talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 3 - 28 June - England 0-1 Belgium, Panama 1-2 Tunisia

football forum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far too many ego's on the Belgium side to go the easy way route. The likes of Hazard, KDB, Lukaku, Mertens, etc will always be looking for the one and don't care who they should come up across. 

And why should they? Probably their best chance to win a WC 

17 hours ago, Dan said:

That's some change of tune xD

I did laugh to. 

I’m m 100% percent I’m the win every game keep the momentum going camp. A good result against Belgium would do this squad the world of good. The problem will be will they start to feel pressure as we advance 

I don't think we should play for second. Keep the momentum going. There is no guarantee they would best Sweden or Switzerland anyway.

9 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

1966: Real Madrid win the European Cup

Burnley qualify for Europe

Man City win their league

Chelsea finish 5th

England win WorldCup

2018: Real Madrid win the European Cup

Burnley qualify for Europe

Man City win their league

Chelsea finish 5th

If you know what i mean !

nice stats you got there pak-man  :P  :P  

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think we should play for second. Keep the momentum going. There is no guarantee they would best Sweden or Switzerland anyway.

I agree with this. When was the last time England actually won a knockout match? 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree with this. When was the last time England actually won a knockout match? 

2006. But if England top the group I think loosing to Japan would be worse than Iceland. Iceland finished above Portugal. Japan are there on yellow cards

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Both teams should be looking to win this seeing as the team in second would face Columbia in the next round.

Find it quite ironic that wanting to finish in a certain position at club level would be seen as 'small time' or 'a tinpot club'.

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Absolutely on edge for the Panama v Tunisia match. Absolute shame one of these teams will have be heading home, as I thought one of the two would definitely advance. I think Tunisia nips this one 2-1. 

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Not really fishing if it's constantly being said though is it?

Arsenal and the fourth place trophy, Wigan just surviving and Newcastle not interested in any cup runs to ensure premiership safety (fans words, not mine) are just a couple that spring straight to mind.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

how is Dier our captain xD 

And how's he just gonna let Tielemans run up and shoot like that? Close the fucker down.

He has been Captain before in friendlies and this one is also one well sort of.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

how is Dier our captain xD 

And how's he just gonna let Tielemans run up and shoot like that? Close the fucker down.

A while ago after an England friendly I remember saying "I don't think he's very good" somewhere online, probably reddit or here, but I think it was reddit. And a lot of people disagreed and rate him pretty highly. I have no idea why. He's probably better than my perception of him, but a lot of the same people that like him throw criticism at Henderson readily... despite Dier being a pretty accurate reflection of what they're complaining about.

Southgate likes him though and I like Southgate (which is weird because before this I never really thought he was that great as a manager...) so I must be missing something, just as some people are missing something with Henderson.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 3 - 28 June - England 0-1 Belgium, Panama 1-2 Tunisia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived