talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group E Matchday 3 - 27 June - Serbia 0-2 Brazil, Switzerland 2-2 Costa Rica

football forum

Just now, Eco said:

Very different player though, no? Luis isn't on the same level as Marcelo in terms of going forward. 

I'd say he is more balanced. Good at going forward and defending, whereas Marcelo excels in one area. Going forwrard yet suspect at defending. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brazil have been very average here, but its fair to say they've still got the game under control. Not letting Serbia do a whole lot.

• Administrator

Brilliant from Paulinho. Deftest of touches to get ahead of the Serbian keeper and it bounces in to the net. Lovely assist from Coutinho.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Coutinho is up there for player of the tournament so far, he's been superb.

Just needs to stop whispering to the referees at every break in play when it’s a decision against Brazil, be it foul or throw in/corner. He’s done it in every game so far.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It has to be said, but Fagner has been really good.

Agree. Filipe Luís doing well too. 

Gabriel Jesus must come out. He is shocking, can´t control a ball. Firmino would make much better use of the spaces left by a shaky serbian defence.

Really good first half of football by both sides.

The Brazil goal is one of my favourites of the tournament so far. It’s such an intelligent goal which tricks the defence being dragged to one side which then leaves Paulinho a pathway through to goal. Intelligent and a thing of tactical beauty with a perfectly weighted pass and a killer finish. 

• Administrator

yeah apart from the first 25 minutes against the Swiss, this is the most competent Brazil have been. Sustained it for the whole half too and barely let Serbia have a sniff.

• Subscriber

The Swiss have taken control after a poor start, honestly thought Costa Rica was going to score first, luckily that's not the case and Switzerland looks comfortable after taking the lead. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Really good first half of football by both sides.

The Brazil goal is one of my favourites of the tournament so far. It’s such an intelligent goal which tricks the defence being dragged to one side which then leaves Paulinho a pathway through to goal. Intelligent and a thing of tactical beauty with a perfectly weighted pass and a killer finish. 

Much better match from Paulinho. Not only because of the goal, but also due to an adjustment in his positioning, he's further back and the midfield looks way more solid. This is more like the team of the qualifiers. 

Alisson really isn't very good. I've not been impressed once when I've seen him. Overrated keeper and dare I say it, a bit limited.

• Administrator

Brazil need to be careful here and not let the same thing that happened against Switzerland happen again today.

Serbia getting right back in to this game. Trying to get the ball to Mitrovic more often and seeing much more of the ball.

Regarding the group, I don't want Brazil playing Mexico which is how it would play out if results stay the same so would prefer Switzerland to get another 2 goal as they then would be top on goals scored I think?

• The title was changed to Group E Matchday 3 - 27 June - Serbia 0-2 Brazil, Switzerland 2-2 Costa Rica
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived