• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

To be honest I've been feeling like this is the right decision to make anyway for a few weeks. Just needed some time to rationalise it all and make sure I'm doing the right thing in breaking it off. It's been a fun 2 years but we were both headed for different directions in life and wanted different things at different times in the future. You live and you learn. 

Sorry to hear about that, Stan :( But as you said, you learn from every experience and grow stronger as a result. Some things are not meant to be. 

Also, can you all get away from @nudge? She's been my internet wife for years. 

Why am I even in this topic? 

• Administrator

Cheers mate. I think I saw it coming and was kind of prepared to break it off. I don't think she was and it's hit her hard but it would have been worse for both of us the longer it went on. 

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear Stan but I feared this would happen.

From when you spoke about the directions you both wanted to take, her lack of discipline financially etc. to me it just seemed like you'd reach a point where you were too different. Obviously I can only base on what I've read etc. which is a tiny part of the relationship, but she did not seem to understand some of the sacrifices you need to make in a relationship.

Will be difficult but keep your head up, just appreciate the times you had and look to the future. You got this.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sorry to hear Stan but I feared this would happen.

From when you spoke about the directions you both wanted to take, her lack of discipline financially etc. to me it just seemed like you'd reach a point where you were too different. Obviously I can only base on what I've read etc. which is a tiny part of the relationship, but she did not seem to understand some of the sacrifices you need to make in a relationship.

Will be difficult but keep your head up, just appreciate the times you had and look to the future. You got this.

Thanks mate. 

It had always been a sticking point, like you say. We both knew we had to compromise some things and sacrifice some things but when it actually came to reality we both had things that couldn't be compromised on. I told her that there's bound to be someone else out there better suited to her needs (living closer to where she is, earning more than me and comfortable with the London life etc). Ironically, the other day she basically said she'll move to Bedford, maybe find a job in Bedford or close by, may even like it here and end up settling here as well as having an Indian wedding (small one). To me that was just desperation of trying to save the relationship and just saying it now to stay in one. Later down the line I know for sure we'll be having the same conversations as we were this week when she inevitably doesn't like it round here and wants to move back closer to home.

It makes sense in my head to end it now as opposed to doing it when we may have been engaged or even married. Would have been messier further down the line. 

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cheers mate. I think I saw it coming and was kind of prepared to break it off. I don't think she was and it's hit her hard but it would have been worse for both of us the longer it went on. 

That's always the problem though when one of you decides it's enough.. Mentally and Emotionally you were prepared but she has had to take the hit not really knowing what was coming... Still, you cant stay in something if you are not committed to it so probably the right decision in the long run.. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

To be honest I've been feeling like this is the right decision to make anyway for a few weeks. Just needed some time to rationalise it all and make sure I'm doing the right thing in breaking it off. It's been a fun 2 years but we were both headed for different directions in life and wanted different things at different times in the future. You live and you learn. 

Wow. Sorry to hear that mate. It sounds like you've thought this through pretty comprehensively though so I'm sure you've made the right decision. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's always the problem though when one of you decides it's enough.. Mentally and Emotionally you were prepared but she has had to take the hit not really knowing what was coming... Still, you cant stay in something if you are not committed to it so probably the right decision in the long run.. 

yeah this is true! The commitment side of it waned recently and we both agreed recently anyway that we had drifted apart somewhat gradually. Whether that was a sign of things to come or whether the reality hit that the honeymoon period of a relationship was well and truly over who knows. Maybe a combination of both. 

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wow. Sorry to hear that mate. It sounds like you've thought this through pretty comprehensively though so I'm sure you've made the right decision. 

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Sorry to hear Stan, but as you said, it's for the best. Just take it on the chin and go hunting again!

Cheers guys. 

Sorry to hear Stanbo, but if it's the right choice then you'll feel better eventually. I think for a relationship to work there can't be logical reasons as to why you don't think it will, which may seem like an obvious thing to say, but many people get caught in relationships and get knee deep in children (dirty fuckers), marriage and mortgages before they realise they fucked up.

You're right, if it was "meant to be" as it were, then you'd of both come to a compromise long before rather than just waiting to cross that bridge.

