• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco

football forum

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Queresma should have won Balon d'Or awards. His natural talent is off the scale, one of the most underrated footballers to ever play the game.

He's unlucky to play at the same time as more influential players like Messi or Ronaldo, but I agree. Talent wise, he's off the charts.

Just now, Blue said:

It was just a thought, but whenever Portugal sat back in this tournament they have looked really shaky defensively. Hence why I'm intrigued in how they will react to this.

I mean, I think now that Iran are extra desperate we'll see if they give it a go like they did against Spain and looked fairly decent going forward. So we'll see what they're made of. But it's a bad time to concede (every time is a bad time to concede really, but you know how the cliché goes...). It's right before half time so it can be a bit demoralising for the players. Especially when they've looked completely outclassed for much oft eh match.

They've got it all to do now, and this sets up Portugal for some dangerous counterattacking with Iran possibly overextending themselves. We'll see what this Iran side is made out of now. I think on paper it's much weaker than the best ever Iran World Cup side (the 1998 side); in 1998 they had Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Karim Bagheri, and... I forget his first name, but Azizi. I think these players are miles better than the best the current Iran world cup side has to offer though, so while Iran's only got one win... I'm not confident they'll overcome any deficit against a much better side.

They've got 45 minutes to prove me wrong.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Queresma should have won Balon d'Or awards. His natural talent is off the scale, one of the most underrated footballers to ever play the game.

He's got more natural talent than Ronaldo, no doubt.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, I think now that Iran are extra desperate we'll see if they give it a go like they did against Spain and looked fairly decent going forward. So we'll see what they're made of. But it's a bad time to concede (every time is a bad time to concede really, but you know how the cliché goes...). It's right before half time so it can be a bit demoralising for the players. Especially when they've looked completely outclassed for much oft eh match.

They've got it all to do now, and this sets up Portugal for some dangerous counterattacking with Iran possibly overextending themselves. We'll see what this Iran side is made out of now. I think on paper it's much weaker than the best ever Iran World Cup side (the 1998 side); in 1998 they had Ali Daei, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Karim Bagheri, and... I forget his first name, but Azizi. I think these players are miles better than the best the current Iran world cup side has to offer though, so while Iran's only got one win... I'm not confident they'll overcome any deficit against a much better side.

They've got 45 minutes to prove me wrong.

Yeah I agree. In my thoughts I said that maybe if they conceded in the first minute it could have helped them but right before half time makes it a problem.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Beautiful goal by Quaresma. The talent has always been there, he just hasn't shown it enough over his career.

It has taken a goal like that as Iran have been very organised defensively, as always.

yep. Having said that, I don't like teams that stick with their defensive/ultra defensive mindset when they need to win to qualify.

I know it'll leave them exposed at the back but how you gonna win games if majority of your game is camped in your own half. Counter-attacks don't always work especially when players get so over-excited at the thought of scoring with their only chance.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

I don't see why it's a waste. Wolves are a Premier League side and one that looks promising.

He could have easily gone to a top club. At least, to a club playing in the CL. Not to a team that just got promoted from the Championship.

We needed that goal. We've been playing at a slow pace, in the last 20 minutes, so the only way we were scoring was from outside the box. 

Classic Harry Potter. To think that Queiroz left him at home, for the WC in 2010. :dam:

Portugal are going to win the World Cup.  I'm convinced of it. Ronaldo may not be as talented anymore but you can't deny his goal scoring influence.

It would be incredible too, 5 years ago it was a really controversial view but if he does win it along with his 6th ballon d'or, he will be more remembered than Messi.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Portugal are going to win the World Cup.  I'm convinced of it. Ronaldo may not be as talented anymore but you can't deny his goal scoring influence.

It would be incredible too, 5 years ago it was a really controversial view but if he does win it along with his 6th ballon d'or, he will be more remembered than Messi.

I think Ronaldo is still as talented, but has just shifted his focus. While he's speed has decreased some, his movement and passing have improved. I think he's the perfect example of someone who is changing their game as they change as a player.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

you've just open  ---------------------

Image result for can of worms

Just now, bozziovai said:

you've just open  ---------------------

Image result for can of worms

I'm being serious. often the player with the most influence on a cup win is most remembered and you can't say that won't be true for cristiano should he win the World Cup.

Messi to me always has been the better footballer, but if Ronaldo does the following, he will be more remembered.

• The title was changed to Group B Matchday 3 - 25 June - Iran 1-1 Portugal, Spain 2-2 Morocco
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived