talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D Matchday 3 - 26 June - Iceland 1-2 Croatia, Nigeria 1-2 Argentina

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

This Turkish ref was good in Iran Morocco game a game which had s lot of grassrolling and play acting.

Di Maria's pissing me off as per usual.

It's like he has to exaggerate every tackle by screaming in agony and rolling about. I know loads of players do it but he has to be one of the worst.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apart from Mascherano, Argentina's defence looks quite solid.

The whole team has a better shape and organisation to it.

Nigeria can't get any kind of flow or rhythm going and struggling to create any opportunities.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Maradona is still the best of all time for me. Most complete.

Can't say I followed him in context but I've seen him in the old world cup matches they occasionally show on TV here. He was a master.

Debate for another time. A lot of older people i know say people are just remembering the best of maradonna and that Ron and Messi are better but it's always going to be debatable 

Just now, Stan said:

Apart from Mascherano, Argentina's defence looks quite solid.

The whole team has a better shape and organisation to it.

Nigeria can't get any kind of flow or rhythm going and struggling to create any opportunities.

The Franco Armani effect

I'm probably going to speak too soon but this is what I was talking about with Argentina clicking. You don't want to come up against them. It was possible.

Of course, they need to maintain this for the full 90 minutes if they are to prove my point.

• Administrator

Nigeria need to utilise Musa's pace against Otamendi. They did it once and it worked as it got them possession in the best area on the pitch for them but they've not done it since. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm probably going to speak too soon but this is what I was talking about with Argentina clicking. You don't want to come up against them. It was possible.

Of course, they need to maintain this for the full 90 minutes if they are to prove my point.

I think they have a good side if they click

• Administrator

well worked by Argentina, that. Di Maria of course fouled but has to stay down and no doubt feign injury, be back up and running a few minutes obviously.

Never a red. There were 2 defenders there and it wouldn't have been a clear goalscoring opportunity as the other centre back was there.

• The title was changed to Group D Matchday 3 - 26 June - Iceland 1-2 Croatia, Nigeria 1-2 Argentina
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived