The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

29 for me 

My best friend is 35, and single. Lives with a girl and we kind of think he's gay but afraid to admit it (for some reason), but it wouldn't shock me if he went into his 40's before marriage. 

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting stuff.... I used to be the exact same way when I was in my teens when it came to girls, I never did anything horrible or anything when we split but just never had time for all the drama that went with it so I was happy enough to move on pretty sharpish with no hang up's... it was very much a case of 'there are plenty more fish in the sea' type situation as far as I was concerned.. 

I did have one memorable moment I will never forget when I used to work for a shop called Bishops back in the day ( @CaaC (John) might remember them ) and back then playing the field and all that I had 3 girls on the go at the same time... like you nothing serious just a bit of fun, a few drinks, cinema or whatever and try and get lucky at the end of the night if possible and one Friday night I was out with my mates and these 3 girls all ended up at a local party and through a twist of fate a couple of them were chatting to another girl and talking about boyfriends and my name cropped up.. you can imagine their massive surprise to find out they all had the same fella on the go... xD

Anyway, the following morning ( which I might add used to be my lay in day ) the phone starts ringing downstairs really early and my old man shouts up it's for me so I had to drag myself out of bed go down and answer it still half asleep with a lingering headache from the night before ( no mobiles back in them days ) When I pick the phone up it's one of these girls and she starts yelling down the phone and tells me she has found out that I have been cheating on her and I am getting my arse dumped then hangs up!! the call lasted about 10 seconds.. So, no problem I was just glad to be getting myself back under the covers.. 10 minutes later the phone starts going again and the old man shouts back up it's for me again... back down I go again and it's one of these other girls who tells me I am dumped and her older brother is going to beat me up blah blah blah... Party last night blah, blah, blah.. Horrible bastard blah, blah, blah and all that and then hangs up!! 

Obviously despite my tired and slightly hungover state I am now starting to put the pieces together of this sudden mystery double dumping  puzzle and kind of suss what's happened.. anyway, off back to bed until about 15 minutes later when the phone goes again!!!... The old man has the right arse by now and I am not far behind, I needed my sleep man not all this piss balling about... so I pick the phone up and as soon as I hear the third ones squeeky voice I just hung up on her.. I told the old man if anyone else calls tell them I killed myself because some girl dumped me..  You never know one or two of them might come rushing around feeling guilty... 

I will admit that going from 3 to 0 girlfriends in the one sitting was a bit of a set back , I wasn't used to taking so many hits in one go and back in them days I could usually talk at least one of them round and limit the damage but this was a deliberate attempt by them to emotionally carpet bomb me to try and teach me a lesson...  Work was a bit tense for a while I will admit as they clubbed together to try and warn other girls off me and all that but lucky for me my smoothy charm and cheeky smile was a bit much for some girls to resist so normal service was soon resumed..  Thing is for me it was just a bit of fun, a laugh and all that but they seem to go into it on a multi platform emotional level I just didn't understand.. If they wanted to see other people then fine, I am not going to lose my shit over it.. xD

They did teach me a very important lesson though... If seeing more than one girl at a time make sure they don't work in the same place or live in the same area B| 

By the way, if you made that comment about a woman in the workplace these days it would probably turn into a full investigation/suspension for you.. xD

I could never do that sort of thing, but it seems you were clear in having the fun bit but they were not! 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

My best friend is 35, and single. Lives with a girl and we kind of think he's gay but afraid to admit it (for some reason), but it wouldn't shock me if he went into his 40's before marriage. 

Not sure why you quoted me here? Haha 

I know some people who are single in their mid 30s etc. Each to their own! 

Just now, Toinho said:

Not sure why you quoted me here? Haha 

I know some people who are single in their mid 30s etc. Each to their own! 

Because I thought you were gay..? 

No, because I thought you were saying you were 29 when you found the missus. 

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I could never do that sort of thing, but it seems you were clear in having the fun bit but they were not! 

Well yea.. I suppose on the surface it all sounds a bit 'cheaty' but that's not my nature, you just never gave your undying love to anyone you had just met for a few nights.. xD I think one of my problems was self inflicted really.. I took one girl out for a meal for example and the next day I got her some flowers as a thank you for a nice evening out but I think that was my error.. For me it was just a nice evening with no talk of undying love or "can I see you again" and it was just a nice gesture... for me I am still a free man to roam as I please but for them a night out and flowers might indicate something a little more 'ongoing' I seriously don't have a bad bone in my body in that regard.. If I was serious about someone then it was just that person and them only... I have probably given the impression I am a serial cheater or something.. xD

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well yea.. I suppose on the surface it all sounds a bit 'cheaty' but that's not my nature, you just never gave your undying love to anyone you had just met for a few nights.. xD I think one of my problems was self inflicted really.. I took one girl out for a meal for example and the next day I got her some flowers as a thank you for a nice evening out but I think that was my error.. For me it was just a nice evening with no talk of undying love or "can I see you again" and it was just a nice gesture... for me I am still a free man to roam as I please but for them a night out and flowers might indicate something a little more 'ongoing' I seriously don't have a bad bone in my body in that regard.. If I was serious about someone then it was just that person and them only... I have probably given the impression I am a serial cheater or something.. xD

Haha nah I got the impression the girls thought you were proper dating or in a relationship whereas you were just having some nice meals, drinks and vaginas. 

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Haha nah I got the impression the girls thought you were proper dating or in a relationship whereas you were just having some nice meals, drinks and vaginas. 

Funny when I think back you know, we all worked in the same place and it's not as if I was sneaking around trying to keep them apart from each other or anything because as far as I was concerned I had nothing to hide... If I met someone I liked I might just ask them out for a drink and that was that really... I never really got too attached to anyone in particular if that makes sense and it was not like I was dropping my number off to them to call me or anything... back then as well it was requirement that the bloke did all the chasing so maybe they had a greater expectation of the situation than I did.. Go out for a couple of drinks and they think they are in a lasting relationship/new boyfriend situation.. for me it was great time then home for bed and we will see what tomorrow brings.. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Had our Indian engagement ceremony at the weekend. Was meant to be in April, then August, but settled for this weekend without our families which was a shame. But still went well! 

IMG_20201017_221505_822.jpg

IMG_20201017_155622_314.jpg

IMG_20201017_155622_329.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Dont understand anyone that wouldn’t want to know the sex though... just makes preparation a bit harder. 

Our daughter never wanted to know the sex of her first kiddie Connor but when she fell pregnant the second time around they were living in a flat with only had 2 bedrooms, one for her and her then-partner and Connor had the second bedroom.

They both wanted to know the sex because if it was going to be a girl then they would have sold their place and bought a 3 bedroom one so they would have separate rooms of their own but she found out it would be a boy (wee Kaiden) and they left it at that and stayed where they were and Connor & Kaiden shared the same room.

Me and the wife are not ones for wanting to know the sex of a child and we were just glad they were born ok, boy or girl, but funny enough before we got married we wrote in a book that we would have a boy first and name him Darren and a girl next then name her Denise and then I would have the snip and that would do us, our premonitions were right.

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Congratulations mate

Dont understand anyone that wouldn’t want to know the sex though... just makes preparation a bit harder. 

Thanks mate.
I know quite a few people who leave it as a surprise both my family and hers have done it. The sex isn’t important, there’s loads of prep you can still do. And there’s no such thing as boy and girl colours ;) 

I personally feel it will make it even more magical. 

Archived