The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Stan said:

Indian wedding tomorrow.

15-16 months in the planning.

The day is nearly here :x

Enjoy it buddy, married life will give you a break from in here and all the prediction games etc,  baby blues will be next in the near future I would presume. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Enjoy it buddy, married life will give you a break from in here and all the prediction games etc,  baby blues will be next in the near future I would presume. :D

Don't level up too quickly though, or you'll be banned for cheating. 

51 minutes ago, Toinho said:

The English as a second language must be the issue here. None of my last 4-5 posts have been serious. 

It's hard to tell with written words on a forum whether someone is serious or not. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

It's hard to tell with written words on a forum whether someone is serious or not. 

Agreed not just on forums but texting in general. I got kicked out of our friend's Whatsapp group for a joke once and my cousin once inquired the other day whether I was being serious for a joke I made a night earlier. Mood killer

Emojis keep it safe. Now I use xDbefore joking with any Tom, Dick, Harry and Spike.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Agreed not just on forums but texting in general. I got kicked out of our friend's Whatsapp group for a joke once and my cousin once inquired the other day whether I was being serious for a joke I made a night earlier. Mood killer

Emojis keep it safe. Now I use xDbefore joking with any Tom, Dick, Harry and Spike.

Do you still start conversations with girls with 'hi' and expect them to fall in love with you? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Do you still start conversations with girls with 'hi' and expect them to fall in love with you? 

Wait a minute. This is not how it works? 

That explains so much. 

I have a question... 

If you are out with your partner or on a date if you are single what's the norm for a night out in the treatment department manners wise?? 

As the man/woman do you pay or do you expect it to be 50/50??

If you are the man do you open car/restaurant doors for them let and let them be seated first before a meal etc and as the woman do you expect that to happen?? 

As the man do you make sure they get home safe and as the woman is that something you would expect to happen after a night out?? 

Just curious because I was reading an article that I think came for Redditt where some woman was giving her date a big thumbs down for not opening the car door for her and driving off after dropping her off before she had got in the house but gave him a thumbs up for paying for everything... As I was going through the story it reminded me of this scene.. 

• Administrator

@Bluewolf for the first date with my missus I paid. She got the next one and whenever we met up she would get lunch and I'd get dinner, or vice versa. It was always something we'd happily agree on. If it was mega expensive then we'd split. Obvs if it's for her birthday or anniversary I'd treat her and she wouldn't have to pay or lift a finger. 

I think just as a gentlemanly gesture I'd open the doors for her. To me that's just polite let alone anything else, regardless of if it's on a date or not. 

Same with getting home safe. If I was dropping her off, I'd always make sure she's in the house and door closed before leaving. Never just leave them before that as you never know who's lurking about... ( @MUFC

Sometimes these days women don't like some of the above because they're so independent they can do it themselves, which is fine. But don't hold it against the guy you're with for daring to be polite and courteous from the start. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I have a question... 

If you are out with your partner or on a date if you are single what's the norm for a night out in the treatment department manners wise?? 

As the man/woman do you pay or do you expect it to be 50/50??

If you are the man do you open car/restaurant doors for them let and let them be seated first before a meal etc and as the woman do you expect that to happen?? 

As the man do you make sure they get home safe and as the woman is that something you would expect to happen after a night out?? 

Just curious because I was reading an article that I think came for Redditt where some woman was giving her date a big thumbs down for not opening the car door for her and driving off after dropping her off before she had got in the house but gave him a thumbs up for paying for everything... As I was going through the story it reminded me of this scene.. 

Really depends on the circumstances. A night out with a partner in a long term relationship? Doesn't matter who pays. Sometimes me, sometimes him, sometimes split the bill. Going on a date when single? Definitely don't expect the man to pay, and actually prefer paying for myself, especially if it's a first date. If the man still insists on paying, I'm fine with that as well, as long as it's just a few drinks etc. and not a fancy seven course dinner and a bottle of scotch or something xD If I don't want the second date to happen though, I'll definitely pay for myself. 

As for courteous gestures like opening and holding the door - those are just little acts of kindness that surely everyone appreciates, regardless if it's a date/relationship or not? You don't expect them (as in, you won't just stand at the door like a princess waiting for the fella to run and open it for you xD), but it's nice when it happens. Manners are always nice, regardless of relationship status, as long they are genuine and not some kind of a show put on to impress you or others.

I also always appreciate anyone who ensures that I get home safely at night. Once again, it's not something you necessarily expect, but it shows that they care, and I must admit that I'd be a bit put off if they just left me alone in the middle of the night after the date, without showing any concern for my safety. I mean, even most taxi drivers don't drive off until they see me enter the house safely, so... xD 

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Bluewolf for the first date with my missus I paid. She got the next one and whenever we met up she would get lunch and I'd get dinner, or vice versa. It was always something we'd happily agree on. If it was mega expensive then we'd split. Obvs if it's for her birthday or anniversary I'd treat her and she wouldn't have to pay or lift a finger. 

I think just as a gentlemanly gesture I'd open the doors for her. To me that's just polite let alone anything else, regardless of if it's on a date or not. 

Same with getting home safe. If I was dropping her off, I'd always make sure she's in the house and door closed before leaving. Never just leave them before that as you never know who's lurking about... ( @MUFC

Sometimes these days women don't like some of the above because they're so independent they can do it themselves, which is fine. But don't hold it against the guy you're with for daring to be polite and courteous from the start. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Really depends on the circumstances. A night out with a partner in a long term relationship? Doesn't matter who pays. Sometimes me, sometimes him, sometimes split the bill. Going on a date when single? Definitely don't expect the man to pay, and actually prefer paying for myself, especially if it's a first date. If the man still insists on paying, I'm fine with that as well, as long as it's just a few drinks etc. and not a fancy seven course dinner and a bottle of scotch or something xD If I don't want the second date to happen though, I'll definitely pay for myself. 

As for courteous gestures like opening and holding the door - those are just little acts of kindness that surely everyone appreciates, regardless if it's a date/relationship or not? You don't expect them (as in, you won't just stand at the door like a princess waiting for the fella to run and open it for you xD), but it's nice when it happens. Manners are always nice, regardless of relationship status, as long they are genuine and not some kind of a show put on to impress you or others.

I also always appreciate anyone who ensures that I get home safely at night. Once again, it's not something you necessarily expect, but it shows that they care, and I must admit that I'd be a bit put off if they just left me alone in the middle of the night after the date, without showing any concern for my safety. I mean, even most taxi drivers don't drive off until they see me enter the house safely, so... xD 

I am a bit old fashioned like that... Opening doors, paying for things and as you both say it's common courtesy and that's the way I was brought up and still do it now when we are out... I just don't expect my other half to be paying for stuff, Back when we first met I would get her home and some nights I would miss the last bus back and have to walk about 4 miles home each time.. xD The idea of a female walking home alone late at night was unthinkable to me... The only time I would not pay is if I was invited out for an evening meal that they have cooked for example because that's what they wanted to do obviously... 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

The highlighted point would defo be a clear sign she wasn't interested if I think I was dating now.

I'd 100% never expect a women to go 50/50 as I'd be far to embarrassed to expect it as to me its one of life's givens that a man pay for the first dates meal or activities.

In terms of how forward a man should be on a first date would you say it's off putting if a man is too forward on a first date?

By this I mean being touchy or attempting a kiss in public?

Or does it depend on how attractive he is to you?

Archived