talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 3 - 27 June - South Korea 2-0 Germany, Mexico 0-3 Sweden

football forum

Moving on to a different player, one deserving of more criticism, Thomas Müller. Never really does anything great but in the past would consistently be in the right position to score but has been useless for 2 tournaments straight. Offers absolutely nothing to the team. What is his purpose?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I haven’t spoken badly about Özil during this World Cup. Infact Panna brought it up in their defeat against Mexico and I said that even though he didn’t play well, he was nowhere near the worst.

The reason I posted those stats was literally because Italian tv channel showing the tournament (I’m in Italy at the moment) Mediaset, have focussed on his performance saying that in past tournaments he was one of the players revolutionising the side and that in this one he was awful. They didn’t say he was the worst but that HE has the responsibility of producing something special as he’s that type of player.

Then they placed the stats.

By the way... I made a mistake on the first two... It’s shots and shots on target which are two different things. 

I think the german attack lacked bite. The dribble is the most important tool to break compact defences and Germany didn´t have it today. In that sense, Ozil was a victim of an uninventive attack. He was trying to force the pass because his vision and last pass were the only thing that could bring some danger, other than Kimmich´s crosses.

I wish I hadn’t mentioned Özil now at all. xD

He was by no means the worst German player but he wasn’t what he was for Germany that’s for sure.

German fans will only focus on both Özil and Gundogan for political issues revolving the German World Cup camp and that’ll probably transcend into blaming him more than any other when there were sub-par performances allround. 

The worst German player was Kimmich in my opinion. Vastly disappointing. Don't get why Kroos and Neuer get so much blame. The latter in particular, its not his fault he started and not his fault he did his best.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Moving on to a different player, one deserving of more criticism, Thomas Müller. Never really does anything great but in the past would consistently be in the right position to score but has been useless for 2 tournaments straight. Offers absolutely nothing to the team. What is his purpose?

I agree... I’ve been criticising Müller for a number of years now. I have never ever understood the big deal with him. It seems he gets a bye for some reason I don’t want to go into. It’s better if the German members go into that if they feel it necessary.

But he has been taking the place of superior players in the squad and one that wasn’t even called up.

His time started and ended at the highest of levels in South Africa 2010 for me. 

• Subscriber

Ozil has his faults but it's pretty hilarious that people think he's rubbish because he has 'bad body language' or whatever. I can't remember many occasions watching Arsenal where he hasn't done at least 2-3 things creatively that nobody else at Arsenal is anywhere near capable of.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

The worst German player was Kimmich in my opinion. Vastly disappointing. Don't get why Kroos and Neuer get so much blame. The latter in particular, its not his fault he started and not his fault he did his best.

Neuer doesn’t get the blame... Neuer should’ve been replaced by a keeper that this season has been in the top 3 in the world and for some, the best. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I think the german attack lacked bite. The dribble is the most important tool to break compact defences and Germany didn´t have it today. In that sense, Ozil was a victim of an uninventive attack. He was trying to force the pass because his vision and last pass were the only thing that could bring some danger, other than Kimmich´s crosses.

Kimmich for me along with Müller were deadweights in that side. They were absolutely dismal in every aspect. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Neuer doesn’t get the blame... Neuer should’ve been replaced by a keeper that this season has been in the top 3 in the world and for some, the best. 

But he had a good tournament. Not at his best of course, definitely not at the heights of 2014, but he was far from the worst player. All it apitimises is that Low chose profile and history over quality.

Just now, Blue said:

But he had a good tournament. Not at his best of course, definitely not at the heights of 2014, but he was far from the worst player. All it apitimises is that Low chose profile and history over quality.

I don’t know if it was a tournament to the standards you could justify not having played Ter Stegen though. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I don’t know if it was a tournament to the standards you could justify not having played Ter Stegen though. 

I don't think it would've made a blind bit of difference. Neuer was the absolute least of their problems, I'd go to say he was one of their best players which isn't exactly hard though. xD

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Kimmich for me along with Müller were deadweights in that side. They were absolutely dismal in every aspect. 

I agree. 

What really surprised me is that Germany couldn´t even create chances. They didn´t defend and didn´t attack. They were totally lost and Neuer playing the midfield in the final minutes kinda symbolizes it.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Germany need a serious review of their football from grassroots level upwards 

They were suppose to have the best system in place, they done all this review after 2000.  

The German squad is not even that old, only 3 players over 30.    The management will just be changed, it seems Low just picks his favourites.

• The topic was unpinned
On 23/06/2018 at 21:53, SirBalon said:

I don't know what Löw's so happy about though. He should be going down that tunnel embarrassed with the talent at his disposal.

I said this after that late winner against Sweden. It looks like he didn’t take note of the situation his team had gone through in that game. I don’t know if he just thought it would all click into place by itself, but it sure looks that way now. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Löw out. Please. 

I mean hes almost certainly gone, no? I dont see any scenario in which he can come back in charge.

To be honest there where alot of shocking decisions Neuer is the least of which that mattered. They couldnt attack or defend, didnt matter if you had two keepers in net.

Archived