talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group H Matchday 2 - 24 June - Japan 2-2 Senegal, Poland 0-3 Colombia

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This group was the one that interests me the most going in to the second round of fixtures. I didn't honestly expect Japan to get anything from this group, but they look to be just as competitive as the other three.

Senegal and Poland was a disappointment for me. I expected to see more fluidity and creativity from Senegal, whilst Poland looked very underwhelming. Columbia looked ok, but it's difficult to assess a side down to ten men after four minutes.

I like this Senegal team. Purely made of strong players who will physically win the ball from you. Its not a good matchup for Japan.

Don't know why but I've signed up to a bookies website for the first time just to place a £10 free bet on Japan. 

Maybe it was some hipster tactical prediction I saw on twitter. Maybe because Nakamura turns 40 today.

In any case, Tennoheika Banzai, Nippon.

Technically in think Japan are better but senegal are bigger and more physical. I would fancy England against either of these sides but I said the same against Iceland 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

What a goal by Takashi Inui and the tenacity by Nakatomo.

Did you Google the spelling ha ha

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Did you Google the spelling ha ha

Poor Phil, he's going to have to put more than one person on post preview today xD

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Haha i saw the name on the back of the jersey for Nagatomo and corrected it. Or are you talking about Inui?

Both bud 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Figured you'd know Yoshida and Okazaki from their time in the Prem too.

Yeah know the name now that you mention it. I don't know as much about football as most in here

• Subscriber

This game is going to have a killer second half. Japan are slowly getting back into it and they've made better use of their possession. I think we'll see another goal from them in the second half. Nagatomo was staying further back because of the threat of pace but now he's getting more joy up the pitch. Such a shame the right wing isn't as effective because the Senegalese players aren't tracking on that side of the pitch.

• The title was changed to Group H Matchday 2 - 24 June - Japan 2-2 Senegal, Poland 0-3 Colombia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived