The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Split up with the Mother of my child. Shame really, but it just wasn't working any more. I've had quite a few issues in the past and hurt her as a result. So it's mainly down to me and my mental health in the past.. which stems from the death of my Father.

We've had tricky patches before, but this is it now. She even said she thinks she makes me worse and i agree. We but especially me need to be alone. I've been out for a week and viewing houses and just keeping busy with work. I'm  actually looking forward to living on my own and making a nice home for my daughter.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Split up with the Mother of my child. Shame really, but it just wasn't working any more. I've had quite a few issues in the past and hurt her as a result. So it's mainly down to me and my mental health in the past.. which stems from the death of my Father.

We've had tricky patches before, but this is it now. She even said she thinks she makes me worse and i agree. We but especially me need to be alone. I've been out for a week and viewing houses and just keeping busy with work. I'm  actually looking forward to living on my own and making a nice home for my daughter.

Sad to hear but sounds like it's for the best? Sounds like it's been quite amicable and you both realise it's what needs to be done for the benefit of your daughter.

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Sorry to hear mate. If it is any consoliation, I have say from personal experience that having happy parents not together, is better than having parents together that aren't happy. 

Hope things work out for you, especially the mental health stuff as I know that even though you are a father, you still need to take care of you. 

Best of luck mate. 

• Subscriber
On 09/08/2019 at 12:34, JOSHBRFC said:

That's horrible to hear mate but glad you're looking at the positives and opportunities.

Mental health is a massive issue and I'm glad more people are starting to have the conversation about how we can all help each other out, and how the NHS can better accommodate these issues as well as physical ones in future.

Drop us a PM if you ever feel the need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Things going very well :)

Got plans for engagement and wedding within next couple years. Her family are great. She's met mine and they all get on well. Couldn't ask for more right now! 

IMG_20190826_203042_215.jpg

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Got plans for engagement and wedding within next couple years. Her family are great. She's met mine and they all get on well. Couldn't ask for more right now! 

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question. But are you, potentially, allowed to date outside of your own ethnicity? 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question. But are you, potentially, allowed to date outside of your own ethnicity? 

Yep. My parents are quite liberal as opposed to your more traditional Asian parents. They've always said as long as I'm happy they'd support me. I know they're preference is always a Gujarati Indian girl (which my current gf is) but wouldn't be end of the world of not. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. My parents are quite liberal as opposed to your more traditional Asian parents. They've always said as long as I'm happy they'd support me. I know they're preference is always a Gujarati Indian girl (which my current gf is) but wouldn't be end of the world of not. 

Ah okay, I see. I was just curious. You two look great together btw :)

2 hours ago, Stan said:

That's awesome mate! Congrats!

Easy on the eye too!

This is the family.

All chugging along pretty well at the moment. Wife is on maternity leave for another few month's before we'll need to find a way to go back to two incomes again.

The little one (Zara) has been a tricky baby compared to the first but seems to be getting over that point now at eight months and being much more delightful. Currently giving her the night time milk bottle... ☺️

20190827_195625.jpg

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ah okay, I see. I was just curious. You two look great together btw :)

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's awesome mate! Congrats!

Easy on the eye too!

Cheers lads. 

@Harry I agree mate. She is as well. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

One day i will be able to make valuable contributions to this thread 

I'm sure the right guy is just around the corner for you mate. 

34 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

One day i will be able to make valuable contributions to this thread 

Would you be subject to an arranged marriage mate? If so do you know who you would be paired with?

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Would you be subject to an arranged marriage mate? If so do you know who you would be paired with?

Arranged marriage in the sense that my parents introduce me to someone and i also find her interesting ? Very likely, but in the sense that I'm tied up with someone not at all. 

With Asian parents you can never know though,  they can come up with the most unlikely contender :coffee: 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

How large is the Gujarati population? I play tennis with 4 men from India, all with Indian wives, and I also run with 3 more, two of which are married. I also work with an Indian guy, and all of them are Gujarati!

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What are you like.... 

You're only annoyed that I beat you to the joke ;) 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

How large is the Gujarati population? I play tennis with 4 men from India, all with Indian wives, and I also run with 3 more, two of which are married. I also work with an Indian guy, and all of them are Gujarati!

In UK not sure mate. Around where I live it's big enough to have a few associations in Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Northampton etc to hold events especially around festive times i.e. Diwali. But having said that, those associations aren't just for Gujaratis but they predominantly make up the attendance.

20 minutes ago, True Blue said:

In a month it's my one year anniversary of being married

Congrats. It certaintly flies by. 

Wife and I just celebrated our 5 years, and in January it will be 8 years together. Crazy that it's been that long. 

Just now, Eco said:

Congrats. It certaintly flies by. 

Wife and I just celebrated our 5 years, and in January it will be 8 years together. Crazy that it's been that long. 

Congrats mate, we dated for around 4-5 years and lived together for the past three including the last.

Archived