt he hasn't watched since South Africa 2010, to the hairs around his genitals and ass that he's obsessed with.

Germany have some fantastic, wonderful players. It's just for me the pure vomit of that man outweighs it.

:96_ok_hand:

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The sad thing about this is that were going to see Joachim Low on our TV for longer. Everything about that man is absolute disgusting. From his flakey dandruff hair, to his nails full of poo particles, to his t-shirt he hasn't watched since South Africa 2010, to the hairs around his genitals and ass that he's obsessed with.

That is one of the best things I've ever read. 

Archived