talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't worry about cost mate. Anyone saying it has to be an X amount of salary is chatting shit. Since when does salary or amount you earn dictate something like that? Agree with @Cicero saying it's people being materialistic.

My fiancé and I went shopping a few times to see what kinds of styles she likes and also to get her finger size as well so at least I knew what exactly she needed and that it would fit the day I asked her. I went shopping myself a few times to see what I could get and what I could afford in line with what she liked. 

Thankfully a colleague I worked with knew someone who worked in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. So I gave them the requirements and my budget. They managed to create the ring (so it's unique) and I got it £750 cheaper than I would have if I went to a normal retail shop. Of course money isn't everything but I love a saving. I spent less than one months salary on it and its still high quality in the gradings like colour, clarity, cut and size. 

Go with what feels right mate. The most expensive ring might be totally horrid and not what your missus wants. The biggest cut might be ugly and not fitting for her. 

I'd advise to do your research and don't just go to one shop :)

Going shopping with her first is a great idea actually. I have an idea of her taste in jewelry but this is a different area entirely and something I want her to be happy with more then anything. Im not in a rush like I said im thinking a 1 or 2 year window but I was just thinking while im saving at the moment as im literally spending nothing as theres nothing to do these days I might as well start putting some aside for the inevitable. 

I did always bug her that Id get her a ring pop to propose. Or one of those things from a claw machine but to be honest it would cost less to buy a proper ring then win at that fucking thing.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be honest if he spent two month salary on a wedding ring I'd probably be calling the whole thing off because it's mental xD 

She was there when I asked our google home thingy and shes like thats way too much.. shed rather use more money on a down payment which is exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to confirm we're not crazy more then anything xD

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Going shopping with her first is a great idea actually. I have an idea of her taste in jewelry but this is a different area entirely and something I want her to be happy with more then anything. Im not in a rush like I said im thinking a 1 or 2 year window but I was just thinking while im saving at the moment as im literally spending nothing as theres nothing to do these days I might as well start putting some aside for the inevitable. 

I did always bug her that Id get her a ring pop to propose. Or one of those things from a claw machine but to be honest it would cost less to buy a proper ring then win at that fucking thing.

She was there when I asked our google home thingy and shes like thats way too much.. shed rather use more money on a down payment which is exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to confirm we're not crazy more then anything xD

Hopefully we've confirmed that for you! 

Definitely a great time to save for sure. Doing exactly that for a wedding and able to save to at least pay for deposits initially 

It's good that she thinks the same as you though. At least the expectations of what you can now get will be realistic. 

I've had materialistic girlfriends in the past to various levels and it's so refreshing when I met my fiancé and how non-materialistic she is! 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be honest if he spent two month salary on a wedding ring I'd probably be calling the whole thing off because it's mental xD 

I could get a whole garden project done for that.... :D

Being serious though @Viva la FCB I understand why you would want something nice for her but nice things don't always have to have a high cost attached, I suppose you might be thinking that if you keep the cost down that she or even indeed you might think it's cheapening the whole experience or that she might feel she was undervalued... If she loves and cares about you mate it won't matter how much you spend it will be about the gesture...  

• Administrator

@Viva la FCB forgot to mention that you want something that's reliable and not going to get damaged so easily. Might sound like a minor thing compared to other stuff to think about but try and get free cleaning or warranty on it so that if it does get accidentally damaged or dirty over time, you can just nip back to the jewellers and get it done at no cost.

Agree with @Bluewolf above about feeling undervalued but sounds like you don't have to worry about that at all given you both know what you want.

• Subscriber

The wife lost her first one but the one she has now cost me £350.00 that was in 1975, I know about 3 years later put it in a jeweller's to be cleaned and he tried to buy it off her for £600 odd but we both said a big NO, so that ring must be worth a few quid nowadays, its a white gold cluster. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a row with her about going to someone's barbecue next weekend for their birthday. Obviously she's wrong, the fucking twat.

Both pissed up though, she's sticking up for 'Boris' when she's pissed. How do I deal with this in the morningxD

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Had a row with her about going to someone's barbecue next weekend for their birthday. Obviously she's wrong, the fucking twat.

Both pissed up though, she's sticking up for 'Boris' when she's pissed. How do I deal with this in the morningxD

Sever all ties.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Scouse bird sticking up for a Tory PM?

Sounds more like Mike making shit shouts when he's pissed again :ph34r:.

But yeah don't go to the barbecue.

On 22/05/2020 at 01:52, Viva la FCB said:

I got a question for you married folks and @Stan How much did you spend on your enagement/wedding rings? I dont need exact numbers just an idea. Google tells me the average these days is two months salary? I make a decent wage but that seems insane to me? Maybe im just out of touch? 

Basically Ive been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years now, weve lived together for 2 years. Im not going to propose yet but it was just on my mind in recent days with not much going on in the world Ive been thinking about starting to put aside money to buy a ring. Basically were looking to buy a place in the next year or two and thats sort of when I was thinking about proposing in that time frame as well. 

Hi mate, I spent around $5k, which was around 1 months salary before tax.

I was being told by rules of thumb on Google that I should spend 20% of my salary at the time which would be more like 12.5k. The diamond was valued at that amount so I felt that I met that criteria well enough despite losing much less. That was ten years ago but it seemed diamonds are typically sold well below their valuation price, not through sales but just that's the way its done.

My advice, move down the diamond purity quality spectrum from AAA and you'll get a much bigger stone for a decent price, and nobody but you will ever know what grade the diamond was.

@Viva la FCB

Bottom line if you're getting married you'll need to avoid most rules of thumb as they're ultimately there to make you guilt spend. 

We were being told you should spend 20% salary on a dress, 20% of your total wedding price for a decent photographer, minimum 120pp for a decent reception, etc... There's a massive industry there that will dish out all the advice you could want but it will be the advice that helps keep their coffers well oiled that you'll be getting.

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Hi mate, I spent around $5k, which was around 1 months salary before tax.

:o God Damn!!! 

I wouldn't spend that much even on myself let alone on a ring that will keep getting thrown back at me every time the wife's emotional levels are brimming over... 

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

:o God Damn!!! 

I wouldn't spend that much even on myself let alone on a ring that will keep getting thrown back at me every time the wife's emotional levels are brimming over... 

😂 my partner doesn’t wear jewellery and loses things so if I buy a ring it’s probably going to be something made out of recycled goods.

• Subscriber
On 18/02/2020 at 18:04, DeadLinesman said:

It’s been 24 hours. Time to steal this bitches thunder........

Deadlinesman3 due July 2020! Wish me luck because if it’s another girl, I’m fucked.

6202DB20-FBF4-45DD-AEF4-6799C353A3E1.jpeg

Only just seen this not been on last few months can’t remember seeing anything on social media but congrats to you and Mrs. I may have seen but done too much drinking in lockdown. Don’t want to go back to work. Furlough FTW.

Another child who has more hair than their father when they’re a day old. Haha kids are the best! What’s your trick mate? Juggling a wife and kids and still shagging having more haha my best mate(also bald) ;) has 3 girls 9, 6 and 2 I couldnt do that me hahaha 4 women.

Now I’ve Split with the ex, if I meet someone I would never rush but one more be enough for me. MAX 2 more if I have another girl. 

Typed out a soppy essay but pussied out and saved it. I’ve been lurking in the shadows on here for the last 2/3 years. Whilst going through a lot. I’ll post in here and any mental health thread when ready. Need to get a lot off my chest! Seeing a lot of people’s posts on here in that time has inspired me to offload. Weird knowing I’ve known some of you ugly cunts for a decade?! Someone with power and respect(forum arse kisser) needs to organise a meet up next year! Ha

• Administrator
4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’ll post in here and any mental health thread when ready. Need to get a lot off my chest

Hope you're okay mate! 

19 hours ago, Rab said:

Spending x amount on z is all marketing. Don't fall for it and do whatever works for you both.

My wedding ring cost £80 and is far less ‘value’ than almost all my other shit. However, it’s intrinsic value is priceless.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ugly fellas can get girls too, you just need to be funny and have self-confidence (so maybe don’t call yourself ugly anymore)

I wonder how long it will be before words like 'Ugly' and 'Fat' are removed from the dictionary as words we are no longer able to use because it can have a negative effect on someone's self esteem??? Even I have started to use the words 'Well Fed' to replace 'Fat' in an attempt to get ahead of the game.. 

19 hours ago, CityTheBest said:

Ugly.

Don't leave it too late to start dating.. Once you get into @CaaC (John)'s age bracket the dating scene can look a little like this... 

See the source image

See the source image

34 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I wonder how long it will be before words like 'Ugly' and 'Fat' are removed from the dictionary as words we are no longer able to use because it can have a negative effect on someone's self esteem??? Even I have started to use the words 'Well Fed' to replace 'Fat' in an attempt to get ahead of the game.. 

Don't leave it too late to start dating.. Once you get into @CaaC (John)'s age bracket the dating scene can look a little like this... 

See the source image

See the source image

Mate I'm not saying you can't call people ugly.

I just think if you want to get girls, you need to have some degree of confidence so calling yourself ugly might hurt your confidence. Especially since this guy said he's never been in a relationship.

But I'll still call people ugly and/or fat bastards if I think they're fuck ugly and/or fat fuckers

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mate I'm not saying you can't call people ugly.

I just think if you want to get girls, you need to have some degree of confidence so calling yourself ugly might hurt your confidence. Especially since this guy said he's never been in a relationship.

But I'll still call people ugly and/or fat bastards if I think they're fuck ugly and/or fat fuckers

I am fine with it mate.. xD

Just knowing our snowflake generation that are trying to get books banned and nursery rhymes outlawed I am just wondering when they are going to start making a move on the words we use..  

A little bit of news from my side...

There's this girl I like. We're really close friends and I want to tell her.

However, I've had experiences that even with close friends she would lose interest in me at all once I say it. I just don't want to freak her out by letting her know... should I say it confidently or cautiously?

Archived