• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 3 - 28 June - England 0-1 Belgium, Panama 1-2 Tunisia

football forum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Don’t think you can compare when taking into account the difference in opposition and team mates.

In fairness he has to force his way into the team and he's not doing that, especially after that miss

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh Rashers. Can anyone confirm that TAA knows how to kick a ball off the floor?

the one ball he can put in well is with his weaker foot xD 

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

In fairness he has to force his way into the team and he's not doing that, especially after that miss

You’re asking him to make a statement in a weaker team against stronger opponents. It’s incompatible in my honest opinion. I’ll fully agree it was terrible miss though.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You’re asking him to make a statement in a weaker team against stronger opponents. It’s incompatible in my honest opinion. I’ll fully agree it was terrible miss though.

He's not a preferred starter so has to make a statement. May not be right to compare but it is what it is.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Set pieces are crucial for England, Allardyce lives on.

Southgate said set pieces are massive for England and pointed to Germany 4 years ago and Spain's defense of set pieces as being important.

For international football, where the quality of play isn't that great and most sides are tight and cagey... I think it makes sense to make set pieces something national sides focus on.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

He's not a preferred starter so has to make a statement. May not be right to compare but it is what it is.

Same as in club football. You only get the chances you get to prove you're worth a starting spot. It doesn't matter how you get them or the circumstances, if you want to be a starter you need to show you should be a starter.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Southgate said set pieces are massive for England and pointed to Germany 4 years ago and Spain's defense of set pieces as being important.

For international football, where the quality of play isn't that great and most sides are tight and cagey... I think it makes sense to make set pieces something national sides focus on.

and it's not like that's been our only way to get goals. Yeah we took advantage of them over Panama but also look at the way Lingard scored. Open play brilliant goal.

Allardyce usually only relies on route one/set pieces.

• The title was changed to Group G Matchday 3 - 28 June - England 0-1 Belgium, Panama 1-2 Tunisia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived