talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I’m at the age now where everyone is either getting engaged, married or having a kid and I’ve just split with my girlfriend of 5 years. Felt like the end of the world that I’d have to start all over but finally starting to see that the right woman for me is round the corner somewhere and I will be happier in the long run.

Sounds like you'll be able to be an eligible bachelor at a whole bunch of upcoming weddings! Good to hear man. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/01/2019 at 07:16, Batard said:

It almost feels out of place given the posts this precedes but I proposed to my partner tonight. After she asked whether I was being serious or not, she said yes. With my divorce to my ex being finalised and a daughter with my current partner, it kinda felt the right time. 

Sensational news mate! Huge congrats. I hope your mrs is content with a modest wedding... My brother is law is in the process of dropping $70k on his one and he's a pretty nondescript dude who doesn't spend frivilously. Wedding price seem to have doubled in the last 10 years....

To those who have got engaged and then married (or not), did you live with your partner before proposing? Got a fair few friends over the years with a bit of both sides to the equation - just wondering how rare it is to propose before living together? 

On 18/01/2019 at 22:09, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah I agree. 

Yeah she’s the main priority, she always has been since the second she was born. And thanks mate! 

Easily mate and you don't want to miss a thing, especially at the age she is now. Best bet is to talk through it with your missus mate as you got through it last time and there is a far more important reason to make it work now.
Maybe even a little break from each other would work wonders, especially given how women can be after not long conceiving a child. The only problem is, as you mentioned, you don't want to miss out on your daughter, you want to be there at all times for her.

You're also right about bottling things up and this has always been my worst enemy, although most of us males could say the same, it's how we are unfortunately. I bottle shit up and then end up losing my head due to it when getting it off your chest from the start would have helped matters.

If you want to talk mate and ever get anything off your chest, the PM button is up there.

football forum
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

To those who have got engaged and then married (or not), did you live with your partner before proposing? Got a fair few friends over the years with a bit of both sides to the equation - just wondering how rare it is to propose before living together? 

I proposed after living with my girlfriend for a year, had been with her for six years but yeah.

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

5 years living together. 

Best to get used to each other first vs getting married then realising how utter slobs both of you are. 

• Subscriber
On 18/01/2019 at 20:16, Batard said:

It almost feels out of place given the posts this precedes but I proposed to my partner tonight. After she asked whether I was being serious or not, she said yes. With my divorce to my ex being finalised and a daughter with my current partner, it kinda felt the right time. 

Just seen this, congratulations mate - you deserve all the happiness in the world. Delighted for you 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

I'm not engaged or anything but I've always thought you probably want to spend some time living with someone to see what it's really like before considering popping the question.

On 18/01/2019 at 20:16, Batard said:

Congratulations you sexy beast.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not engaged or anything but I've always thought you probably want to spend some time living with someone to see what it's really like before considering popping the question.

Yeah they’re my thoughts, too. 

In my own situation, I’m at least a year away from living with the gf, due to work. She teaches quite far away from where I teach. I feel I’d be ready to live with her now though. Don’t know? Feelings are gay. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Yeah they’re my thoughts, too. 

In my own situation, I’m at least a year away from living with the gf, due to work. She teaches quite far away from where I teach. I feel I’d be ready to live with her now though. Don’t know? Feelings are gay. 

Hahahaha considering how much you are punching no wonder you’re desperate to tie her down 

Archived