talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

On 04/12/2020 at 12:08, CaaC (John) said:

Rain, snow, wind outside and today is our 46th Wedding Anniversary so it will be an indoors celebration for me and Liz, our daughter can't make it around with the 2 grandsons as we Kaiden is not feeling well so it will be Video calls on this laptop and Lizs to the grandsons, our son is out doing his taxi bit so he won't be home until later.

But not to worry, going to open the wine up around 2 ish and sit here and enjoy it, the wine chiller is stocked out with wine and the small beer cooler in the kitchen has our son's lager chilling away so today will consist of... :hh: :drunk:O.o

meeeeeeeeeeeee.thumb.png.935feb11b3fca31cc6c8bbcff8445de5.png

Wine.thumb.jpg.3c18721b9319df8b13dea31b048face8.jpg

Congrats @CaaC (John) lad and your better half, that's some serious going. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Storts said:

Just asked my better half to marry me - thought it was a romantic way to spend our first Christmas together 

Now single again :( 

Seriously?? 

How long have you two been together??? 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Just asked my better half to marry me - thought it was a romantic way to spend our first Christmas together 

Now single again :( 

Gosh. That's terrible mate. I hope that situation can be repaired/recovered, because it would seem like something which shouldn't end relationships even if the answer was negatory or was a not yet.

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What happened to your scouting/music/doodle sniffing career? :o

Long story. In short, still doing music but decided to put scouting to a side. I got the job and didn't get asked to do enough, which didn't help my depressive state. I also lost a bit of the passion for it, but I'm trying to regain it.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Harry said:

When was it to be mate? Do you have a firm new date?

How is your future wife feeling about it? Taking in stride or a huge blow

April, so quite soon!

New date potentially in summer but need to make sure suppliers (photographer, cake, flowers, hair & make-up for bride etc) are all available as well before new date. 

She's feeling fine, as am I - mainly because I think we were half expecting it after Monday's announcement about the 'roadmap' for easing restrictions. It's frustrating in any case cos we'd obviously had everything planned i.e. invites for April. 

The silver lining is that by July (potential date) we will (hopefully) be able to have the wedding we initially planned for, without restrictions. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

April, so quite soon!

New date potentially in summer but need to make sure suppliers (photographer, cake, flowers, hair & make-up for bride etc) are all available as well before new date. 

She's feeling fine, as am I - mainly because I think we were half expecting it after Monday's announcement about the 'roadmap' for easing restrictions. It's frustrating in any case cos we'd obviously had everything planned i.e. invites for April. 

The silver lining is that by July (potential date) we will (hopefully) be able to have the wedding we initially planned for, without restrictions. 

That would be awesome if you can get back to a fully normal wedding. Worth waiting for.

Quite a few weddings here were postponed by bigger periods than that, only to run into trouble in the second date as well, with mandatory masks bright back in try days before their wedding, or restrictions on guest numbers reintroduced. Rough on anyone, that.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Harry said:

That would be awesome if you can get back to a fully normal wedding. Worth waiting for.

Quite a few weddings here were postponed by bigger periods than that, only to run into trouble in the second date as well, with mandatory masks bright back in try days before their wedding, or restrictions on guest numbers reintroduced. Rough on anyone, that.

Yep, the blessing in disguise there. 

And yeah my mate has had to change his date 3 times. Initially in April 2020 then August 2020, then this April and now having to rearrange again. Hopefully the next time will be the last for his and his fiancé's sake! 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Is it wrong to be put off by someone if they are regularly sleeping with different people? 

No. Not in my book.

Although depends what you're looking for? If you're wanting something serious then it's definitely not wrong. If it's not serious, and you're just looking for something casual or chilled, then the bar would be lower so won't be as wrong, as there's no attachment (or not going to be one). 

8 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

How we all doing?

Random question. 

Is it wrong to be put off by someone if they are regularly sleeping with different people? 

Personal preference and judging someone are two different things, it's fine to say fair enough shag around but it's not for me

8 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

How we all doing?

Random question. 

Depends how open minded you are and given you are even asking this question would suggest you're not that open minded so I'd suggest not getting involved with someone who is happy to sleep around. 

My missus is a couple of years younger than me and we've been together since I was 20 so she'd only ever had one boyfriend before me and if I'm totally honest it did my head in for a number of years when younger. So I know I'm the type that would find it difficult to accept someone having multiple partners because I used to get annoyed at the knowledge of one. I don't think I'd be able to handle any form of serious relationship with someone who'd slept around pretty badly. 

Having said that, one of my wife's best friends got divorced about 6 years ago and she started using dating apps because apparently now that's the easiest way of meeting someone. I noticed over a four year period she'd had loads of different boyfriends and eventually I said to my wife Jo has turned into a bit of a slapper hasn't she. May as well waved a red rag to a bull, the missus went mad at me, apparently Jo had tried the dating apps and all she was getting was horrible losers who were basically using her for a period and then moving on to the next women. 

A lot of women are easy taken advantage of, that needs to be bared in mind as well. 

• Subscriber

Depends what is meant by regularly sleeping with different people. Are we talking someone who regularly has sex with different people as one-offs? Or someone who has a few different people that they sleep with regularly? There's nothing wrong with either and I wouldn't want to shame but I'd personally be put off even having a casual relationship with someone if they did have multiple sexual partners at once. Obviously you have to consider the hygiene/safety aspect but I've never been one of those people who can fully separate intimacy from sexual intercourse and see it as just a physical activity used to derive pleasure. I've had 'casual', non-romantic sexual relationships in the past but I don't think I could even do that if it wasn't exclusive. Other people will look at that and tell me that to them, they wouldn't deem that as a casual relationship so it's each to their own.

If we're just talking about someone who sleeps around a lot and has one-off encounters, it's different for me. If it's because they're a scruffy lass with such low self-esteem that they have to get someone between their legs every weekend to stave off just a little bit of their insecurity then obviously that's a big old swerve from me. If it's a woman who knows her own head, can admit that she likes having sex without feeling like a 'slut' and seeks out casual sex because she just likes doing it and she might as well have some fun if she's not in a relationship, then that doesn't really bother me at all. I personally don't sleep around much at all, my sex drive just isn't high enough to overcome my introverted tendencies, but I understand that, again, it's each to their own. I don't worry about how many notches are on my bed post because I'm comfortable with who I am and I know what I want from my relationships. I would look for the same in a woman, whether that involves her having casual sex with different partners every weekend or saving herself for marriage, or anything in between. As long as the motivation is an empowered personal choice rather than a high amount of insecurity or other unresolved personality flaws, I don't really care. The having several ongoing sexual partners over time though is a bridge too far for me, which sounds like it contradicts my last sentence. I wouldn't judge someone for it but I just think if I was considering a romantic interest in a woman and I knew that about her, it's too far removed from the way I manage my own sex life and romance for us to be compatible.

• Subscriber

Nowadays that seems to be the norm if a guy can move around (single) getting his end away then a lady can do the same as long as it's clean and safe sex, but years ago in my time a lady sleeping around was taboo, a guys attitude in my days and parents is the female in question should be a virgin or maybe married once before or if she did have a relationship (sex) with a guy for a few months then she should tell the guy in question who she was going with about it but do not tell the guys parents as they would look down on that as the female was up to no good and might have had many more. 

Nowadays gay people male/female can get together without any comebacks yet years ago that was looked at as evil and a sin and against the law, the wife's cousin is gay and we both went to her wedding where I danced with her and her partner and that was just the way of life and still is today, the same as any lady nowadays who has casual safe sex with a guy and the guy does the same with a female, we are all classed as equal today, 'What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander' :coffee:

Archived