• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 3 - 26 June - Australia 0-2 Peru, France 0-0 Denmark

football forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely France would rather face any of Argentina, Nigeria or Iceland over Croatia. Surprised at the lineup.

It's odd that Pogba, Mbappe, and Matuidi aren't starting, but I assume the idea is that Denmark isn't going to push it as a gets them through, but if they open up and concede, they risk being eliminated. 

• Administrator

This ref has denied Denmark 2 corners already. Expecting the officials to give the French a dodgy penalty later on to deny Denmark their chance of qualification...

• Administrator

Guerrero did brilliantly - held up the play, waited for help to arrive in the box, crossed it and Carrillo's timed that volley perfectly. Gave the keeper no chance.

Just now, Machado said:

That's him gone then.

He scored a volley vs Saudis a while back too. Weird how he's so good at volleys but so bad at finishing haha.

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Shockingly he is getting a lot of flack here for his commercials where he is supporting Mexico. He's made a lot of enemies by supporting them. 

He’s very popular here in San Diego because of his efforts to get the city a MLS team. SD is a city pretty intertwined culturally with Mexico, with it being on the border (and actually in Mexico in the 1800s); I think most of rhe city’s football fans, even the US fans have a soft spot for Mexico if they’re not Mexican or Mexican-Americans already.

Perhaps SD has rubbed off on him a bit haha.

Nice goal to pull Peru ahead.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s very popular here in San Diego because of his efforts to get the city a MLS team. SD is a city pretty intertwined culturally with Mexico, with it being on the border (and actually in Mexico in the 1800s); I think most of rhe city’s football fans, even the US fans have a soft spot for Mexico if they’re not Mexican or Mexican-Americans already.

Perhaps SD has rubbed off on him a bit haha.

Nice goal to pull Peru ahead.

Yeah - same here in Atlanta with there being a large number of Mexicans. But on social media is got killed for supporting 'our rivals'. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's what I like about Rogic. For a big lad he's got fairly quick feet and can be quite nimble.

Played futsal for Australia even before he got a chance at about 19 as a pro footballer. Best feet on the pitch. 

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 3 - 26 June - Australia 0-2 Peru, France 0-0 Denmark
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived