The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal

football forum

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah you're right. My bad.

From what I remember the goal was more of a header over the keeper. But I get what you mean.

Since Tabarez implemented this new lineup back in October, Uruguay have been scary good. The midfield was the issue they needed to fix and now they look as complete as ever.

That William Carvalho is the Carlos Sanchez of Portugal.

Decent ball winner but does nothing but slow the play down. Always does sideway passes and never seems to run when he's on the ball. I don't rate him one bit. Extremely limited.

• Administrator

Guerrero and William Carvalho have been really underwhelming this tournament. Not been impressed by either.

One tries too hard and not much comes off for him and the other doesn't seem to try hard enough.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Uruguay are superbly organised, keeping Portugal where they want them. Might have to be something spectacular to break them down.

you'd expect the supposed 'goat' would be able to provide that something spectacular as well. We shall wait...

Just now, Spike said:

Moronic commentating, a journalist covering the world cup doesn't even know what the name of Atlético Madrid is. Another 'Athletico' mong. He also called Laxalt a 'left black'.

Left black xD

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Saturday 30th June - Uruguay 2-1 Portugal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived