• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chris Mepham - Leicester Reportedly Bid for Defender

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Stan said:

£10m?!

What's so good about him that he warrants that fee?

He warrants more.

Wales international with less than a season under his belt, has taken to Championship football relatively easyily. If no one wants to pay it then we'll keep him.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Brentford appear to have broken their selling policy and are holding out for a reasonable fee @Danny.

Not broken our policy, everyone has a price. Mepham is just under a decent contract so we can afford to hold back.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

He warrants more.

Wales international with less than a season under his belt, has taken to Championship football relatively easyily. If no one wants to pay it then we'll keep him.

is he likely to create a worthwhile legacy?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

is he likely to create a worthwhile legacy?

He's 20 years old, I don't know about legacy but if the likes of Tarkowski, Maguire, Mawson etc we're getting England call ups then I wish he chose us over Wales. If he stays with us then our defence is much stronger for it, if he goes then we'll get a hefty fee and a selling on fee if a bigger club comes in after he moves. Think the Van Dijk transfer changed the game a bit.

58 minutes ago, Danny said:

He warrants more.

Shows where Football is in the Championship where a player with half a season's worth of games under his belt is worth in excess of £10m. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Shows where Football is in the Championship where a player with half a season's worth of games under his belt is worth in excess of £10m. 

It does, but also shows how smart our DoF's are regarding player worth.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

TV money isn’t the sole problem, club’s greed comes into it as well. 

Maybe so but a small club that remains within FFP, one of the lowest spenders in the Championship using the crazy market to our advantage is not part of the problem. It's a solution for clubs like ourselves.

26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maybe so but a small club that remains within FFP, one of the lowest spenders in the Championship using the crazy market to our advantage is not part of the problem. It's a solution for clubs like ourselves.

No, no, you are part of the problem. As is the team’s daft enough to spend this kind of money on a player with such little experience. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, no, you are part of the problem. As is the team’s daft enough to spend this kind of money on a player with such little experience. 

No we're a product of the problem, the problem is the amount of money. We just know how to value our players in the current market.

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

No we're a product of the problem, the problem is the amount of money. We just know how to value our players in the current market.

Im sure i read somewhere that Woods might be available for around 6m. Seems a bit on the low side.

16 minutes ago, Paulh_85 said:

Im sure i read somewhere that Woods might be available for around 6m. Seems a bit on the low side.

Currently contracted until 2020, unless we extend his contract he'll be on the move either this window or next. Considering how long he has left, £6m seems low but having a look at last seasons transfers, midfielders only really went for around £5m-£6m unless they moved to the Prem which meant around £10m.

If he goes to another team in this division then I'd anticipate around £6m-£8m with add ons, if it's to the Prem I'd anticipate £10m-£14m with add ons. Difficult with a midfielder like him because the transfer market is very fickle when it comes to goals and assists a player has and Woods is not one of those players.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Chris Mepham - Leicester Reportedly Bid for Defender
1 hour ago, Stan said:

one of our ITKs says we've put in a bid for him of about £15m.

I believe that's around our valuation but not sure if it's £15m or £20m, either way it'll be one of those plus add ons and a nice hefty sell on fee.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

I believe that's around our valuation but not sure if it's £15m or £20m, either way it'll be one of those plus add ons and a nice hefty sell on fee.

what would you say his best attributes are? I thought he was older than 20 as well so there's plenty of potential surely if that fee is being demanded.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

what would you say his best attributes are? I thought he was older than 20 as well so there's plenty of potential surely if that fee is being demanded.

I'll be honest I've not watched him in depth but at 20 years old with a handful of appearances at Championship level he is easily our best centre back. Composed on the ball, can pass it out the back, strong in the air and in the tackle. He'd be a very good signing whatever the price you pay.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived