Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden

football forum

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Machado said:

So why was there no VAR?

somehow they didn't think it was a clear and obvious error from the ref which I disagree with.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

So why was there no VAR?

They start cacking themselves when it looks like teams like Germany and Argentina might go out so start fiddling things to make sure they give them the best possible chance of staying in that's what I think.. Thats why we didn't get anything for Kane being rugby tackled in the box as they don't give a toss if we drop out.. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

The most stonewall penalty of the tournament so far.

I'd say the grappling in the box for Kane and Mitrovic against Tunisia and Switzerland respectively were far more obvious.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I imagine FIFA jimmies would be rustled if Germany were out after this game. 

For sure.. such a high profile side doing wank just won't do when they can manipulate the situation to ensure progress.. Might be why Low assumed they would be in the later rounds, he was probably given the nod at the beginning of the tournament.. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They start cacking themselves when it looks like teams like Germany and Argentina might go out so start fiddling things to make sure they give them the best possible chance of staying in that's what I think.. Thats why we didn't get anything for Kane being rugby tackled in the box as they don't give a toss if we drop out.. 

I don't like to believe it was pre-determined to be like this. I like to think it was just a bad mistake, otherwise I wouldn't be watching this.

Would have been a red card as well I think?

I think you could argue there’s a difference between an important error and a clear one.

Personally I didn’t feel sure until I saw the replay, so I guess that could mean it’s not clear. But still, it’s a pretty big call to miss.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

I don't like to believe it was pre-determined to be like this. I like to think it was just a bad mistake, otherwise I wouldn't be watching this.

nah he made a genuine attempt to get the ball so probably just a booking.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

I have to be honest and say a corrupted system that has been proven to be corrupt and manipulative as being something I could trust as far as I could throw a fully grown elephant will never regain my trust in it... If this system ( VAR ) is in place to give fairness you have to seriously question why so many incidents have been overlooked without explanation.. To not call the complete obvious has to make you wonder what is really going on behind the scenes.. 

• The title was changed to Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived