talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden

football forum

To be fair, Low has made some shocking decisions. Reus should have started first game, and Goretzska should be in the team. Same with Sane, albeit even if he hasn't performed for Germany. I was actually impressed with him in the confederations cup.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 6666 said:

You know nothing. Stay lost in your emotions.

Stay lost being blinded by your own club. He was terrible in the first game.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Like Argentina, this is what happens when you play a second-string goalkeeper. Neuer is the best in the world but he isn't fit and hasn't played all season. I said this before the tournament but the parallels between Low 2018 and del Bosque 2014 are staggering. 

Neuer just made you look like a muppet.

Just now, Blue said:

Stay lost being blinded by your own club. He was terrible in the first game.

Point is that he wasn't as bad as others in attack and Germany's defence not caring about positioning isn't down to any of those in attack. That's analysis that can't be disagreed with however much you want to.

Neuer is still the best goalkeeper in the world. He's not looked as good, but to be fair it wasn't an easy save in Lozano and Toinoven's efforts. The latter could have been impossible actually. I think some people are being slightly harsh.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Neuer is still the best goalkeeper in the world. He's not looked as good, but to be fair it wasn't an easy save in Lozano and Toinoven's efforts. The latter could have been impossible actually. I think some people are being slightly harsh.

smacks of favouritism though when Neuer barely plays this season but Ter Stegen can have a quality season at Barcelona and still not get a look in. 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Point is that he wasn't as bad as others in attack and Germany's defence not caring about positioning isn't down to any of those in attack. That's analysis that can't be disagreed with however much you want to.

He did fuck all in the last game, what game did you actually watch? Germany in the first 5 minutes here created more than in the last game.

Defensively he may have been better in transition then the likes of Kroos and Kimmich but that doesn't take away that he just stood there like a bird. I probably could have beaten him in that goal. 

The right man for the game was Goretzska in my opinion.

Just now, Blue said:

He did fuck all in the last game, what game did you actually what? Germany in the first 5 minutes here created more than in the last game.

Defensively he may have been better in transition then the likes of Kroos and Kimmich but that doesn't take away that he just stood there like a bird. I probably could have beaten him in that goal. 

The right man for the game was Goretzska in my opinion.

Goretzka as number 10. Okay. And Germany had 26 shots against Mexico but once again, okay.

They're pretty much doing the same thing as the last game.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

smacks of favouritism though when Neuer barely plays this season but Ter Stegen can have a quality season at Barcelona and still not get a look in. 

There was actually a similar issue with us in the whole Corzo-Advincula and who should start. I remember in that argument I said Corzo did nothing wrong to not start, and Advincula shouldn't just get games because of profile. So in other words, I do agree with you, but at the same time I do feel he's being targeted a bit unfairly. He's not looked at his best but he's still at a good standard. 

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Goretzka as number 10. Okay. And Germany had 26 shots against Mexico but once again, okay.

They're pretty much doing the same thing as the last game.

Shots mean fuck all. You could literally shoot it straight at the keeper at a slow pace and it's on target. Why don't you actually watch the games before coming out with nonsense arguments?

If you think Ozil was good last game, good for you that's your opinion but your arguments for it have been shocking. Germany's best chance in the last game was off a free kick. Here, they have actually been creating clear cuts. 

Sorry if I'm coming out as abrasive, but don't go out to tell me I know nothing when you are only looking at match stats.

• Administrator
Just now, ASF said:

Go on Sweden.

Germany always got to, at least, the quarter-finals since 1954. So hopefully we'll see that record end tonight. 

they've always qualified out of the group stage since 1934 as well apparently. would be huge for them to get knocked out at this stage.

• Administrator

The thing I don't get about Germany's game plan is that they're looking to cross it in to Muller and Werner. They get the ball in wide positions ready for players to cross and before Sweden can get enough players back but when the ball goes wide, instead of crossing, they fancy knocking it around for a bit. 

It's slow. It's turgid. It's quite frankly a bit boring from them. Sweden are doing what they do best. Defend in numbers, restrict crossing opportunities and clear scoring opportunities and then hit on the break when possible.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Shots mean fuck all. You could literally shoot it straight at the keeper at a slow pace and it's on target. Why don't you actually watch the games before coming out with nonsense arguments?

If you think Ozil was good last game, good for you that's your opinion but your arguments for it have been shocking. Germany's best chance in the last game was off a free kick. Here, they have actually been creating clear cuts. 

Sorry if I'm coming out as abrasive, but don't go out to tell me I know nothing when you are only looking at match stats.

I didn't say Ozil was good. Just saying others weren't any better, some were worse and in terms of effort they weren't any good and worse. Making the point that people trying to scapegoat Ozil are being pretty moronic. And I'm being proven right.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

I didn't say Ozil was good. Just saying others weren't any better, some were worse and in terms of effort they weren't any good and worse. Making the point that people trying to scapegoat Ozil are being pretty moronic. And I'm being proven right.

I'm not criticizing you for that though, you may have seen something in Ozil that I didn't. I'm just criticizing you for telling me that I know nothing then reading off match stats to back your argument.

Again, Ozil may have been good for you in that first game, that's totally fine. For me he wasn't, and he was just as bad as Kroos in my opinion. 

Unlucky goal to be honest, Sweden did everything right but Reus had a bit of a trick shot. It was coming at one point though.

• The title was changed to Group F Matchday 2 - 23 June - South Korea 1-2 Mexico, Germany 2-1 Sweden
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived