talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

A little bit of news from my side...

There's this girl I like. We're really close friends and I want to tell her.

However, I've had experiences that even with close friends she would lose interest in me at all once I say it. I just don't want to freak her out by letting her know... should I say it confidently or cautiously?

Think I won't actually.

It's an opportunity for me because I feel we're close enough for it to be a possibility, but I don't think it's really worth the risk. The odds seem against me for a relationship, not because she might say no but rather because the conditions seem a bit tough (long distance, and that if it doesn't work after a month I've lost a close friend)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

A little bit of news from my side...

There's this girl I like. We're really close friends and I want to tell her.

However, I've had experiences that even with close friends she would lose interest in me at all once I say it. I just don't want to freak her out by letting her know... should I say it confidently or cautiously?

8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Think I won't actually.

It's an opportunity for me because I feel we're close enough for it to be a possibility, but I don't think it's really worth the risk. The odds seem against me for a relationship, not because she might say no but rather because the conditions seem a bit tough (long distance, and that if it doesn't work after a month I've lost a close friend)

Glad we could help!

On 09/06/2020 at 08:12, Toinho said:

Tough situation Solano but I tried to turn a good friendship into a relationship a long time ago... didn’t work... he ended up bald and married with lots of kids.

Thanks.

Generally I’m down in the dumps about this whole matter. It’s not that I want a girlfriend so much, it’s that I want more support coming out if the blue, instead of asking people “hey support me”

in other words I’m feeling lonely.

Ive tried a number of things. Dating sites turned out to be a stupid idea. All the girls think they are 9’s or 10’s.

Then the situation above I said something today. I feel it annoyed her a bit, so I few even worse now...

i havent had a girlfriend in 4 years, so I am not entirely sure where it’s gone wrong for me. Guess I’ve gotten too fat! xD

• Subscriber
On 09/06/2020 at 13:12, Toinho said:

Tough situation Solano but I tried to turn a good friendship into a relationship a long time ago... didn’t work... he ended up bald and married with lots of kids.

This deserved a lot more love 

@DeadLinesman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Girl from Uni, were part of a team project, haven't met or talked to her for about three months until she just texted Hi

Mate she's practically begging for it.

And I'm only mostly joking.

11 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Girl from Uni, were part of a team project, haven't met or talked to her for about three months until she just texted Hi

Did you text her first?

20 minutes ago, Azeem said:

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

We use to talk quite a lot for work either on text or in person but haven't since this virus started

Well text her back and see how she is doing.. take it from there, she might be keen on you, do you like her??? 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

If a girl just texts you Hi what does it mean ?

She just wants a conversation and you shouldn't read too much in to a greeting via text.

Maybe she wants something. Maybe she's reaching out.

If you're struggling at the 'hi' stage of a conversation I do wonder how it will bode when the big stuff like 'how are you?' comes along and kicks in xD 

Yeah she said she wanted to talk and know how things are going, just had a little chit chat

but I'm still on to that Hi, girls are fully aware what kind of gestures they make and a simple Hi can be interpreted in anyway :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Will it be as huge as I imagine? xD 

Haha nope! And that's not because of COVID-19 either! 

Myself and fiancé both wanted small. But even then, it's 250+ people xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's still damn huge :4_joy:

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's still damn huge :4_joy:

Thanks, but back to the wedding...

The civil ceremony will be much smaller. 80 people...

On 16/07/2020 at 00:49, Stan said:

That’s heaps of people haha 

Archived