The better place to talk football.

Group A Matchday 3 - 25 June - Saudi Arabia 2-1 Egypt, Uruguay 3-0 Russia

football forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Uruguay haven’t picked up a single yellow card  more than 225 mins of football. o.O

and also first team to win all their group games without conceding since Argentina in 1998.

Uruguay are the first side since Argentina '98 to win all three group stage games with no goals conceded.

On paper they are the best team in the world cup so far but in my opinion in a group that is thrash.

Uruguay are going to be very tough to beat. As was said earlier... A club side in international football. I said before the tournament started that they had a fantastic side and that all that was needed is for them to have a coach getting them to play well. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

and also first team to win all their group games without conceding since Argentina in 1998.

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Uruguay are the first side since Argentina '98 to win all three group stage games with no goals conceded.

keep up mate.

I cannot believe Saudi Arabia won a football match. What an absolute disgrace Egypt are.

Seeing Uruguay turn up to the party now is interesting. Best time to hit their stride given who they're likely to play in the next round.

Also Godin has been a beast for five years now. To think i signed him on FM '07 for Newcastle and he couldn't get a game ahead of Titus Bramble.

• The topic was unpinned

Egypt are a disgrace. Cuper has done a dreadful job with Egypt. Sure, he took them to their first world cup in 28 years, which can't be looked upon but the qualifiers were much easier in Africa this time around without the final playoffs. His team did not even look competitive at any point.

Uruguay winning in the most Uruguayan way. A free kick, deflection and off a set piece. Get used to that. Russia have been shown up by a proper team.

I didn't see much of the Uruguay vs Russia game but have just watched a lot of the action back now and it seems as though it was comfortable for the Uruguayans. It looks as though Russia aren't as strong as they may have looked in their two opening fixtures, while Uruguay seem to have woken up.

It would be a nightmare to play against this Uruguay side without a doubt. They are one of the best sides defensively in the competition and have a lot of Atletico Madrid about them, which could potentially take them far. Godin is the best defender in the world for me and has been for some years.

Good to see Luis Suarez starting to get in on the goals in this world cup as well.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Egypt are a disgrace. Cuper has done a dreadful job with Egypt. Sure, he took them to their first world cup in 28 years, which can't be looked upon but the qualifiers were much easier in Africa this time around without the final playoffs. His team did not even look competitive at any point.

Uruguay winning in the most Uruguayan way. A free kick, deflection and off a set piece. Get used to that. Russia have been shown up by a proper team.

replace Egypt with Peru.

replace Cuper with Gareca.

Replace 28 years with 36 years.

:ph34r: 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

replace Egypt with Peru.

replace Cuper with Gareca.

Replace 28 years with 36 years.

:ph34r: 

To be fair, Gareca actually went out to look for the game where as Cuper's teams never once looked competitive in the tournament. I know you were joking, but it was something I came very close to mentioning xD

• Subscriber

Knew Uruguay would win. Dark horses to win the whole thing for me. Still yet to drop a point or concede a goal - or even really look like conceding one (granted their group was wank).

Didn't see the Saudis winning though and looking at the stats it looks like they battered Egypt really.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Knew Uruguay would win. Dark horses to win the whole thing for me. Still yet to drop a point or concede a goal - or even really look like conceding one (granted their group was wank).

Didn't see the Saudis winning though and looking at the stats it looks like they battered Egypt really.

Not convinced Saudi's are better than Egypt, I think it was more Cuper's way of setting up that did them.

Archived