talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - France 4-3 Argentina

football forum

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

France looked fantastic at times there and were clearly deserved winners. BUT it was CRIMINAL how much space they gave Di Maria. He could have mailed a fucking letter to Loris given the fucking time he had.

Also @Blue You're a retard if you think Argie Spacker number 2 is better than loris and a retard if you thing Argentina are even close to france with talent at their disposal. The team france left behind could well beat Argentina

I loved the Argentina and France game, and I reckon the French deserve a lot more credit than they're given. Whilst the wins have not comfortable they've often dictated play, shown resolve and shown character. In Kylian Mbappe they have a player of incredible class whose speed is quite frankly phenomenal. What a key player he could be in the latter stages of the competition.

Needless to say I'm not going to miss Argentina. I've found their choice of tactics weird and they're in desperate need of a new generation of players. I know he's not particularly liked but Mauro Icardi could be some player in four years time. Maybe it's time to accept him.

I'm glad that one of France or Uruguay will be in the semi finals. Whilst neither started the tournament in a convincing fashion they've both shown composure, improvement, and an ability to beat big teams. They both deserve to get this far.

45 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

?

24 minutes ago, Batard said:

No he isn’t

I had to double check because I would have swore he was due to yellow cards, but I guess it is Matuidi.

On a side note, I've seen it used a couple of times but can people please not use words such as 'retard' when referring to somebody that has a different opinion to them. Whilst I'm sure it's not meant with malice, the reality is we don't know everybody's background here, and we could well have members who have disabled children that could take offence to that word being used.

I don't mean to sound like a 'snowflake' here, but the word retard isn't really necessary when the word idiot would be just as effective.

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

France looked fantastic at times there and were clearly deserved winners. BUT it was CRIMINAL how much space they gave Di Maria. He could have mailed a fucking letter to Loris given the fucking time he had.

Also @Blue You're a retard if you think Argie Spacker number 2 is better than loris and a retard if you thing Argentina are even close to france with talent at their disposal. The team france left behind could well beat Argentina

Argie Spacker number 2?, mate you're hurting me calling Armani that. xD I thought you were gonna support us, hell, i even had a bathtub full of ashes with your name on it so we could celebrate in case we won. :(

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Argie Spacker number 2?, mate you're hurting me calling Armani that. xD I thought you were gonna support us, hell, i even had a bathtub full of ashes with your name on it so we could celebrate in case we won. :(

To be fair he did fuck all. He watched Griezmans free kick, then saved nothing AND made a huge gaff.

I'll always celebrate with you mate. You, @Machado and I need to have a meet up somewhere exotic with many bitches and mucho coke.

16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

First the negative rep and now this, LEGEND! Very early but you should be without a doubt the heavy favorite for staff member of the year. :ay:

It's a group decision mate. It's just usually Stans online all the time to announce everything xD

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To be fair he did fuck all. He watched Griezmans free kick, then saved nothing AND made a huge gaff.

I'll always celebrate with you mate. You, @Machado and I need to have a meet up somewhere exotic with many bitches and mucho coke.

Yeah, was not his best day today, could have saved at least one.

Thailand doesn't look bad..

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't decide if I like Armani or not. Needless to say though he's a huge upgrade on Willy.

Well here and in Colombia he was an excellent shot-stopper with a great jump and reflexes, his main weak point are rebounds, he sometimes gives them when it looks like he could have kept ahold of it. It surprised me that he couldn't save one of the goals (can't remember which) as he normally saves those with ease.

Armani has had a bad game but he made a very good save in the Nigeria game when it was 1-1 and organized his defensive line. He's one of the most underrated keepers in the world. One bad game doesn't make him a poor keeper, easily European league quality.

The problem is he chose to have a bad game when the whole world is watching him.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Well here and in Colombia he was an excellent shot-stopper with a great jump and reflexes, his main weak point are rebounds, he sometimes gives them when it looks like he could have kept ahold of it. It surprised me that he couldn't save one of the goals (can't remember which) as he normally saves those with ease.

Spot on, rebounds have always been a problem, actually it is highlighted in one of his best ever saves.

Incredible save all in all, but the point is he could have avoided getting himself in that issue in the first place xD

12 hours ago, bozziovai said:

i can't wholly blame Messi for this loss ---  everyone in the team has failed.      But still, i can't help but to ask myself -- where is the Messi we all see in Barcelona ??.   where is that talk that all the plays START from Messi ???.      oh well, he is still a GOAT, but like i said, but as a player for barcelona .....

this is why i don't consider Messi to be the greatest. He is poetry is motion but he does not carry a team. He doesn't make the players around him better. He needs great players for him to function. He is ambivalent at times you want fire and passion to be shown. 

Amazing player. Within a specific criteria he is peerless. Broaden it out and he's lacking in some major attributes that other greats aren't. 

Missed this game. When it was 3-2 I heard a loud very short roar when I was walking down the street and thought Messi must have equalised. Then the penny dropped that this is London, the 2nd largest city in France :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Reminds me of when someone committed suicide when SAF left United. 

Absolutely mental.

It's absolutely ridiculous and although in this case we're talking about a child so we can't call the situation a fatal action of selfishness, it does make you almost comprehend the absolute stupidity behind fanboyism and how far it goes within social media.

Archived