talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forum

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sterling still wank and still on the pitch. It’s the only bad thing Southgate is doing in my opinion. Persisting with a player who’s off form. He’s obviously praying for him to score but if it’s not happening against Panama, it’s not happening against anyone. Rashford will be his sacrificial lamb against Belgium when Sterling is dropped to protect him. Then Southgate will say “told you so”.

He was playing Vardy, an actual striker behind Sterling at the end so I agree, was definitely trying to get him a goal.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/06/2018 at 01:46, Paulo Dybala said:

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. I know Panama. We won't be seeing the biggest ever World Cup win.

:bartrapique:

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

You say you watched them yet failed to tell me what happened in both those games.

Its our own fault for being wasteful in the first game but its unfair to judge us against France, who are a better team. Your comment on Argentina being superior to everyone is embarassing as Argentina failed to beat Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela and Brazil in qualifying.
You've avoided my question too, which continent is underrepresented if its not South America? Both them and Europe should have more spots if its about the "best teams".

Europe is, aww, and to give you an idea how easy it is to qualify from South America, Luxembourg drew France in their most recent competetive match and finished last in their group.

#it´sosohardtoqualifyfromSouthAmerica

4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Europe is, aww, and to give you an idea how easy it is to qualify from South America, Luxembourg drew France in their most recent competetive match and finished last in their group.

As I said, Europe should get 18 spots if they wanted to make a world cup with the best teams. Venezuela, Paraguay, Chile and Ecuador could smash a third of the teams in Europe. South America should get 7-8, who else would make up the 32? AFC?

Congrats on Luxembourg for getting a shithouse draw against France. Christ, you're so european centric its quite an embarrassing sight.

Venezuela failed to lose vs Argentina in qualifying. Bolivia also beat Argentina, Chile and Peru. Meanwhile, France is beating the Netherlands 4-0 and Portugal won all their games but 1, mostly smashings.

#itssohardtoqualifyfromeurope

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

After France won 4-0 against Holland and almost booked their place as top team of the group.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

As I said, Europe should get 18 spots if they wanted to make a world cup with the best teams. Venezuela, Paraguay, Chile and Ecuador could smash a third of the teams in Europe. South America should get 7-8, who else would make up the 32? AFC?

Congrats on Luxembourg for getting a shithouse draw against France. Christ, you're so european centric its quite an embarrassing sight.

Venezuela failed to lose vs Argentina in qualifying. Bolivia also beat Argentina, Chile and Peru. Meanwhile, France is beating the Netherlands 4-0 and Portugal won all their games but 1, mostly smashings.

#itssohardtoqualifyfromeurope

Yeah but south america only has 10 teams. The top ten in Europe is stronger than south america

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but south america only has 10 teams. The top ten in Europe is stronger than south america

Only the top 5 is stronger in my opinion.

The point is he thinks teams like Luxembourg and San Marino would do better than the likes of Peru and Venezuela, when we'd just see more results like the one we just saw. He is the apitimy of European centrism.

• Subscriber

It is easier to qualify in Europe if you're a better side. Our qualifying group didn't provide one single challenge.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

The point is he thinks teams like Luxembourg and San Marino would do better than the likes of Peru and Venezuela, when we'd just see more results like the one we just saw. He is the apitimy of European centrism.

I'm not sure if he actually said that mate. England are what 8th in Europe and we are better than bolivia or who ever are 8th in south america 

10 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The South American qualifiers are definitely a lot more competitive than the European ones. Playing the weakest teams(Bolivia and Venezuela) away in South America is certainly a far more difficult task than having to face the likes of San Marino, Faroe Islands, Andorra, Macedonia, Gibraltar, the Isle of man, Ibiza(the latter 2 are obviously taking the piss, but may as well have national teams), etc, etc. The South America qualifiers are actually good to watch, given how they are like a league format and even the worst teams are ultra difficult to beat away from home. They are a breath of freshair to other qualifiers to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's true, but the actual qualifying groups themselves in the European qualifiers are largely full of shite.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Eheheheheheheh.

I'm serious, you think San Marino or Slovakia could beat those 4 sides?

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The South American qualifiers are definitely a lot more competitive than the European ones. Playing the weakest teams(Bolivia and Venezuela) away in South America is certainly a far more difficult task than having to face the likes of San Marino, Faroe Islands, Andorra, Macedonia, Gibraltar, the Isle of man, Ibiza(the latter 2 are obviously taking the piss, but may as well have national teams), etc, etc. The South America qualifiers are actually good to watch, given how they are like a league format and even the worst teams are ultra difficult to beat away from home. They are a breath of freshair to other qualifiers to be honest.

That's true, but the actual qualifying groups themselves in the European qualifiers are largely full of shite.

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Don't argue with him Rebel, you are apparently "arguing against facts" to Euro centrism!

(in seriousness, put him in his place. I can't stand that sort of mentality)

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm serious, you think San Marino or Slovakia could beat those 4 sides?

That's not one third.

The only good south american team in the world cup is Brazil...

It's harder to qualify because the level is similar between the sides, but it is not high level.

@Blue how would you change the qulifiyong format. Would you join with north America so the best of the whole continent got through

For us South Americans, North and South America are just America, but I think down here there is a proper football tradition and proper competition across the whole continent. I would keep it the same and the only change I would accept is if Mexico wanted to join, I'd let them. A lot of people here don't like them including myself, but as far as I'm aware they are welcome.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

That's not one third.

The only good south american team in the world cup is Brazil...

It's harder to qualify because the level is similar between the sides, but it is not high level.

So who is the second best continent for you?

Is Faroe Islands, Moldova, Slovakia, San Marino better than all the sides I've mentioned? It is the highest level qualifiers there is. And they often perform in World Cups. This tournament has been a one off.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

For us South Americans, North and South America are just America, but I think down here there is a proper football tradition and proper competition across the whole continent. I would keep it the same and the only change I would accept is if Mexico wanted to join, I'd let them. A lot of people here don't like them including myself, but as far as I'm aware they are welcome.

Ok. When you actually look at percentages south america gets the most. I mean 5 out of ten regularly qualify so that is half of south america. How seriously is the cops america taken? To me it seems that it is taken as seriously as the euros which is on a par with the word cup

Ok. When you actually look at percentages south america gets the most. I mean 5 out of ten regularly qualify so that is half of south america. How seriously is the cops america taken? To me it seems that it is taken as seriously as the euros which is on a par with the word cup

Very seriously. 

Argentina nor Brazil didn't win the last 3 tournaments.

But you know #BrazilandArgentinatheonly2goodteams

I find it hilarious that everyone has avoided my question in who is the second best continent.

You lot know you're talking bollocks. Especially when one of them says that Mexico, Panama and Honduras is a part of South America xD

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

You mean like Brazil would smash Croatia?

Honestly with the performance Peru showed so far they wouldn´t stand a chance against the likes of Czech Republic, Ireland, Greece, Turkey and more than 10 other European countries, who all didn´t qualify. By the way I never said it would be hard to qualify from Europe; it was you who, may i say uncalled for, several times said South America would be the hardest continental federation to qualify from- now live with the consequences when your claim is proven by a reality check.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived