talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 3 - 27 June - South Korea 2-0 Germany, Mexico 0-3 Sweden

football forum

Shocked as much as everyone. When Spain went out 4 years ago, they went out to the Netherlands and Chile. Germany went out to Mexico, Sweden and South Korea. This is truly a shocking moment.

I love the World Cup.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fucking LOVE the passion from the Korean players. Nothing but pride to play for and my god did they do that with pride. Amazing fans and players and the connection they have is beautiful.

Just now, El Profesor said:

One could argue that Sweden´s eliminated Holland, Italy and now Germany. And it´s not the first team to perform better after Zlatan left it.

Beat France in the qualifiers too.

Just now, Cannabis said:

What did we say from the start though mate? Shades of Spain 2014, del Bosque picking Casillas and his mates over De Gea. Replace Bosque for Low and Neuer for Ter Stegen and well, there you have it.

Neuer was the very least of their concerns mate. Not sure if he rightly started over Ter Stegen but he was one of he better German players in my opinion.

The big mistake was not starting Goretzka, Brandt and not bringing Sane.

Brazil confirm their status as the most world cup holder for another 4 years at least, without Italy or Germany able to win it.

Just now, BartraPique1932 said:

They parked the bus for 270 minutes. They deserved fuck all.

That's not what I saw to be honest. They were bad in the final third but they tried to win the game. They had nothing to play for and still went for it.

Just now, Panna King said:

Who would of thought that Peru and Germany would both be knocked out the world cup on the same points :ph34r:

I hope we stop receiving shit comments that we were knocked out in the groups, when we had a better World Cup than Germany statistically and performance wise xD

Happy Mexico still made it through. Germany going out with all that talent in their squad and all that talent they left out shows that they've simply  become complacent and didn't think they needed to change anything. Weren't convincing before the World Cup and weren't convincing in any of the games at the World Cup. They need new ideas.

Germany miss half a dozen clear chances at goal & think they were just wasteful. Au contraire. They were awful in the final third for the whole game. and no real tempo in midfield, except for the eight minutes Goretzka and Kroos were together.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What did we say from the start though mate? Shades of Spain 2014, del Bosque picking Casillas and his mates over De Gea. Replace Bosque for Low and Neuer for Ter Stegen and well, there you have it.

Said the same thing in the What's Wrong With Germany thread mate.  Neuer didn't look as secure and incredible as in the past but he wasn't the main reason Germany find themselves in this situation. All the same, as a coach you HAVE to play your best players and Ter Stegen was the best German keeper for selection which leads us to ask the question how it's also panned out in other areas of the pitch during the tournament. 

• The title was changed to Group F Matchday 3 - 27 June - South Korea 2-0 Germany, Mexico 0-3 Sweden
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived