• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal

football forum

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointing if we lose.

We'll probably go back to the initial formation with Ronaldo and Guedes up front. We've looked a bit shaky at the back so I'm worried about what Suarez and Cavani can do to us. Santos better have a look at that.

Portugal should win, but Uruguay can never be ruled out in a World Cup game. They are always spirited, have an annoying style for anyone and have excellent footballers.

I think this'll be quite a dull game tbh. Uruguay aren't that positive and neither are Portugal. I'm standing by my wanting Portugal & Ronaldo to have a historic world cup - but I think this will be a very tough match for them. On paper, I think Uruguay is better. Unfortunate for Portugal to draw with Iran because of that penalty that after going back to and being less biased about it... shouldn't have been a penalty at all and lose the top spot in the group to a Spain side that were a bit poo in all honesty. Makes their whole tournament much harder.

Whichever side wins, I suspect it'll have something to do with one of Ronaldo, Suarez or Cavani.

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whichever side wins, I suspect it'll have something to do with one of Ronaldo, Suarez or Cavani.

many have said that portugal is over reliant on ronaldo, this year he has delivered.    that game against iran i see him as being cautious of being injured i hope he'll go all out tomorrow.     but portugal will have a big problem if uruguay decides to play with much tempo, they have players that are capable of that and i'm always wary of the vampire suarez's skills.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

GK- Portugal has the edge

Defence- Uruguay

Midfield- even

Offense- CRISTIANO RONALDO, nuff said 

they have mr. masturbate hahahaha.    rui should do a two-rounder-selfie before the match to get his awareness at maximum levels :D :D    

I´m curious to see who will have take the initiative in this match. Two small countries who have quality players in their attack, and are known for their pragmatic approach.

I heard something that made a lot of sense to me: Portugal is the Uruguay of Europe, Uruguay is the Portugal of South America. 

I have zero idea of what to expect from that one. Hoping for a nice match. 

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

I´m curious to see who will have take the initiative in this match. Two small countries who have quality players in their attack, and are known for their pragmatic approach.

I heard something that made a lot of sense to me: Portugal is the Uruguay of Europe, Uruguay is the Portugal of South America. 

I have zero idea of what to expect from that one. Hoping for a nice match. 

I expect a 1-0 with a late winner, maybe even extra time late winner. Either that or it goes to the penalty shoot-out.

11 minutes ago, Machado said:

I expect a 1-0 with a late winner, maybe even extra time late winner. Either that or it goes to the penalty shoot-out.

If Bernardo and Guedes play up to their level of talent, something that unfortunately hasn´t happened so far in this World Cup, I think you´ll dominate the match and end up winning it. Otherwise, it´s an open and unpredictable match.

William is in doubt for the match. With Danilo not coming to the WC, I expect Adrien to take the defensive midfielder place. 

My XI would be:

GK - Patrício

RB - Cédric 

CB - Pepe

CB - Fonte

LB - Raphael

DM - Adrien

CM - Moutinho

CM - Bruno Fernandes

AM - Bernardo Silva

FW - Guedes

FW - Ronaldo

4-4-2, with Bernardo behind both Guedes and Cristiano. It will help us defend better, which we'll need to do against this Uruguayan attack, and support the attack properly.

This game will be the example of two estate agents meeting at a property up for sale without any clients being present. They’ll both speculate and for me the answer will be in who specualtes best. On paper the game will be very tactical with wary football.

The thing is that both teams have plenty of talent at their disposal to provide an amazing game for the neutral. 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This game will be the example of two estate agents meeting at a property up for sale without any clients being present. They’ll both speculate and for me the answer will be in who specualtes best. On paper the game will be very tactical with wary football.

The thing is that both teams have plenty of talent at their disposal to provide an amazing game for the neutral. 

One of the weirdesf analogies I've heard.

Portugal 1-0. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'm going to use this

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived