• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Alright so as I breifly mentioned in my update I got engaged on the weekend at an air bnb we booked a while back. Ill set the stage for the day and how it played out. (ill post some pictures once I sort in a couple days)

So little back story; I picked out a ring before christmas last year, I kept it at my old mans as I figured that was the safest spot that she wouldnt find it in. Fast forward to last week I usually see my old man once a week or so (we are quite close) my better half comes once in awhile but she works graveyards so not too often. Well this week she wanted to have dinner with us. Complicates things as I had to pack the ring because its literally the night before were heading out. I called him up ahead of time and he packed me a couple of champagne glasses and the ring and hid it in his back bathroom in a drawer. I brought my work bag with me upstairs to his place to pack it in and that did all work out. I picked up a cheap bottle of sparking wine and a nice bottle of red wine as well to celebrate with and stowed this all in the trunk where normally my spare tire would be if there was one. 

The morning of I actually wasnt super nervous, I didnt sleep great early in the week leading up to, definitely was excited but i just kind of enjoyed the day as it was. Check in was 4pm for the air bnb so we made a day trip of it ahead of time. Went to our favourite breakfast place on the way up about halfway, then went up a gondola in that town. The views are fantastic, youre up above everything look over the mountain tops and lakes and theres a bunch of hikes and trails as well as a restaurant and bar. Spent most of the afternoon hiking around and settled in for a pint at the top of the lift before heading down. Got into the air bnb about 530 6 and unloaded the car and chatted with the home owner/host (was a basement suite the guy lived above with his family) for a bit. They had a beautiful covered deck with chairs/ outdoor couches to relax on so we almost instantly relaxed out there and enjoyed the awesome mountain views and quiet backdrop. Sun was setting and she mentioned she left her sunglasses in the car, I jumped all over that as my timing to grab the ring and the wine bottles. I came back as shes taking picures of the mountains on the deck and I dropped to one knee behind her and whipped it out (just the ring, relax @MUFC) and the rest is history. The best part to me is that she was completely surprised, weve been together 7 years now so she wasnt surprised in that i proposed but she didnt see it coming so mission accomplished. I filled her in on everything and we just enjoyed the rest of night toasting and drinking and phoning everyone for several hours. 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Sun was setting and she mentioned she left her sunglasses in the car, I jumped all over that as my timing to grab the ring and the whine bottles. I came back as shes taking picures of the mountains on the deck and I dropped to one knee behind her

Love the whole story and proposal but especially this bit! Reminds me of mine - seizing that golden window of opportunity :D 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Love the whole story and proposal but especially this bit! Reminds me of mine - seizing that golden window of opportunity :D 

I had a good laugh after she was like no wonder you where so eager to get my sunglasses...Guilty xD  I was about to just say I forgot my wallet or something in the car. 

Anyways, thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah, it's all a bit of a panic. We were having a weekend away in Edinburgh for NY when I proposed and as we were eating dinner, I went back to the room for the ring as that's where I had hidden it. 

Said that I needed to go back to the room for the toilet, with my then girlfriend perplexed as there was a toilet a few yards away in the restaurant itself xD. Luckily she didn't ask too many questions and I managed to surprise her.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah, it's all a bit of a panic. We were having a weekend away in Edinburgh for NY when I proposed and as we were eating dinner, I went back to the room for the ring as that's where I had hidden it. 

Said that I needed to go back to the room for the toilet, with my then girlfriend perplexed as there was a toilet a few yards away in the restaurant itself xD. Luckily she didn't ask too many questions and I managed to surprise her.

It's literally a 'now or never' moment.

We were in our room which had a balcony. We were chilling there, both smartly dressed up ready to go out to a rooftop bar for our meal, which is where I was originally gonna propose. But it was so nice on our balcony at the hotel just overlooking Madrid, soaking up the quietness and calm atmosphere. She went in to the room to go to the loo, while she was there I went back in to the room to grab the box & ring from my jacket pocket. Went back out, had the ring in my hand, got on one knee and it felt like an eternity for her to come back xD. Was probably only about a minute but felt like half an hour. She came back out to the balcony and just froze.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We get it guys, you propose. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Time to revive your SingleLifeNoKids365 thread full of happiness, me thinks xD 

I think @Waylander is confused at proposals.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I thought you kept us guessing or is there a part to follow?

Haha it was fairly standard from then. Popped the question and amongst alot of her tears she said yes :D

15 hours ago, Stan said:

It's literally a 'now or never' moment.

We were in our room which had a balcony. We were chilling there, both smartly dressed up ready to go out to a rooftop bar for our meal, which is where I was originally gonna propose. But it was so nice on our balcony at the hotel just overlooking Madrid, soaking up the quietness and calm atmosphere. She went in to the room to go to the loo, while she was there I went back in to the room to grab the box & ring from my jacket pocket. Went back out, had the ring in my hand, got on one knee and it felt like an eternity for her to come back xD. Was probably only about a minute but felt like half an hour. She came back out to the balcony and just froze.

Proposed to after having a long shit, romance isn't dead ❤️

Archived