The better place to talk football.

Group C Matchday 3 - 26 June - Australia 0-2 Peru, France 0-0 Denmark

football forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Machado said:

France - Denmark looks fixed.

Two teams with the same objective, and both can be achieved together with minimal effort. This was the exact game I was afraid of. 

First 0-0 Draw in this edition of the WC. 

Boring as shit, kudos to both defenses for staying awake. 

France win the group with a 1-0 win, 1-0, 0-0 draw. Not exactly thrilling but the results work nonetheless. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Panna King said:

What was the bet? 

Rogic to have a shot on target, Guerrero to have 2 or more shots on target, 20 bookings points (at least 2 yellows), a corner for each team in each half. 

18 minutes ago, Toinho said:

They've been terrible since minute one. Granted, one quality strike (offside in build up) and a slightly fortunate second. Defensively they've been rubbish. But yes agreed, we have no strikers 😂

Defensively rubbish? Not sure I can agree with that (and no, I'm not misunderstanding you :P). They've not been tested but they've dealt with anything put their way which is all you can ask for.

Just now, Marc said:

France v Denmarks is awful. Pros have a duty to try win the game. If it isn't competitive it's not even sport.

It wouldn't shock me if you saw something similar for England -v- Belgium. 

Two teams already qualified, finishing 1st compared to 2nd in the group isn't a massive deal as the teams from Group H are not on either of their level. 

So why play your starters and instead rest and avoid a devastating injury? 

• The title was changed to Group C Matchday 3 - 26 June - Australia 0-2 Peru, France 0-0 Denmark
  • Subscriber

Congrats @Blue as a person who has never had the joy of seeing their country in a WC getting a win even if you're on the way out is probably one the best feelings because you know that you'll can win things and have now proven it too. 

21 minutes ago, Toinho said:

They've been terrible since minute one. Granted, one quality strike (offside in build up) and a slightly fortunate second. Defensively they've been rubbish. But yes agreed, we have no strikers 😂

Disagree completely. Defensively we were superb and we were only poor in the first half. In the second half we were well on top and were clear deserved winners of the match.

Just now, Blue said:

Disagree completely. Defensively we were superb and we were only poor in the first half. In the second half we were well on top and were clear deserved winners of the match.

Yeah mate. Masturbate yourself to sleep. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Denmark really went for the game and played pretty well (permitted by how terrible France were. France look like Belgium in recent tournaments... A bunch of individuals.

I want them to get knocked out asap. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Denmark really went for the game and played pretty well (permitted by how terrible France were).  France look like Belgium in recent tournaments... A bunch of individuals.

Surely this is a joke? 

No team gave a shit about going forward. Only chances Denmark really had were thanks to France's shoddy keeper. 

First half was bad, second half we had the game well under control. Carrillo is the popular pick for player of the game and for a good reason. He was excellent, but Santamaria, Advincula and Cueva deserve merits as they were all excellent. Guerrero too, who had the ball twice in dangerous situations and it resulted in 2 goals.

We're going out and I don't like to think of what ifs, but I really would have liked to know what would have happened if we didn't miss that penalty in the first game. We went out with honour.

Some of our players underperformed like Flores and Trauco. Tapia was poor but he was injured most of the tournament so he gets off. But we had a good chunk playing well and we got a bit unlucky in the tournament.

Hopefully all a step in the right direction.

Just now, Eco said:

Surely this is a joke? 

No team gave a shit about going forward. Only chances Denmark really had were thanks to France's shoddy keeper. 

There were moments where Denmark were camped in France’s half especially around the 60th minute. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There were moments where Denmark were camped in France’s half especially around the 60th minute. 

Yeah - I saw it like when France was camped out in Denmark's territory at the end of the match, a lot of passing, a couple of balls into the box, but not really putting the guys forward to provide a real threat. 

I really don't get this mentality that France would rather play Argentina than Croatia. Totally European centric. Sure Argentina have been wank, but if they decide to click on the night Argentina will win. Croatia are way overrated by some people. Give me them over Argentina any day of the week.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I really don't get this mentality that France would rather play Argentina than Croatia. Totally European centric. Sure Argentina have been wank, but if they decide to click on the night Argentina will win. Croatia are way overrated by some people. Give me them over Argentina any day of the week.

When was the last time Argentina 'clicked' though? They almost didn't even qualify for the World Cup because of how poor they have been, whereas Croatia has one of the best midfields in the world, and quality up front and in the back. Besides, if I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on Nigeria to get points today which would mean no Argentina for France. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did Cahill get on?

yeah had one chance well blocked by a Peru defender but other than that, nothing from him.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

When was the last time Argentina 'clicked' though? They almost didn't even qualify for the World Cup because of how poor they have been, whereas Croatia has one of the best midfields in the world, and quality up front and in the back. Besides, if I was a betting man, I'd probably put money on Nigeria to get points today which would mean no Argentina for France. 

Your argument on Croatia having one of the best midfields in the worlds doesn't work because I could just counter that with Argentina having the best player and one of the best attacking lines in the world. Argentina are a mess and I'm not even sure they'll beat Nigeria today, but I'd still much rather play Croatia over them.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah had one chance well blocked by a Peru defender but other than that, nothing from him.

Aussies blaming the poor second half on him now. Love the Australian football banter xD

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Your argument on Croatia having one of the best midfields in the worlds doesn't work because I could just counter that with Argentina having the best player and one of the best attacking lines in the world. Argentina are a mess and I'm not even sure they'll beat Nigeria today, but I'd still much rather play Croatia over them.

But it's the France theory isn't it? France are arguably the most talented team this year, but unless they play like an actual team, they won't win anything. 

Argentina haven't look like a 'team', whereas Croatia are kicking ass because they seem like they actually like one another and want to succeed together. That's the biggest difference I've seen. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived