talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

Forgot to actually put any kind of update in here.

It's weird now. The night itself didn't go well - she went a bit funny with me and as usual wouldn't be clear to me about why, more just avoiding me and explaining the next day which really wound me up, to the point my opinion of her nosedived in all honesty. I find her handling of any kind of confrontation completely childish.

While I've still got feelings for her, I've actually become a bit less sympathetic to her in general.

I don't think she's in a good place to be honest. She's absolutely piled weight on since I last saw her. Feel awful for saying it but I was amazed when I saw her. I think it kind of sums up how things are for her at the minute. This is all clearly quite recent as well because she was sending me drunken videos etc... and I'd never even noticed that.

I went to type a quite big post but weirdly, I just can't really be arsed to go into the details. I think I've gotten a bit tired of the situation so I'm just holding back a bit now.

What's strange is that despite it going badly, she was talking to my mate the day after and told him she fancies coming up again soon so it can't have gone that badly at her end but meh, I just don't know anymore. We're speaking again after a few days of not (and weirdly this time, I wasn't as bothered) but I think a few things have really got to change for anything to happen.

Overall verdict - my own interest has cooled a bit. Not gone completely, but she's changed and I feel like if I went chasing after her I'd just be laying down a marker that she can get away with not being straight with me. We'll talk about things one day but she seems desperate to avoid it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just raw dogged a girl I know on the beach. Very romantic. Then after we walk back to hers shes like "do you wanna come in and meet my parents?" 

No love, another day

You’re not the stereotypical magic the gathering type nerd are you

• Subscriber
On 11/11/2018 at 11:14, Toinho said:

Sounds like you’re making your mind up man. Easy for me to say but looks best to try move on? 

I'm not in that bad a place now really. I do still like her but like... it's a bit more controlled, if that makes sense. The way she's been lately has put me in a position where it's not beyond being salvaged, but it's made me a bit less interested.

On 11/11/2018 at 23:01, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I just raw dogged a girl I know on the beach. Very romantic. Then after we walk back to hers shes like "do you wanna come in and meet my parents?" 

No love, another day

I just learned a new term. 

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Month and a half married, noticed the older ladies are really into me now.

MILF POWER 2018

It's an illusion.... When you were single and seemingly a bit nerdy they didn't want to risk it, you probably came across as clingy or a bit needy so they steered clear, now they know you are taken they feel it's safe to toy with you... For you however you are probably thinking that somehow overnight you have grown an extra foot in height, your voice has become deeper and sexier, your looks and body have become god like and you are suddenly irresistible to the opposite sex... Whats worse though is after only a month of marriage you are already starting to take more notice of other women around you...

That sort of stuff normally starts cropping up near the end of the long haul not the beginning... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It's an illusion.... When you were single and seemingly a bit nerdy they didn't want to risk it, you probably came across as clingy or a bit needy so they steered clear, now they know you are taken they feel it's safe to toy with you... For you however you are probably thinking that somehow overnight you have grown an extra foot in height, your voice has become deeper and sexier, your looks and body have become god like and you are suddenly irresistible to the opposite sex... Whats worse though is after only a month of marriage you are already starting to take more notice of other women around you...

That sort of stuff normally starts cropping up near the end of the long haul not the beginning... 

Well thank you for ending my dreams

• 4 weeks later...

Just broke up with the GF. After about 3 months or so. On her birthday no less. She called me and told me she was feeling confused, like she was leading me on and that she was taking advantage of me. TBH I barely even liked the lass, but I was quite happy seeing her once or twice a week and 'chilling'. Ah well. Being knocked down never feels good, but if she didn't feel great then it's good no games were played and we got it done early. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Just broke up with the GF. After about 3 months or so. On her birthday no less. She called me and told me she was feeling confused, like she was leading me on and that she was taking advantage of me. TBH I barely even liked the lass, but I was quite happy seeing her once or twice a week and 'chilling'. Ah well. Being knocked down never feels good, but if she didn't feel great then it's good no games were played and we got it done early. 

Shit to hear but good that she's been honest with you and sounds like it was just a bit of a fling that had potential to be serious, but was nipped in the bud early for the benefit of both of you.

21 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Is this the one who let you bang her at the beach and you didn’t wanna meet her parents after? 

22 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

She probably found your Magic The Gathering cards mate

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Two and a half months married, passed pretty quickly.

That's because in the early stages you are still enjoying it.... I remember them early days where she would bring me a coffee in bed first thing in the morning and we were all smiles and laughter, then we would get back into bed and cuddle up for a while just chilling.... 

Now when she makes coffee and winks at me I actually feel frightened as I take that first sip... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

That's because in the early stages you are still enjoying it.... I remember them early days where she would bring me a coffee in bed first thing in the morning and we were all smiles and laughter, then we would get back into bed and cuddle up for a while just chilling.... 

Now when she makes coffee and winks at me I actually feel frightened as I take that first sip... 

is that what they called it in the 1920's?

Archived