@Stan, being on the other end of the stick I know what it's like for somebody to tell me what you told her. It does suck, but if she's rational like me, it'll soon make sense and she will quickly realise that it really is for the best. I wish you all the luck in the world though pal. This is a bollocks time and will be for a couple months but you'll bounce back you sexy bastard. 

Onto my issues. 

I put a new FB profile picture up about a month ago, got a few likes of the usual suspects, but then I got a like of this lass that i don't remember addint. Anyways, she likes the photo and within the space of five mins she's added me on snapchat. This lass is a fucking SMOKESHOW. At least a 9, no bullshit. Ofcourse, I add her back and we start sending back and forth a little. Not loads cause I'm purposely not diving into stuff again, this goes on for maybe a fortnight. So Friday night I just say to her "what's your deal anyways, you seeing anybody? If Not, you want to go out sometime?" She replies back "how comes it took you this long to ask?". So it looks like she's been hoping for me to jump in and ask her straight away. Being as hot as she is, it's maybe what she's used to. Anyways, so i ask her out to dinner for this thursday and she accepts my invite, I messaged her my phone number yesterday morning, so she can add me on WhatsApp or something, get a decent crack going before we meet. She didn't add me. She then replied to my SC story last night "Goodnight lovely xx". So this morning I fire her a SC message asking her to tell me if 7.30 is okay for the time so I can book a table, said I'd be booking it on my dinner break. Checked my phone, she's read the message, but not replied. 

So I'm staying quiet now, that's enough of me making effort over this. We will soon see if she's genuine, or if this is just an ego boost. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

@Stan, being on the other end of the stick I know what it's like for somebody to tell me what you told her. It does suck, but if she's rational like me, it'll soon make sense and she will quickly realise that it really is for the best. I wish you all the luck in the world though pal. This is a bollocks time and will be for a couple months but you'll bounce back you sexy bastard. 

Onto my issues. 

I put a new FB profile picture up about a month ago, got a few likes of the usual suspects, but then I got a like of this lass that i don't remember addint. Anyways, she likes the photo and within the space of five mins she's added me on snapchat. This lass is a fucking SMOKESHOW. At least a 9, no bullshit. Ofcourse, I add her back and we start sending back and forth a little. Not loads cause I'm purposely not diving into stuff again, this goes on for maybe a fortnight. So Friday night I just say to her "what's your deal anyways, you seeing anybody? If Not, you want to go out sometime?" She replies back "how comes it took you this long to ask?". So it looks like she's been hoping for me to jump in and ask her straight away. Being as hot as she is, it's maybe what she's used to. Anyways, so i ask her out to dinner for this thursday and she accepts my invite, I messaged her my phone number yesterday morning, so she can add me on WhatsApp or something, get a decent crack going before we meet. She didn't add me. She then replied to my SC story last night "Goodnight lovely xx". So this morning I fire her a SC message asking her to tell me if 7.30 is okay for the time so I can book a table, said I'd be booking it on my dinner break. Checked my phone, she's read the message, but not replied. 

So I'm staying quiet now, that's enough of me making effort over this. We will soon see if she's genuine, or if this is just an ego boost. 

Sounds like you're being catfished mate. Stay well clear

• Administrator
Just now, FOYM said:

Aye it does, I know she is who she is cause people I know, know her. It's just being wary of getting mugged off.

do you mean know her through Facebook as mutual friends or actually know her in person?

I haven't explained the situation very well here haha. 

This lass is somebody my mates actually know in person. Plus i know the people in her photos too, so her being real or not isn't the issue. It's really seeing if she said yes just stroke her ego or whether she's into it.

The ball is in her court now,l. Hopefully it goes through, because she's a stunner. But on the flip side, I can't say I'm impressed with her attitude to it so far. We'll see over the next couple of days how it pans out. 

Just now, FOYM said:

I haven't explained the situation very well here haha. 

This lass is somebody my mates actually know in person. Plus i know the people in her photos too, so her being real or not isn't the issue. It's really seeing if she said yes just stroke her ego or whether she's into it.

The ball is in her court now,l. Hopefully it goes through, because she's a stunner. But on the flip side, I can't say I'm impressed with her attitude to it so far. We'll see over the next couple of days how it pans out. 

Pics or GTFO

:ay:

Archived