• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forum

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan said:

We absolutely have to beat these and convincingly.

This.

I don't want to say I think we will because it's England, but if we want to progress and achieve something we need to build on the Tunisia result. Be composed on the ball, finish properly and don't let the performance levels slide like they did. If they keep that performance up and relax a bit in front of goal then I think we'll win no problems.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

This.

I don't want to say I think we will because it's England, but if we want to progress and achieve something we need to build on the Tunisia result. Be composed on the ball, finish properly and don't let the performance levels slide like they did. If they keep that performance up and relax a bit in front of goal then I think we'll win no problems.

I'm actually pretty confident we will do what I said. 3-0 win I reckon. Panama aren't really any good and we're actually creating good chances quite regularly nowadays. The finishing against Tunisia was extraordinarily bad and I can't see it being like that again.

I do worry about that second half a bit but to be fair we should've been well ahead. 3+ sitters missed and two stone wall penalties denied.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Marc said:

What’s the biggest ever World Cup win?

9-0 in 1954 (Hungary vs South Korea)
9-0 in 1974 (Yugoslavia v Zaire)

When it comes to England, Ive found myself agreeing with @Smiley Culture more than the optimists.

After the first set of games, I have lost optimism of England winning this group. England and Belgium played very similar in the first ten minutes. Both quick out the blocks and creating chances. After that they both thought there was plenty of time and by half time they surprised themselves they weren't winning.

The difference was in the second half Belgium took there chances more. Kevin DeBruyne looks like he's going to be the real piece of quality between two teams that seem in a similar situation in their phase of transition.

I'm looking forward more to the Belgium / Tunisia game more to see if Tunisia are much better than Panama or we gave them too much respect.

I can’t see England trumping Belgium’s goal difference to be honest. Belgium, I expect, will beat Tunisia and I can’t see England scoring 3+ goals to match/better Belgium’s goal difference tbh. 

I fully expect Panama to sit behind the ball, be aggressive and happy to play for a point, much like you see teams do in club football and though Tunisia didn’t trouble England in attack, we struggled to break them down and it could be the case here too. 

A defeat for Colombia in their group game and the Belgium game is utterly pointless as I’d fancy England against any of Senegal, Japan and Poland. 

44 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

When it comes to England, Ive found myself agreeing with @Smiley Culture more than the optimists.

After the first set of games, I have lost optimism of England winning this group. England and Belgium played very similar in the first ten minutes. Both quick out the blocks and creating chances. After that they both thought there was plenty of time and by half time they surprised themselves they weren't winning.

The difference was in the second half Belgium took there chances more. Kevin DeBruyne looks like he's going to be the real piece of quality between two teams that seem in a similar situation in their phase of transition.

I'm looking forward more to the Belgium / Tunisia game more to see if Tunisia are much better than Panama or we gave them too much respect.

Could end up being that they'd be better off finishing second. 

Massive fan of Southgate having a dig at the media. An England manager has needed to say that for years, they usually wait till they’re out of the job and I suppose people think it’s bitterness that they’re having a go at the media after they’ve lost games of Football to countries like Iceland or failed to qualify for tournaments but we’ve needed someone to say whilst they’re the England manager, so this is a good thing. 

Creating an ‘Us vs Them’ atmosphere and uniting fans with the national setup is only a good thing in my eyes. Hopefully people turn on the newspapers and the shit stains that write that crap. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Massive fan of Southgate having a dig at the media. An England manager has needed to say that for years, they usually wait till they’re out of the job and I suppose people think it’s bitterness that they’re having a go at the media after they’ve lost games of Football to countries like Iceland or failed to qualify for tournaments but we’ve needed someone to say whilst they’re the England manager, so this is a good thing. 

Creating an ‘Us vs Them’ atmosphere and uniting fans with the national setup is only a good thing in my eyes. Hopefully people turn on the newspapers and the shit stains that write that crap. 

agreed. about time the media got a verbal two-fingered message stuck up to them 

I don't get FIFA's rules on kits during matches.

Australia and Denmark can't play in home kits because red and yellow are bright colors that collide but Belgium and Tunisia are playing in away kits yet its still yellow and red.

It's just outside. Phil Neville showing how utterly retarded he is by claiming it to be inside the box. Its a joke that decision has stood.

I absolutely hate Phill Neville. I really think he is a fucking stupid, ugly cunt.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived