talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dating, Relationships and Marriage Thread

football forum

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

No expense spared in the sense of I wanted the wedding to be the best day of our lives and everything the wife dreamed of, but as we're both lucky to not be fucking idiots didn't spend £10,000 on napkins.

You're married? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The married members. Did any of you splash out big on your wedding? Some seriously go overboard.

Got married in Kos in Greece in a special wedding venue in the mountains overlooking harbour in 2018.

Had about 30 guests who all flew over with us.

I paid for the full event, wedding, meal and a free bar which got well and truly drank dry.

Got to admit, it was exactly the wedding I'd hoped for during our time together, the people that mattered. That way you don't mind spending the extra to make it such a special day.

I hated the idea of getting married in England and inviting people I wasn't arsed about.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Got married in Kos in Greece in a special wedding venue in the mountains overlooking harbour in 2018.

I paid for the full event, wedding, meal and a free bar which got well and truly drank dry.

Got to admit, it was exactly the wedding I'd hoped for during our time together, the people that mattered. That way you don't mind spending the extra to make it such a special day.

I hated the idea of getting married in England and inviting people I wasn't arsed about.

😯

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

That does sound very nice indeed! 

51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That does sound very nice indeed! 

It was, we were on holiday in Kos the year before and it just felt like the place and right time. Over the next year I studied the place on the Internet and found the venue and put it all together.

We had a wedding people said was the best they'd ever been to, Greek dancers the lot.

56 minutes ago, MUFC said:

😯

Why the shock, if I was going to spend thousands getting married to me it was important the people I really cared for were there.

The whole thing cost me half of what it would cost in the UK and it was unique, I shared that with my closest family, not distant family or people I don't care about.

7 hours ago, Devil said:

Why the shock, if I was going to spend thousands getting married to me it was important the people I really cared for were there.

The whole thing cost me half of what it would cost in the UK and it was unique, I shared that with my closest family, not distant family or people I don't care about.

Was funny the way the underlined part was written. Not the rest of the things you wrote. I get what you mean.

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Was funny the way the underlined part was written. Not the rest of the things you wrote. I get what you mean.

This was the venue, Lofaki's. I basically rented out the whole place and got married on the lawn to the right of the venue. They set it up with chairs and an arch. 

The free bar was wines and lager, anything else had to be paid extra by a guest but given they'd made the effort to travel abroad for my wedding free drinks all night seemed a nice gesture.

lofaki-restaurant.jpg

dining-at-lofaki-with.jpg

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Devil said:

This was the venue, Lofaki's. I basically rented out the whole place and got married on the lawn to the right of the venue. They set it up with chairs and an arch. 

The free bar was wines and lager, anything else had to be paid extra by a guest but given they'd made the effort to travel abroad for my wedding free drinks all night seemed a nice gesture.

lofaki-restaurant.jpg

dining-at-lofaki-with.jpg

That looks gorgeous. I kind of wish a destination wedding was feasible but it just isnt. 

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What's the food menu for your wedding?

For the lunch we had:

• Mohanthad and Shrikhand
  • Dhokra and veg samosas
  • Undhiyu, stuffed aubergine & potato curry
  • Rice
  • Puri
  • Chutneys and farfar/poppadoms

Evening starters:

• Aloo chaat
  • Chilli mogo
  • Jeera chicken
  • Lamb kebabs
  • Fish pakora
  • Coriander chutney & mint chutney

Evening mains:

• Paneer masala
  • Channa masala
  • Butter chicken
  • Lamb rogan josh
  • Tandoori butter naan
  • Jeera rice
  • Raitha, salad

Desserts:

• Passion fruit cheesecake
  • Mango kulfi
  • Wedding cake

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

For the lunch we had:

• Dhokra and veg samosas
  • Rice
  • Puri

Evening starters:

• Aloo chaat
  • Chilli mogo
  • Jeera chicken
  • Lamb kebabs
  • Fish pakora

Evening mains:

• Paneer masala
  • Channa masala
  • Butter chicken
  • Lamb rogan josh
  • Tandoori butter naan
  • Jeera rice
  • Raitha, salad

Desserts:

• Mango kulfi
  • Wedding cake

Menu fit for a King and Queen.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

For the lunch we had:

• Dhokra and veg samosas
  • Rice
  • Puri

Evening starters:

• Aloo chaat
  • Chilli mogo
  • Jeera chicken
  • Lamb kebabs
  • Fish pakora

Evening mains:

• Paneer masala
  • Channa masala
  • Butter chicken
  • Lamb rogan josh
  • Tandoori butter naan
  • Jeera rice
  • Raitha, salad

Desserts:

• Mango kulfi
  • Wedding cake

Sounds amazing that.

As you'd imagine with our venue ours was a fully Greek theme and the starters, mains and deserts were amazing.

Archived