• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden

football forum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

It's ten yards from the ball that the wall needs to be. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nope. All opposition players have to be minimum 10 yards away. You could have 3 or 4 players stood over the ball if you want.

Yards or metres?

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nope. All opposition players have to be minimum 10 yards away. You could have 3 or 4 players stood over the ball if you want.

6 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

It's ten yards from the ball that the wall needs to be. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

nah, always have to be 10 yards away from where the ball is placed.

SO, even if the second player is lined up to not take the free kick, he should be left alone?

I didnt know this, i though the opponents can mark him. Thanks guys

Just now, Stan said:

yards cos they said yards.

Some old people in Australia still use the imperial system in reference to the metric. I was wondering if the English had the mindset of geriatrics.

• Administrator
Just now, Asura said:

SO, even if the second player is lined up to not take the free kick, he should be left alone?

I didnt know this, i though the opponents can mark him. Thanks guys

yep, can't encroach ahead of where the referee sprays the white paint.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Some old people in Australia still use the imperial system in reference to the metric. I was wondering if the English had the mindset of geriatrics.

we like our traditions.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

yards. stone and feet.

Stones always makes me laugh. Reminds me of my grandfather that would occasional use fahrenheit to talk about the weather. Fucking stones xD, jesus christ - and you lot make fun of the Yanks for some stupid shit, I think the world is missing a step by not lumping you bastards in with 'em.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why else do you think we voted Brexit?

The horrible but easier metric system, straight bananas and no more people from far away lands living on our streets.  :ph34r::eek:

Why did you quote yourself, you wined up lispy legume?

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

yards. stone and feet.

That reminds me of a hilarious moment when I was a kid visiting family in France.  I asked one of my cousins how many stones he weighed and he looked at me strangely saying "What do you mean how many stones?" ... I said, yeah, stones, you know!  How many stones do you weigh?  He responded "I don't know, but let's go into the garden to find out... Does it have to be stones.  Rocks are faster to collect, we'll need less of those!"

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Stones always makes me laugh. Reminds me of my grandfather that would occasional use fahrenheit to talk about the weather. Fucking stones xD, jesus christ - and you lot make fun of the Yanks for some stupid shit, I think the world is missing a step by not lumping you bastards in with 'em.

Funnily enough nobody says farenheight but in terms of height, never come across anyone who wasn't a bellend who says their height in metres. Likewise weight and long distances.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived