talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the WC and often feel like if only one of the main guys was five years younger. Such a shame how little Messi played with Riquelme, or Ronaldo played with Rui Costa, or while watching this game how little Eriksen has played with Lord Bendtner.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

So salty xD

Who said I was salty? I just can't watch all European clashes. Always boring as owt. Euro 2016 was no different.

Also, Croatia are literally a myth. Other than Perisic no one drives forwards. They are good at pressing which you need to expect from them given their midfield options but offensively they are cack. I don't buy this "the best team in the world cup" bollocks.

Denmark are hardly better but they are a different story. They are organized and smart but they have no technique whatsoever. They need all the space in the world to make a proper touch. I think Russia have it good to be honest. They can beat either of these.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Who said I was salty? I just can't watch all European clashes. Always boring as owt. Euro 2016 was no different.

i had no idea you were from the north of England.

Just now, Stan said:

i had no idea you were from the north of England.

I speak with British volcabulary but with a Canadian accent. I got bored of using North American vocab so I decided to take influence from the British and Australians. Drives some people nuts but at least its fun to speak as.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

also @Blue you bang on about people being 'Euro-centric' but you constantly bang on about European teams as if there's no tomorrow xD 

Maybe because its a topic about 2 European teams in the World Cup?

Come on Stan... even you know I'm not that avid of European football xD

• Subscriber

Hopefully Croatia come through this. No disrespect to Denmark but I personally want to see four really good sides in the Semi Finals and I don't think either they or Russia are that.

At the same time, no point in Croatia being quality in the group and having big names if they perform like this. They've been poor tonight and on this evidence would look out of place in a semi final themselves.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Denmark taking the game to Croatia now. Have Croatia even had any shots on target since half time? 

Both look poor in the final third

Luka Modric and Ivan Perisic have been Croatia's only 2 good, as for Denmark I'd give it to Knudsen. The rest are meh. Eriksen has had a very disappointing tournament so far.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived