The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco

football forum

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Marc said:

This ref has been abysmal, bad decisions, never a handball and he just hasn't had control of the players or managers.

VAR farcical 

Portugal v Uruguay is the battle of two team that just do enough each time. Fancy Portugal because they have more match winners. Spain to hammer Russia.

VARCICAL. As Lawro would say.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Was Ronaldo's penalty a pen? I was watching Spain, which was a great game too.

nah, very soft to give it.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Yellow according to Livescore and I had a bet on red card anytime which has lost. 

I thought he got carded during the game as well for the handball/penalty.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Hear attack stuff. Feel like retiring from watching football. I think this has been my final Spain game I’ll watch. I’ll watch the others but no more Spain games thank you. 

RLY? Mate. C'mon. If you stop watching Spain games is because they are pathetic at the back, but since Portugal scored, there was not much drama of qualifying or not.

Out in the last sixteen with Russia or Uruguay anyways. De Gea is a dead man walking. No pulse at the goal or, and as far as the whole defensive system is concerned, anywhere.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Was Ronaldo's penalty a pen? I was watching Spain, which was a great game too.

Never. An absolute joke decision.

EDIT: My bad. I only seen the last 15. Been a long day xD I thought you were on about the handball.

Just now, Kowabunga said:

RLY? Mate. C'mon. If you stop watching Spain games is because they are pathetic at the back, but since Portugal scored, there was not much drama of qualifying or not.

Out in the last sixteen with Russia or Uruguay anyways. De Gea is a dead man walking. No pulse at the goal or, and as far as the whole defensive system is concerned, anywhere.

Probably will go out mate but I don’t like the cardiac sensations I get watching Spain exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Did you want me to confirm that they’re toothless?  We are! But so are a number of others in this year’s World Cup it seems with last gasp savijg moments. 

• The title was changed to Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Probably will go out mate but I don’t like the cardiac sensations I get watching Spain exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Did you want me to confirm that they’re toothless?  We are! But so are a number of others in this year’s World Cup it seems with last gasp savijg moments. 

Boo hoo! You just imagine the feeling of being a minnow and that everytime the opposition has the ball it's a potential goal.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What do you think of Silva anyways, mate? 

Very redundant, imho.

• Subscriber

That was utterly ridiculous. VAR isn't the problem here, the technology can only be a benefit to the sport but this referee was weak, couldn't stand up to the players to make his own decisions and kept going to VAR to make his decisions for him and he still got it wrong. 

Pathetic behaviour from the players, should be an instant booking if you ask the officials to go to VAR and it proves that you're actually play acting. As bad as diving but on top of deceiving the officials you're also wasting time of paying fans and people watching worldwide.

In summary, technology is good, people suck and need to do better.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

That was utterly ridiculous. VAR isn't the problem here, the technology can only be a benefit to the sport but this referee was weak, couldn't stand up to the players to make his own decisions and kept going to VAR to make his decisions for him and he still got it wrong. 

Pathetic behaviour from the players, should be an instant booking if you ask the officials to go to VAR and it proves that you're actually play acting. As bad as diving but on top of deceiving the officials you're also wasting time of paying fans and people watching worldwide.

In summary, technology is good, people suck and need to do better.

100% this. VAR works best with competent individuals.

Falls flat on its arse with referees like today.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Boo hoo! You just imagine the feeling of being a minnow and that everytime the opposition has the ball it's a potential goal.

Spain are minnows at rugby mate and ot doesn’t really even make me scratch my arse on what I care everytime they lose which is nearly always. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Kowabunga said:

What do you think of Silva anyways, mate? 

Very redundant, imho.

Most of the players of the ilk of David Silva need the mechanism of the team working to perfection. When that occurs you have not just great football, but magic.

The problem with Spain is its reticence to use a plan ‘b’. Not even contemplate it! 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Spain are minnows at rugby mate and ot doesn’t really even make me scratch my arse on what I care everytime they lose which is nearly always. :ph34r:

You can't deflect with a sport you don't care about!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived