• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Sunday 1st July - Croatia 1-1(p) Denmark

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Glad to see most on here seem to agree it was a red rather than a yellow. I got absolutely blasted by mates of mine earlier for saying it was a red. I can't buy that he's gone for the ball. He's gone to clear him out which is instinctive really.

7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I do as you posted it on TFF before. The transfer practically destroyed Mackay's managerial career.

I think it was more the racist comments that saw him spiral from a cancelled contract with us to relegated with Wigan in less than a year. He really hasn't recovered from those text messages being leaked.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Harry said:

I missed this game.

Not sure if it was covered in the telecast but how was that not a red card? 

I've never seen a more clear cut last defender situation in my life. 

Ref thought he made a 'genuine attempt to get the ball' 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Glad to see most on here seem to agree it was a red rather than a yellow. I got absolutely blasted by mates of mine earlier for saying it was a red. I can't buy that he's gone for the ball. He's gone to clear him out which is instinctive really.

He disguised it well. 

• The topic was unpinned
58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it was more the racist comments that saw him spiral from a cancelled contract with us to relegated with Wigan in less than a year. He really hasn't recovered from those text messages being leaked.

That as well, but the transfer saga with Cornelius appeared to be trigger for Tan at least (he was under investigation along with Moody for financial irregularities at the same time).

Glad Croatia went through. They played bad compared to their previous matches, but Russia - Denmark would've been a howler of a match-up for a World Cup quarter final. Still, I hope they shape up and don't get stunned by Russia's brick wall like Spain did. Croatia vs. England or Colombia would be the most interesting match-up for the semis.

Archived