talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 3 - 26 June - Australia 0-2 Peru, France 0-0 Denmark

football forum

25 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I saw it like when France was camped out in Denmark's territory at the end of the match, a lot of passing, a couple of balls into the box, but not really putting the guys forward to provide a real threat. 

That's exactly what France should be doing against Denmark.  You ain't gonna get any plus points from me for France managing to visit Denmark's area once in a blue moon.  France were dismal but if what you're searching for is validation that the game was played out for a draw from me, I ain't letting France off that easily because there were games before this one.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's exactly what France should be doing against Denmark.  You ain't gonna get any plus points from me for France managing to visit Denmark's area once in a blue moon.  France were dismal but if what you're searching for is validation that the game was played out for a draw from me, I ain't letting France off that easily because there were games before this one.

Yeah - it's interesting thus far, but the first was rough to watch, as France were dominate, yet eeked out the 3 points thanks to technology. I thought they were much better against Peru with Giroud was starting, but still were by no means dominant, and then today sat half of the starters playing for the draw. 

Obviously Deschamps isn't worried about this teams cohesiveness in the next round. 

30 minutes ago, Blue said:

I really don't get this mentality that France would rather play Argentina than Croatia. Totally European centric. Sure Argentina have been wank, but if they decide to click on the night Argentina will win. Croatia are way overrated by some people. Give me them over Argentina any day of the week.

It's not euro centric at all. Going on recent performances id be surprised if Argentina can beat Nigeria.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not euro centric at all. Going on recent performances id be surprised if Argentina can beat Nigeria.

I would too, but I much rather face an on form Croatia than an on form Argentina. It's just my opinion and surely I can't be the only one.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I would too, but I much rather face an on form Croatia than an on form Argentina. It's just my opinion and surely I can't be the only one.

I don't anyone would argue that, but Croatia is currently on form with no sign of slowing down. 

Argentina are the exact opposite. 

This is too much for me, I could cry. To play so well and still lose is gut wrenching, it is worse than playing like shit and losing. To keep the ball and move it around the way the boys do is a dream, I bet no one expected an ounce of that ability and talent from Oz. If we had a forward, any decent forward, we’d smash through this group into the second round. It doesn’t matter how pretty the team is if the goals aren’t there. Playing Peru, France, and Denmark off the park means nothing if we can’t get the result to prove it. Nobody will remember Australia keeping the ball like Spain because we are perennial losers, I wouldn’t mind so much if we could just find a goal, but no matter what it just doesn’t hit the twine. 
FOR FUCKS A WONDERGOAL FROM PERU. If Oz had that technique it wouldn’t be a problem, but our talent lies on wanking the ball for 90mins and not getting to the money shot. Australia is like a 10inch limp cock, impressive but doesn’t get the job done. Peru made no clear chances and scored twice, and Oz probably made a dozen and didn’t even threaten the target.

Congrats to Peru, they’ve proven how a great target man brings an average team to a new level. For the football theologist that was a prime example of Menotti vs. Bilardo footballing ethos. Two identities clashing, Australian culture can be very easily sumised as ‘’have a fucking go, ya cunt’ which is why across the board Australian sports are very attacking based, for better or worse.Which when it goes well yields in victories of Ashes but when wrong it results in the Bledisloe. We are probably better losers than winners, if we do win; we are insufferable like Xavi ‘we win the right way’ and when we lose ‘we went down fighting’ that’s because we love being an underdog and become intoxicated with victory.

Even ignoring form, Argentina have no Rakitic or Modric. No CB pairing they’ve put out seems better than Corluka or Vida-Lovren. I’d rather face Di Maria or fucking Meza than Perisic. Vrsjalko is a better RB than Salvio being asked to do whatever the fuck he’s doing.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

There was actually an Aussie stood outside KFC before with a flag around his neck looking fucked out of his head xD. You never really see Aussies around here either so it was a sight.

There is nothing unusual about any of that

• The topic was unpinned

France / Denmark looked very difficult to watch. Glad I was at work for that. It's amazing with all that attacking talent that Deschamps has made them play so boring.

The Peru game looked like a great game and it's nice to see Peru go home with something. Their fans passion has really added to the tournament, and as a team they've been enjoyable to watch.

Archived