• Created
  • Last Reply

16 minutes ago, Blue said:
29 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

At least I don't lie to try and fit in.

28 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes you do

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

Neither do I and I don't see me calling you a liar. Have a day off.

:bartrapique:

Falling in love with Southgate and this England team. Love how dangerous we are at set pieces as well, clearly been working on the movement and roles at set pieces.

Some very pissed people when I was in town a few hours ago. Honestly if we ever win something it will be fucking mental. The country will stop and the parties will go on for days,

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Falling in love with Southgate and this England team. Love how dangerous we are at set pieces as well, clearly been working on the movement and roles at set pieces.

Some very pissed people when I was in town a few hours ago. Honestly if we ever win something it will be fucking mental. The country will stop and the parties will go on for days,

It would be brilliant. The country would come to a standstill. BBC and itv would have to do something because of all the tv demand

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

National holiday, declared by the people.

Fucking right. If we can have  bank holidays for royal weddings we could have one for england reaching a world cup final

here's the complete Euro side of qualifiers .............

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/europe/index.html

while here's the south american side of things ---

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/southamerica/index.html

actually i find the euro format to be fair coz this is the "world" cup.   each team in each region has a shot to make it to the finals.     

as for England.   let's wait for thursday when they face belgium.    if they perform well against a well established team then they might get far .... coz it's premature to be excited with wins against tunisia and panama :P 

The game was pretty much done after Stone's early goal, Panama didn't know what to do after that. Great goal from Lingard, shame about the celebration.

And even though that was the most unimpressive hat trick I've ever seen, you know it's Harry Kane's tournament when he's got 5 goals without actually doing anything great. 2 tap ins, 2 penalties and 1 being deflected off him while he was offside and VAR not ruling it out. England to win the world cup!

Got a lot of stick for being “negative” and saying the Tunisia game was a missed opportunity, I think I’m vindicated now after today’s game. 

That could have been three or four on Monday and today, England were clinical and ruthless and fully deserving of a five goal win. 

Nice win in the end and this time holding in the box was punished unlike our first game.. wish they could be more consistent with it as it's been going on in a few games.. 

The team are looking bright, fresh and committed which is good to see... Had a couple of easy starts which to be fair we have won but Belgium will be an interesting test for us and give us a more realistic look at where we are as a team.. 

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Marc said:

Dgd3-DrWkAIIccK.jpgDgdlIFcX4AALxxj.jpg

Bottom paragraph is spot on and the main reason I've felt better about this tournament than I have any in a long time. We have approached it differently to previous ones. Like the Euros for example you could spot the flaws a mile off. I never felt properly behind us in that tournament, I was sure it would end in disaster and sure enough it did.

This time I don't fancy us to actually win it but I think the semis are achievable and that's a very strong tournament, and a significant improvement after years of garbage.

9 hours ago, bozziovai said:

exactly.     this drubbing ain't a demonstration of how strong england is but only the fact that panama is a lowly football country.    possible opponents of england in the r16 is either japan or senegal or even colombia, can we say that'll be a lucky straw ???

Agreed. I think Belgium should win the next game pretty comfortably. 

England just don't seem to score much from open play and i think a team with Belgium's height will defend set pieces better, concede fewer penalties and have enough quality to punish at the other end. 

Can't believe Kane got a hattrick from two penalties and a ball inadvertently bouncing off the back of his head!  😂

Don't get me wrong. A solid victory. But a 3-0 win with goals from open play would have given more reason for optimism imo...

9 hours ago, Blue said:

South America - 9 World Cup wins

CONCACAF - 0 World Cup wins

AFC - 0 World Cup wins

OFC - 0 World Cup wins

CAF - 0 World Cup wins

UEFA - 11 World Cup wins

#SouthAmericaOverrepresented

The other thing you haven't mentioned is how much worse the south American seem to do in euro located tournaments. I'll bet only a couple of their 9 cup wins came in Europe.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Agreed. I think Belgium should win the next game pretty comfortably. 

England just don't seem to score much from open play and i think a team with Belgium's height will defend set pieces better, concede fewer penalties and have enough quality to punish at the other end. 

Can't believe Kane got a hattrick from two penalties and a ball inadvertently bouncing off the back of his head!  😂

Don't get me wrong. A solid victory. But a 3-0 win with goals from open play would have given more reason for optimism imo...

I agree with most of what you're saying and didn't think we played particularly great, but with Lingard's goal, the play leading upto the foul on Lingard for the penalty, the free kick essentially being the closest thing to a goal from open play from a set piece that you'll ever see there were some positives to build on against Belgium.

I heard on the radio before yesterday’s game that Roberto Martinez was likely to make wholesale changes for the England game. I wonder now if he’s changed his mind based on England’s win and performance and Colombia beating Poland, giving them a decent chance of second place. 

I’m hoping Senegal can pull a point (at least) out of the bag against Colombia, as I think they’re the strongest team in that group and I’d fancy England the least against them in comparison with Japan and Senegal. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I heard on the radio before yesterday’s game that Roberto Martinez was likely to make wholesale changes for the England game. I wonder now if he’s changed his mind based on England’s win and performance and Colombia beating Poland, giving them a decent chance of second place. 

I’m hoping Senegal can pull a point (at least) out of the bag against Colombia, as I think they’re the strongest team in that group and I’d fancy England the least against them in comparison with Japan and Senegal. 

Apparently Lukaku could be done because of ligament damage to.his foot. Hazard doubtful as well. 

Having said that, they've still got some good players on the bench to replace them. 

On 24/06/2018 at 18:03, Panna King said:

Dont get too carried away  Panama are shit! I be more worried they scored!

I firmly believe people should get carried away as much as they like right now. It's what makes a world cup. It's about a collective energy and spirit and England has not had this feeling in a long long time. 

I walked in to work this morning and a mate straight away said to me "it's coming home". We've beaten two of the shittest if not the 2 shittest teams at the tournament and don't look great at the back. Yet it doesn't matter if the electricity is irrational because at least we are having this moment and emotional experience. The longer it lasts the stronger it will get, the stronger the memory will be. The bond to the competition, to each other, to the game.

I've also heard people complaining about the hype. Usually it is fashionable for England fans to distance themselves from the hype, probably a coping mechanism in recent years, but if you aren't feeling your feet come off the ground at least a little bit right now you shouldn't be in football.

Watch out for those looking to poke fun at England fans. They either can't stand England winning or don't understand football and in the case of one person I know, probably both.

Archived