talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Apps

football forum

• Subscriber

A heads up: Motorsport Manager, easily the best racing management game for Android, is currently free for a limited time only: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.game.motorsportmanager&hl=en

Highly recommended, it's like Football Manager for petrolheads.

Other than that, please share your best apps.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nothing special from me. Been playing the Injustice app a decent amount as well as Football Manager.

Is Football Manager for Android any good? I still play FM15 on my laptop on occasion, but nowhere near enough to justify buying the latest one, but I'd consider getting the Android edition.

It's good but as you can imagine being a mobile app, it has been slimmed down (you won't get the 3D match engine, agents negotiations and squads are smaller so you may miss certain players are some of the main differences). 

I'd recommend looking online at screenshots and the like to get a better idea (I think the game is about £6 - £8 in the UK so unsure how much it costs where you are).

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

What apps or software do you all use for photos and video?

I've used Snapchat mostly as my main method of taking video of my kids for the last three years. Mainly for two reasons, 1. because I can then send the vids easily to the wife and grandparents. Also 2. the app has a story feature which I would load with all my snap videos through a day ending up with a dozen or so 10 second video snaps from the day to get a solid 2 minute clip of the little ones for example running around at the zoo etc. I could then download this story video as a single file that is like a 2 minute snapshot of the day. Perfect little capturer of memories that we can look back on when older. But the app is proving unreliable now, the compilation download feature seems to be shutting itself,  so I think I need to find something more stable but comparably easy to use to splice videos together in a similar way.

I'd welcome any perspective or suggestions. Thanks 😀

• Subscriber

Microsoft on this laptop or download.png.9edf0278285a01ff4719d94ea4937569.png but I hardly use that one and only remembered it when you bought this post up lol.

I also use Google Awesome Screenshot a lot for capturing photos and cropping them etc and that is quite handy, most of my videos I save in my Microsoft file in here.

1199563771_download(1).png.41ee045305dcb34ea8a1ea75957fff1c.png

Google Awesome Screenshot: Screen Video Recorder

Screencast, record screen as video. Screen capture for a full page, annotate, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads.

I had a photobucket account last year but they started to charge for it so I closed it down and went for post image which is free. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Just the in-built camera on the phone. Thankfully it's a really good one in all formats, not just the camera i.e. Panorama, Lens Blur etc...

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just the in-built camera on the phone. Thankfully it's a really good one in all formats, not just the camera i.e. Panorama, Lens Blur etc...

That too, then just move it into my Microsoft Photo/Video album and save. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Harry said:

I've used Snapchat mostly as my main method of taking video of my kids for the last three years. Mainly for two reasons, 1. because I can then send the vids easily to the wife and grandparents. Also 2. the app has a story feature which I would load with all my snap videos through a day ending up with a dozen or so 10 second video snaps from the day to get a solid 2 minute clip of the little ones for example running around at the zoo etc. I could then download this story video as a single file that is like a 2 minute snapshot of the day. Perfect little capturer of memories that we can look back on when older. But the app is proving unreliable now, the compilation download feature seems to be shutting itself,  so I think I need to find something more stable but comparably easy to use to splice videos together in a similar way.

I'd welcome any perspective or suggestions. Thanks 😀

I almost exclusively use my DSLRs for photography but Camera FV-5 was the only camera app I used on my phone and thought it was great but I think the app is not being updated anymore. "A Better Camera" is another one that I was impressed with.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

But what do you then do with all the photos? You just dump then all into windows explorer? Or do you use some software or system to manage them?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

But what do you then do with all the photos? You just dump then all into windows explorer? Or do you use some software or system to manage them?

Nah, used to have an app called QuickPic up to a few weeks ago. The makers of the app (Cheetah) then got in to some controversy and some fraudulent activity and app was removed from play store so then couldn't be updated. 

Now I have an app called Gallery which pretty much does the same job but better and more efficient. 

Every now and then I'll upload them on to my PC/external hard drive as backups just incase something happens to my phone. 

Archived