talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

'That Did Not Age Well' - World Cup Edition

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Blue

I think Egypt will get past the groups. Its not all about Salah, he's their star but there is talent in the Egyptian league as well as its the best league in Africa and there is a lot of under the radar talent at Al-Ahly and Zamalek. Its all about beating Russia really, which I think is possible.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

We said someone was fucking shite. He scored 30 seconds later xD

found it xD 

On 23/06/2018 at 17:46, Stan said:

Son Heung-Min is such a selfish bastard xD  

On 23/06/2018 at 17:46, DeadLinesman said:

This. He’s been fucking shite as well.

• Administrator

and here's my other. Just as Brazil/Costa Rica entered stoppage time and they end up scoring 2.

On 22/06/2018 at 14:44, Stan said:

These Costa Ricans are fucking pansies. 

Wonder if Brazil will get the same shite as England got for drawing 0-0 against Costa Rica 4 years ago...

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Mel81x and me backing the Saudis that they aren't that bad before the opener :dam:

Well technically they did win a game which for them is some kind of accomplishment in itself against a country that was tipped to walk all over them too.

30 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@The Rebel CRS saying Peru would surprise at the World Cup.

To be honest, Peru have been unlucky to have not grabbed themselves a goal in this world cup, they didn't get hammered by their opponents and some of their passing moves at times have been nice on the eye if you ask me, although they seriously lack any form of firepower up front, a star forward/attacking player to do the damage in these positions, then they may have done better and gotten out of their group, which would have been a success on its own considering the difficulty of it. It definitely hasn't been a good World Cup on their behalf though after coming into the competition on a lengthy unbeaten run.

53 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Blue

I think Egypt will get past the groups. Its not all about Salah, he's their star but there is talent in the Egyptian league as well as its the best league in Africa and there is a lot of under the radar talent at Al-Ahly and Zamalek. Its all about beating Russia really, which I think is possible.

That would have been funny if you yourself didn't also think that xD

I also changed my mind after seeing them vs Uruguay. I think I was one of the few people on here to predict them to lose to Russia.

• The title was changed to 'That Did Not Age Well' - World Cup Edition
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be honest, Peru have been unlucky to have not grabbed themselves a goal in this world cup, they didn't get hammered by their opponents and some of their passing moves at times have been nice on the eye if you ask me, although they seriously lack any form of firepower up front, a star forward/attacking player to do the damage in these positions, then they may have done better and gotten out of their group, which would have been a success on its own considering the difficulty of it. It definitely hasn't been a good World Cup on their behalf though after coming into the competition on a lengthy unbeaten run.

Some people on here think I was being ridiculous when I said Peru would do well. We should have finished our chances against Denmark and it was our own fault we didn't, and conceded a very unlucky goal against France and then they sat back making things difficult as they are a superior team.

Its true a lot of our players underperformed (Trauco and Rodriguez the 2 big culprits) but some of the claims that we've been shit has been ridiculous. Its just so certain people can get the better of me and its quite sad to see.

When you go 15 matches unbeaten in the hardest qualification continent in the world, its natural to think you'd do well in the World Cup.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Some people on here think I was being ridiculous when I said Peru would do well. We should have finished our chances against Denmark and it was our own fault we didn't, and conceded a very unlucky goal against France and then they sat back making things difficult as they are a superior team.

Its true a lot of our players underperformed (Trauco and Rodriguez the 2 big culprits) but some of the claims that we've been shit has been ridiculous. Its just so certain people can get the better of me and its quite sad to see.

When you go 15 matches unbeaten in the hardest qualification continent in the world, its natural to think you'd do well in the World Cup.

You haven't won, and you haven't scored. Fucking Panama has more goals that you do, and they are in a much tougher group. 

Archived