talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think either of these sides have won a knockout excluding playoffs since 1998. I'm gonna go for Denmark. Croatia look good but I just have a feeling Denmark will win.

I think Denmark will win. Neither team have impressed me but tactically I find the Danes an organized side. When they beat us I thought it was down to smarts rather than footballing ability showing that you don't always have to be a talented team to be a good side.

• Administrator

with the way this World Cup has gone, Croatia are meant to win given they're the better team but I'm now half-expecting Denmark to pull out the stops to get a win.

Even if Denmark go out, I hope Kasper has a good game.

If you want tactical bloopers for a highlight reel, just add that Croatia goal.

Lost the ball on the flank, bad clearance, headered straight to Mandzukic and Croatia goal.

Hilarious goal.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

that clearance that smashed in to his own player is so unlucky. Fell perfectly for Mandzukic.

Lets face it though, the technical bits of defending from Denmark was defied with awfulness. They had 3 chances to get the ball out and they failed all 3 times.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Lets face it though, the technical bits of defending from Denmark was defied with awfulness. They had 3 chances to get the ball out and they failed all 3 times.

even so, if you smash a clearance in to your own teammate by accident and it falls directly to an opposition player, that's gonna be unlucky.

Denmark are playing exactly like they played against us. They are exploiting the aerial game in order to get forwards. Physical as well.

Hahahahaha, the coverage here is terrible.

"Croatia are ready to take a shot at the Argentine net" 

Christ xD

Seeing the same Croatia I saw against Argentina. They are good at pressing (which is what they need to do with their quality) but offensively I don't buy them at all. 

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived