talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 3 - 26 June - Iceland 1-2 Croatia, Nigeria 1-2 Argentina

football forum

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Argentina defended well up until that cock up by Mascherano. They played so scared after that and were fortunate the ref didn't call that hand ball. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

What were you watching, hermano? Here is a little clarity for you because you're fired up right now. 

y.

• Higuian and Aguero were useless.

Did he even touch the ball? xD Aguero should still be starting over Higuain for me personally 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

France have nothing to sing and dance about. The margins of who’s done better or worse in this World Cup till now are negligent. If people are complaining on this forum about a victory, then they can go back and analyse other extreme on the edge wins. 

Just saying i think Argentina will be more tested by France, Nigeria have a poor front line. 

In the Group stages Argentina played their best XI (Higuain/Aguero at 9, Messi at 10, Pavon/Salvio & AdM on the wings, Masch+Banega midfield) for a total of 11mins. Considering Argentina's strategy in knockouts usually is to be rich man's Uruguay, it's gonna stay at 11 I think.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just realised that I will likely miss Argentina vs France as I'm fishing from 11am Saturday until 11 on Sunday. But I will see if I can get it on the phone.

Messi and Banega were brilliant in the first half and Argentina were the dominant side due to those 2(and they could have done more if Di Maria didn't fuck so much up), but after that pen decision(which Masch should be blamed for even if I did think it was soft, as grabbing players like that is risky) the rhythm of the game completely changed.

Yeah mate, Mess played better than the last 2 matches and his goal was crucial and Banega's pass was masterclass, Riquelme/Xavi-esque.

Only 1 goal less draw, spectacular goals, last minute drama, VAR, political celebrations, emotinal outbursts. This World Cup has been epic & then some so far. Hope the KO stage doesn’t disappoint.

Good Night everybody its 1:16 AM here.

There was a lot of moments where Nigeria could use their pace to make decent breaks into the massive spaces around Argentina's defence only to fuck up their decisions. With more composed and technically refined players (like Griezmann, Lemar, Dembele, or Mbappe) those moderately threatening situations today become very dangerous chances. 

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Here is a list of the amateur mistakes I had to suffer through. 

• Calling Di Maria 'Otamendi'.
  • Calling Banega 'Messi'
  • Claiming the Mascherano was the best player today.
  • Being suprised that Di Maria was being subbed off, because he was 'playing well'.
  • Saying Perez and Pavon were 'like for like wingers'.
  • Naming this Argentina team 'miles above what they were'
  • Claiming that Argentina 'defended well in the midfield'.

I had to sit through Chris calling Rojo ‘Aguero’. Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Just saying i think Argentina will be more tested by France, Nigeria have a poor front line. 

Probably... I get what you’re saying with that but as has been seen in this World Cup, nothing can be taken for granted.

France have been crap but not as crap as Argentina. So we have to analyse the amount of crapness that will more than likely come through. The same can be said in every other tie. 

How was that penalty awarded. I would not mind if they awarded that penalty in real time but giving that with VAR on your side is ridiculous... 

Its going to be snakes and ladder for Argentina (it already was right from the qualifiers) except with the ladders being replaced by snakes again... 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

What were you watching, hermano? Here is a little clarity for you because you're fired up right now. 

• Your defence was horrible. You are kind of lucky that Nigeria has no clinical strikers because they carved up your fullbacks horribly. The amount of breaks they got from poor positioning is concerning. A long ball would carve the boys up and then the pace of Nigerian wingers would explode leaving Argentina scrambling. 
  • You were lucky not have two penalties given, even if they were both soft they could have gone either way.
  • Mascherano was obliterated in every way possible.
  • Di Maria ruined everything he touched.
  • Banega and Pavon were your stars today. Messi was okay.
  • Higuian and Aguero were useless.

We defended well until the penalty, despite their extremely pacey players we were able to handle it quite well.

Not at all, in no other match was a penalty sanctioned for a play like that. And Rojo headed the ball before it touched his arm so it wasn't a pen neither. We were extremely unlucky to have a pen against for a play like that.

Mascherano defended well but he fucked up several times with his passes.

Di Maria is a fucking cunt, has one good match every 15 or 20.

Don't forget Rojo.

I'd agree although Higuain sacrificed himself quite a lot.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

We defended well until the penalty, despite their extremely pacey players we were able to handle it quite well.

Not at all, in no other match was a penalty sanctioned for a play like that. And Rojo headed the ball before it touched his arm so it wasn't a pen neither. We were extremely unlucky to have a pen against for a play like that.

Mascherano defended well but he fucked up several times with his passes.

Di Maria is a fucking cunt, has one good match every 15 or 20.

Don't forget Rojo.

I'd agree although Higuain sacrificed himself quite a lot.

I don't think Argentina defended well for a moment of that match.

FIFA is cracking down on shirt pulling. Expect more of it in the future, not saying I agree with it but the rules are what they are.

He got fleeced by Nigerians several times, he got turned by Musa flatfooting him. 

Higuian unfortunately, shouldn't be on the team to 'sacrifice'. Other players can do that and better.

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Your defending is horrid. Your lineup is a joke and I'd trust half the users on here to pick a better starting XI for your teams. Messi once again has a great moment early, and this ghosts away into oblivion. 

I pray you play Di Mario, Mascherano, and Perez against France. Mbappe will make a pure bitch out of Mascherano and the rest of the rag/tag band of wannabes Argentina have in defense. 

It was good today until the pen. I agree with the line-up stuff, although it was much better than the last 2 matches.

I'm actually not scared of France, was more scared today. Just hope we have a fun, fair and square match @Batard may the better side win!

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

It was good today until the pen. I agree with the line-up stuff, although it was much better than the last 2 matches.

I'm actually not scared of France, was more scared today. Just hope we have a fun, fair and square match @Batard may the better side win!

Well, since I'm all France with this W.C., I'd rather play Argentina than Croatia. If Samp plays Di Maria and Mascherano, France will have the ability to obliterate you. Mbappe, Giroud, and Grez will blow Javier's self-esteem to the middle of the Pacific Ocean. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived