• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

That's because in the early stages you are still enjoying it.... I remember them early days where she would bring me a coffee in bed first thing in the morning and we were all smiles and laughter, then we would get back into bed and cuddle up for a while just chilling.... 

Now when she makes coffee and winks at me I actually feel frightened as I take that first sip... 

Haha brilliant. I’m the one who brings her coffee in bed though. 

Alright, soft post from me.

Been with the gf about 5 months. I’ve never felt so good in a relationship and I’m pretty certain I love her. I’ve only really felt like this once in the past but not this soon. I’m not sure where she sits on this, I don’t think she’s at the same level as myself with her feelings - however she is also pretty reserved and sometimes hard to read. I feel like I am ready to say it. I’m not expecting her to say it back. just trying to tell my brain it doesn’t matter if she doesn’t yet as it is early. Has anyone here been the first to say it? And did your partner say it or did it take them a bit longer? 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Been with the gf about 5 months. I’ve never felt so good in a relationship and I’m pretty certain I love her. I’ve only really felt like this once in the past but not this soon. I’m not sure where she sits on this, I don’t think she’s at the same level as myself with her feelings - however she is also pretty reserved and sometimes hard to read. I feel like I am ready to say it. I’m not expecting her to say it back. just trying to tell my brain it doesn’t matter if she doesn’t yet as it is early. Has anyone here been the first to say it? And did your partner say it or did it take them a bit longer? 

Wow this will be an extremely difficult read for @DeadLinesman, heartbreaking stuff.

I did it once when i was younger, to be honest it backfired. She became cold and tried to be completely in control. I broke up but then she wanted me back, she was a freak control i guess. Doesn't mean it will happen to you, as you only live once give it a go ginger. 

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wow this will be an extremely difficult read for @DeadLinesman, heartbreaking stuff.

I did it once when i was younger, to be honest it backfired. She became cold and tried to be completely in control. I broke up but then she wanted me back, she was a freak control i guess. Doesn't mean it will happen to you, as you only live once give it a go ginger. 

So your other partners have always said it first? 

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

So your other partners have always said it first? 

Well not all, i'd say mostly. However in many cases they just beat me to it, as i was afraid of their reaction. Also to be fair i was in love with many girls during my life, but only really loved a few.

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

If you are unconvinced that she will reciprocate your affections then I would probably hold off saying anything like that... Only because it's great if she feels the same way but if not could you frighten her off a bit maybe?? or is it possible that it might change your feelings if she didn't feel the same way?? and vice versa, she could feel the same way and is waiting for you to say something first... Relationships are always a bit of a gamble with stuff like that.. Can't think of anything worse ( other than being bald or having a perm that is ) than laying all your cards out on the table only to be shot down in the most brutal fashion so early in the relationship.. 

Can't remember using it much at all in my youth if I was honest and if she said it first I would reply in kind just for the extra benefits that brought probably.. I won't say I was cold hearted about it but just not really my thing to be saying stuff like that after only a few months and actually meaning it... It was not until I met the missus that the word came into play seriously for me but then I had been in quite a few relationships prior to that to know that she was very different to all those that had gone before... 

Be honest with yourself ( and its not something you have to answer on here obviously ) but have you felt that way in previous relationships after a short time?? Could just be some auto pilot type situation you have..  you know you reach a certain point in time with someone then you flick the love switch to on and kick back into cruise control.. 

Not trying to put you off or anything mate because each to their own, got to do what feels right for you and take your chances... Just hope you have a good hand before laying them cards down.. 

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If you are unconvinced that she will reciprocate your affections then I would probably hold off saying anything like that... Only because it's great if she feels the same way but if not could you frighten her off a bit maybe?? or is it possible that it might change your feelings if she didn't feel the same way?? and vice versa, she could feel the same way and is waiting for you to say something first... Relationships are always a bit of a gamble with stuff like that.. Can't think of anything worse ( other than being bald or having a perm that is ) than laying all your cards out on the table only to be shot down in the most brutal fashion so early in the relationship.. 

Can't remember using it much at all in my youth if I was honest and if she said it first I would reply in kind just for the extra benefits that brought probably.. I won't say I was cold hearted about it but just not really my thing to be saying stuff like that after only a few months and actually meaning it... It was not until I met the missus that the word came into play seriously for me but then I had been in quite a few relationships prior to that to know that she was very different to all those that had gone before... 

Be honest with yourself ( and its not something you have to answer on here obviously ) but have you felt that way in previous relationships after a short time?? Could just be some auto pilot type situation you have..  you know you reach a certain point in time with someone then you flick the love switch to on and kick back into cruise control.. 

Not trying to put you off or anything mate because each to their own, got to do what feels right for you and take your chances... Just hope you have a good hand before laying them cards down.. 

Fair points. I’m not overly concerned with her reaction. I think she knows how I feel. 

As I said earlier, I’ve never felt like this before - and only said those words to one ex with meaning. 

I am not someone who believes in x amount of time = I must say this. My last relationship lasted about a year and I don’t think I’d even said it. 

My mind is a mess with this and I have no idea why. 

My lass pulled the plug, over the phone on her birthday. xD What a monster. Was a couple of weeks back. She said she just wasn't that excited with the whole thing and had no idea if she wanted more or not, so would rather pull the plug then and there. I agreed and wished her all the best.

Found out Christmas day she basically cut me cos some younger handsome chap had come calling. Don't blame her at all, but fuck her for her dishonesty. Once this lad's done with her she better not come back my way. 

35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

My lass pulled the plug, over the phone on her birthday. xD What a monster. Was a couple of weeks back. She said she just wasn't that excited with the whole thing and had no idea if she wanted more or not, so would rather pull the plug then and there. I agreed and wished her all the best.

Found out Christmas day she basically cut me cos some younger handsome chap had come calling. Don't blame her at all, but fuck her for her dishonesty. Once this lad's done with her she better not come back my way. 

That’s rough man,if she does come crawling back you can have the “pleasure” of saying go fuck yourself. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That shit man. What a lying coward. 

I had the same thing with the lass I was seeing a few months back. Ended it cause "she didn't know what she wanted" and then a fortnight after she was with a younger model. Fuck her. She was obviously going behind my back like a little snake.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Funnily enough, this is how I am feeling right now with a girl I've been dating since October. She's been really full-on, and intense and right now it's just too much for me at the moment, where I just want a bit of fun and enjoy time together. After the 3rd or 4th date, I think it was, she professed that she was 'falling in love' with me. Alarm bells started ringing as it really isn't what I was looking for - something serious so soon. I told her I didn't feel the same about her at the time and it's now how I envisaged things going so soon in a 'relationship'. It wasn't even a relationship, to be honest, it was purely just dating. 

It's kind of thrown me off her because despite seeing her a couple times since then, it's just knocked me right back - she's acting like nothing happened and I can't get on the same wavelength, or anywhere near, as her. It's just creating this weird imbalance where she's carrying on being all lovey-dovey and nicey-nice and I'm trying to just hold back purely because I don't feel the same way, and I just don't want anything serious right now. 

What I'll add to what you said though is that it's fucking shit she lied to you about it all because she found someone else. It's bad enough her leaving, no doubt, but probably worse that she's lied to you about it. 

And it's common for people to come crawling back when they thought the grass was greener on the other side! So I'd expect it but for me, once someone's lied to you and been dishonest, they have propensity to do it again and the trust is not there any more.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Funnily enough, this is how I am feeling right now with a girl I've been dating since October. She's been really full-on, and intense and right now it's just too much for me at the moment, where I just want a bit of fun and enjoy time together. After the 3rd or 4th date, I think it was, she professed that she was 'falling in love' with me. Alarm bells started ringing as it really isn't what I was looking for - something serious so soon. I told her I didn't feel the same about her at the time and it's now how I envisaged things going so soon in a 'relationship'. It wasn't even a relationship, to be honest, it was purely just dating. 

It's kind of thrown me off her because despite seeing her a couple times since then, it's just knocked me right back - she's acting like nothing happened and I can't get on the same wavelength, or anywhere near, as her. It's just creating this weird imbalance where she's carrying on being all lovey-dovey and nicey-nice and I'm trying to just hold back purely because I don't feel the same way, and I just don't want anything serious right now. 

