Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

When i saw this thread it made so much sense for you to be the creator xDxD

I have literally held off posting about my love life to avoid it being solely about it xD

I get the feeling Anton's entire decision was based on homesickness. Fuck that, I've endured days upon days of homesickness for what I've gone through stateside but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Ubuntu said:

My wife was...and then she took a test and was.

Best of luck to you. 

It's not the first time she's been convinced. I'm not remotely convinced until I see a positive test

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

It's not the first time she's been convinced. I'm not remotely convinced until I see a positive test

I know she's a g/f, but are you at all wanting a baby?

• Administrator
Just now, Batard said:

xD

Nah. She's late on her period and hasn't had any period symptoms 

my girl scared me like that a few months ago and then decides to tell me it's just normal that it comes late sometimes >:(

2 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

my girl scared me like that a few months ago and then decides to tell me it's just normal that it comes late sometimes >:(

Haha - my wife said that the same, but her breasts were 'tender' so she took a test and 'Viola'. Preggers. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I get the feeling Anton's entire decision was based on homesickness. Fuck that, I've endured days upon days of homesickness for what I've gone through stateside but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Must be tough living in another English speaking country that's basically Australia...I am not homesick. I need to sort out my teaching license in Australia, and also 3 years in Japan is a decent stretch considering the societal and cultural problems they have. Will miss the nature, women, and craziness though. But I'll be back! 

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

Must be tough living in another English speaking country that's basically Australia...I am not homesick. I need to sort out my teaching license in Australia, and also 3 years in Japan is a decent stretch considering the societal and cultural problems they have. Will miss the nature, women, and craziness though. But I'll be back! 

I've missed deaths, graduations, bithdays, births, my mother getting cancer and a whole slew of other events because I'm not home and if I did want to go home I'd have to raise over $3,000. Yeah mate, it's real easy because I get to speak English.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I've missed deaths, graduations, bithdays, births, my mother getting cancer and a whole slew of other events because I'm not home and if I did want to go home I'd have to raise over $3,000. Yeah mate, it's real easy because I get to speak English.

See, it's not nice making assumptions.

i can relate to all of those minus the cancer and I am sorry to hear that. 

Just now, Anton said:

See, it's not nice making assumptions.

i can relate to all of those minus the cancer and I am sorry to hear that. 

I wasn't making an entirely baseless assumption. You always post about missing Australia.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've got nothing to go back to anyway. I hate my hometown and that is where my family lives.

That's fair enough mate. It does sound like you're in the right place for you. Plus you're married right? She's done well. 

Just now, Anton said:

That's fair enough mate. It does sound like you're in the right place for you. Plus you're married right? She's done well. 

Sorry, if I came off as condescending earlier. I just didn't want you to give up on a Japanese dream (if it was what you really wanted) over a fleeting feeling of homesickness. I am married, it's stressful. She has had type 1 diabetes since childhood and it's hard watching her rarely ever feel 100%. There is always something, a minor cold, a headache, stomach pains, etc. It really makes it hard to live an active life.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Sorry, if I came off as condescending earlier. I just didn't want you to give up on a Japanese dream (if it was what you really wanted) over a fleeting feeling of homesickness. I am married, it's stressful. She has had type 1 diabetes since childhood and it's hard watching her rarely ever feel 100%. There is always something, a minor cold, a headache, stomach pains, etc. It really makes it hard to live an active life.

No, all good. The Japanese dream was never a thing! But, then, I visited, and just fell in love with the country. I just can't see a long term future here. It's just not what I am after at my age. I will sorely miss the place though.

Also, that must make it difficult but at least you can support each other.

I'm off on a snowboarding trip with the ex this weekend(was booked a while back and we are still, er, seeing each other until I leave), I am injured but going to try one last weekend of snow fun!

Contemplating pursuing a mother at work. That's pretty messed up but she's over the top keen.

Decent looking lass at work is a vegetarian and she has taken a shine to me since she found out I don't eat meat.

I don't eat meat because I don't like the taste of it, but after seeing an opening I obviously told her that I am against harming animals and even considering the next step to veganism.

Put my foot in it big time today though, strolled in to the staff room on my first break saying how much I want a couple of the horses that I had on at Cheltenham to die. She was horrified at that and the fact I like horse racing.

Barely spoke to me the rest of the day.

Archived