talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

'That Did Not Age Well' - World Cup Edition

Just now, Eco said:

You haven't won, and you haven't scored. Fucking Panama has more goals that you do, and they are in a much tougher group. 

Point proven. Ridiculous to only look at the stats when we (and Morocco for that matter) were let down by experience and luck.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@SirBalon in Who Will win the WC thread

" I think this time its Argentina to..... "

Still can be true though very unlikely.

Can’t change my mind now. Not a soothsayer mate and at the time of me saying that I really felt it in my bones.

Looks like I need to go to an osteopath coz something rattling in there. :dam:

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What are the expectations for 2022?

Make the world cup again, but I'm not sure if we will to be honest. 2022 qualifying looks tougher than ever.

Brazil is a shoe in again

Argentina's future looks bright, despite not looking like that at one point

Uruguay and Venezuela have great young teams for the future

Paraguay and Peru are in the middle of a process

Chile will probably fight out another qualifier

Colombia will stagnate

Only Ecuador and Bolivia look shit for the next qualifying process.

We will fight it out, I have no doubt about it but right now I'm just looking forward to the Copa America which I think we can win now. Before we saw it as a way to build a team for the qualifiers, now that we finally reached the World Cup we will go out to win it again. Its no longer a stepping stone for the next qualifiers.

• Administrator

A NEW PLAYER HAS ENTERED THE GAME

Just now, bozziovai said:

portugal's defense is like this ----     Image result for breaking egg

while iran is like this ..............

Image result for steel gate

Just before Quaresma curls one in the back of the net xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

A NEW PLAYER HAS ENTERED THE GAME

Just before Quaresma curls one in the back of the net xD 

Just about to post this. Must be noted this was posted 3 seconds before the goal 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

You haven't won, and you haven't scored. Fucking Panama has more goals that you do, and they are in a much tougher group. 

And America couldn't make it past TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. So sit down and know your role.

• Administrator

quoted for reference just in case Portugal crash out before :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Portugal are going to win the World Cup.  I'm convinced of it. Ronaldo may not be as talented anymore but you can't deny his goal scoring influence.

It would be incredible too, 5 years ago it was a really controversial view but if he does win it along with his 6th ballon d'or, he will be more remembered than Messi.

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

xD

God I've been waiting for this to come. :congrats:

Aren't all those adverts about bandwagoning other countries just hilarious? It's as the advertisers they know the American pathos don't to the last T. Does life imitate good art? :clown:

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Aren't all those adverts about bandwagoning other countries just hilarious? It's as the advertisers they know the American pathos don't to the last T. Does life imitate good art? :clown:

You mean the fucking VW adverts and the DNA ones? They are just and got old quickly, though the Brazilian and Icelandic girl...Wood. 

14 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Even worse. KSA has won that much games at this WC that USA did in 2014 and 2010.

While try, we also lost to Germany (1-0), tied Portugal, and beat Ghana. So we have more points in 2014, and we progressed only to lose to Belgium :ay:

Same thing in 2010, we won, drew two, and won the group. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

While try, we also lost to Germany (1-0), tied Portugal, and beat Ghana. So we have more points in 2014, and we progressed only to lose to Belgium :ay:

Same thing in 2010, we won, drew two, and won the group. 

But still one win :74_japanese_goblin:

Just now, Cannabis said:

Can't be arsed finding the quote but was it @Dan who said Werner would be top goalscorer? Might have been @Mantis Toboggan M.D. if not? 

Own up lads, I need to point at someone.

No way did I say that 😂

also, can somebody please change my username for me. Just to 'Rick' please cause I cant wait any longer for this spastic name to fuck off.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Ah. Right.

I don't watch TV shows with deep, homosexual themes so that's probably why I swerved it and it got a hold of you.

I had a rock hard cock all the way through.

Change my name plz

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Can't be arsed finding the quote but was it @Dan who said Werner would be top goalscorer? Might have been @Mantis Toboggan M.D. if not? 

Own up lads, I need to point at someone.

I think someone before said Werner was 14/1 to be top scorer and I said it wasn't a bad price, left it though xD

I did tweet this though.....

So yeah, I've done it yet again, as Werner does absolutely nothing and Musa actually has a pretty good tournament, albeit goes out.

In the prediction league, I first said Sadio Mane would be top scorer. I changed it to Harry Kane shortly before the tournament began. Best decision I've ever made.

Archived