What I'll add to what you said though is that it's fucking shit she lied to you about it all because she found someone else. It's bad enough her leaving, no doubt, but probably worse that she's lied to you about it. 

And it's common for people to come crawling back when they thought the grass was greener on the other side! So I'd expect it but for me, once someone's lied to you and been dishonest, they have propensity to do it again and the trust is not there any more.

Sounds like you need to end the dating then mate, you don’t sound keen on her at all?

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Over the phone... That's a bit shit I must admit... 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Mate, If you are not feeling same way as she is just turn the monitor off.. 

Delete your Skype as well or whatever it is you use to communicate that should put paid to that problem... 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Sounds like you need to end the dating then mate, you don’t sound keen on her at all?

I'm not. I don't feel 100% about it and I've not seen anything from her to rectify that or change my mind. I think I'll be calling it a day next time we meet, as difficult a conversation as that may be.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm not. I don't feel 100% about it and I've not seen anything from her to rectify that or change my mind. I think I'll be calling it a day next time we meet, as difficult a conversation as that may be.

All the best. 

On the flip side if there was more feeling from you and you did want something serious it’s not bad when the girl is more keen than you IMO. But as you said this isn’t how you’re feeling. 

I never updated from my soppy garbage earlier in this thread. I did end up declaring my feelings for my gf. 🙈

@Stan yeah definitely tell the lass sooner rather than later. I've just been in a position where I was the same as that girl. Proper ended up smitten with this lass I was seeing but due to some very real circumstances, it didn't work out. I'm gutted but it was good that she was honest about it all with me. 

@Toinho what happened mate? Had my fingers, toes and bollocks crossed that it all worked out. PS: don't use that bloody monkey emoji, strictly for girls that you lemon.

9 hours ago, Rick said:

@Stan yeah definitely tell the lass sooner rather than later. I've just been in a position where I was the same as that girl. Proper ended up smitten with this lass I was seeing but due to some very real circumstances, it didn't work out. I'm gutted but it was good that she was honest about it all with me. 

@Toinho what happened mate? Had my fingers, toes and bollocks crossed that it all worked out. PS: don't use that bloody monkey emoji, strictly for girls that you lemon.

Sorry mate 

She did say it back. 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Toinho said:

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Over the phone... That's a bit shit I must admit... 

Mate, If you are not feeling same way as she is just turn the monitor off.. 

Delete your Skype as well or whatever it is you use to communicate that should put paid to that problem... 

14 hours ago, Toinho said:

All the best. 

On the flip side if there was more feeling from you and you did want something serious it’s not bad when the girl is more keen than you IMO. But as you said this isn’t how you’re feeling. 

I never updated from my soppy garbage earlier in this thread. I did end up declaring my feelings for my gf. 🙈

10 hours ago, Rick said:

Met her today and told her how I felt about the whole thing. 

The imbalance was still there as she came in much happier and as if nothing had ever happened, while I'm sitting there all reserved and thinking 'fuck it here we go xD'.

She was in a relationship for a few years, a quite abusive one, which she got out of in summer and I was one of the first she dated since then. With the way the first few dates had gone, it was clear she was still in the 'process' of getting over it. And I told her that it sounded and felt like I was just a rebound for her and anyone who came in to her life and showed her some affection would have looked like a knight in shining armour, so to speak, after being in such a relationship. 

I told her that I didn't feel the same way about her and perhaps she still needs more time to get over what has happened and it's not the right time for either of us to be dating; for me to not date someone with so much baggage, so to speak, and perhaps for her to think about what she properly wants - in the hour of conversation we had today, she brought up 3 times how the last relationship ended for her so for me it's still clearly on her mind. 

Right at the end she randomly says 'I've actually been told by someone that they like me'. I asked her who it was and she said it was someone I knew, someone I used to go to school with but refused to actually tell me who xD. When I asked her again who it was she was like, 'okay stop, we're going off topic here'. In my head I was like 'YOU FUCKING BROUGHT IT UP YOU PSYCHO BITCH'. 

So yeah, glad I got it off my chest and that it's done now. Actually feel like that proverbial weight has gone off my chest, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived